Sign in to follow this  
newtie

ATC response question

Hi-Every time I respond to ATC, I have to close and open the atc dialog window. Is there a way around this?Thanks,Mark

Hi-Every time I respond to ATC, I have to close and open the atc dialog window. Is there a way around this?Thanks,Mark
On your Settings/ATC dialogue see if you have "auto open ATC window" checked or not.

On your Settings/ATC dialogue see if you have "auto open ATC window" checked or not.
Yes. The window opens fine, but in order to respond, I need to close the window and reopen it, then I can press the appropriate number.

Yes. The window opens fine, but in order to respond, I need to close the window and reopen it, then I can press the appropriate number.
Sounds like your ATC window is losing the focus, have you tried just clicking on the ATC window frame with your mouse and then pressing or clicking your needed number?

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Sounds like your ATC window is losing the focus, have you tried just clicking on the ATC window frame with your mouse and then pressing or clicking your needed number?
yellowjack has the answer:) I have the same problem sometimes. You just mouseclick on the edge of the ATC window and then click a number for response.I'd like to be able to answer ATC using my Yoke buttons without having to click the keyboard numbers every time!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Hi,If you have a registered version of FSUIPC you can do this.

yellowjack has the answer:) I have the same problem sometimes. You just mouseclick on the edge of the ATC window and then click a number for response.I'd like to be able to answer ATC using my Yoke buttons without having to click the keyboard numbers every time!
That was it, thanks.
I'm going to look into this. There's a lot of functionality built into this program that I'm simply not aware of :(

That was it, thanks.I'm going to look into this. There's a lot of functionality built into this program that I'm simply not aware of :(
I use my stick buttons to open the ATC window & select the correct ACT response but I have my stick (Hotas Cougar) configured to send the keyboard strokes to FSX and the ATC window always has the focus when I first open it. If the ATC box loses the focus and this can happen if one clicks on another window or another hot spot either directly or indirectly through a button press for example, I just close and re-open the ATC window with my stick buttons.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

So I could map my keyboard number keys to my yoke to enable me to answer ATC?I have a registered copy of FSUIPC. I better browse the pdf to see how to do it as I have plenty of spare keys on my Saitek yoke.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

If you Google Sim Samurai you'll find a good tutorial on FSUIPC, it's endorsed by Mr. Dowson. Bjorn