Sign in to follow this  
darem

THIS changed FSX for me

Oh boy.Ideal Flight 10 is a new frontend for FSX. Well, it's more. It's a crossover between a route finder, a logbook, a automated flight planning tool, a mixture between FSCaptain and FSPassengersX (minus crew), a weather generator, and and and.I discovered this one two days ago, and I must admit that it changed the way I use FSX completely. What it does is basically this:You create your pilot, enter a departure airport and choose a plane from the dropdown menu to choose a plane (it only shows planes that can start from the airport, so no 747 on a grass strip *g*), you tell the program if you want to go VFR or IFR, how long you want to fly, if you want to avoid restricted airspaces and things like that - and IF10 creates a flight, a flight plan, a briefing with graphical representations of the airports, prepares infos for your kneeboard, lets you decide if you want to start cold and dark, fully set up or anything inbetween, if you want weather created or not (or use your own weather program). It either prepares a random flight or suggests a list of destinations for your plane and for the flight length you chose and off you go. You click a button, it fires up FSX and places your plane at the airport at the given gate at the given time with the given weather and the flight plan loaded. You fly, and it monitors your flight. After your flight, it shows a rating of your flight based on meaningful parameters, parks the aircraft at the destination. It remembers where you are, where the planes you used are and you can either start with a parked plane, your last destination or at a new airport.There are so many other features in this program - it's really special and added a new dimension to my FSX experience.There is a demo version available, please do yourself a favor and try it - if your flying habits are close to mine, you will have found heaven :-)

Oh boy.Ideal Flight 10 is a new frontend for FSX. Well, it's more. It's a crossover between a route finder, a logbook, a automated flight planning tool, a mixture between FSCaptain and FSPassengersX (minus crew), a weather generator, and and and.I discovered this one two days ago, and I must admit that it changed the way I use FSX completely. What it does is basically this:You create your pilot, enter a departure airport and choose a plane from the dropdown menu to choose a plane (it only shows planes that can start from the airport, so no 747 on a grass strip *g*), you tell the program if you want to go VFR or IFR, how long you want to fly, if you want to avoid restricted airspaces and things like that - and IF10 creates a flight, a flight plan, a briefing with graphical representations of the airports, prepares infos for your kneeboard, lets you decide if you want to start cold and dark, fully set up or anything inbetween, if you want weather created or not (or use your own weather program). It either prepares a random flight or suggests a list of destinations for your plane and for the flight length you chose and off you go. You click a button, it fires up FSX and places your plane at the airport at the given gate at the given time with the given weather and the flight plan loaded. You fly, and it monitors your flight. After your flight, it shows a rating of your flight based on meaningful parameters, parks the aircraft at the destination. It remembers where you are, where the planes you used are and you can either start with a parked plane, your last destination or at a new airport.There are so many other features in this program - it's really special and added a new dimension to my FSX experience.There is a demo version available, please do yourself a favor and try it - if your flying habits are close to mine, you will have found heaven :-)
I just did my first experimentation with it last night, and that was enough for me to purchase a license. It won't be for everybody, but I'm really impressed with the features. Sometimes you just want to get in and go!

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I'll check it out. Something like this would interest me if it could suggest flights based on the following: 1. Whether I have scenery or AES support 2. If it could suggest airports based on weather.For every flight, I first look at global weather and then decide whether I have airport scenery in the areas where the weather is what I am looking for. After that, I look at destinations that are the proper distance from the origin for the aircraft I want to fly and the time I have available. Of course, whether I have a paint available for the potential flight is also considered. Sometimes the process is quick - I am currently doing LPPT-LLBG. I have scenery for both airports, AES support at the origin, IMC at the origin with clouds and rain at the destination and an El Al QW757. Also, I need to watch the Red Wings game so I want to take off now and be able to land after the game - 5 hours.That's the process I go through when deceiding where, what and when to fly. If something could automate that, I would buy it. Sometimes this process takes 2 minutes to figure out, sometimes it takes a lot longer resulting in me saying f-it and not flying at all.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Sounds interesting. What aircraft are listed? Couldn't really find the listing.
It seems to pull its aircraft from your FS. For instance, I installed IdealFlight last night, just after I'd put the Carenado C340 on my system. When I went to choose my default plane in IdealFlight, the 340 was one of the options, complete with full performance info.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

That's right - it goes through your aircraft folder and picks the flyable ones. Then you choose - and it's a lot better organized, because you pick the plane in one dropdown list and the fitting repaint from a second one.

Can you put your FPS Limiter batch file as the .exe for it to use to load FSX?Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Can you disable the weather features couse I use ASE? and thank u for posting this I was getting bored with the same old same old.Untill I seen this I was about to buy Airhuler.

Can you disable the weather features couse I use ASE? and thank u for posting this I was getting bored with the same old same old.Untill I seen this I was about to buy Airhuler.
Yes, you can. If you use ASE weather like I do, there is the option to disable the weather features of IF10.

Wow, looks nice! Seems like the perfect addon to have in conjunction with OrbX sceneries!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Yes, this program sounds very intriguing. My biggest problem lately has been deciding where to fly and what plane to use. This could make it more interesting.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

I sent them an email asking if the program can create flight plans for PMDG aircraft (.RTEs) That would make it a must have!

Amazing all purpose program , routing,fuel planning(it also loads the suggested fuel to your aircraft!),weather forecasting and engine,option to choose aircraft state (easy cold and dark) even pilot performance assessment .. also i've noticed that it uses aircrafts in your inventory to populate the route with AI traffic (may be not the best option in the world, frame rate wise i mean, but you have total control over that aspect)<br />i also like how the flight briefing can be found in the Fsx knee board,with every thing you need for your flight... this means that no juggling  between programs is required..which is fantastic especially if you like running FSX in full screen..Its all what you need for a preflight...lovely concept indeed... will be buying a license soon..EDIT: it seems that fuel calculations are off ,a 525 nm flight from EGFF to LFBP in a 757-200 (CS) required 68000 LBs (as per the programs calculations) wich is 90% of the full fuel load of the 757 ,<br />of course  these calculations are highly incorrect..they exceed the calculations of the aircrafts FMC by 48000 (only 20000 LBs is needed for that trip, accounting for 10,000 LBs of reserve) so maybe fuel calculation is not one of its shining points...EDIT2: i was reading the generated flight briefing report and these lines came to my attention :"Fuel Calculation: Disabled; registered copy only395 KTAS = Approximately 245 KIAS @ 29000 ft"so it seem that the calculatins are actually disabled,thats why they felt so inaccurate :D

Hi Like others i tried out the programe last night and liked what i seen but not being a fan of FSX atc can the plans be exported into radar contact so that can be used instead. Cheers shaun