Sign in to follow this  
Guest wpz

Fuel Tank / eng

Guest wpz

Hello Allon Longe Range I get aftzer about 60 % of the track done the EICAS Message" Fuel Tank / Eng " in yellow. 'I tried to figured out what it exactly means and how to accept and delete this message without success so far. 'nyone knows how ? Thanks WPZ

You should really read the manuals. I'm still baffled as to why people shell out the money on PMDG products (well worth it, in my opinion, don't get me wrong) which is a company that prides itself on realism, so you'd expect the end user to want to simulate to that same realism, which would include knowing how to properly fly the aircraft through self-study of the manual.Rant aside:FUEL TANK/ENG means the fuel is within the acceptable limits of being balanced across the four wing tanks. At the start of the flight, often the inboard wing tanks have much more fuel in them than the outboards. As you fly, the OVERRIDE pumps are pulling fuel out of the inboard tanks alone to fuel all four engines. When the tanks contain approximately the same amount of fuel, the EICAS signals the message for you to turn off the OVERRIDE pumps and the outer crossfeeds to set the fuel config up for a TANK to ENGINE configuration.As far as the Engine Indicating and Crew Alerting System (note the alerting system), or EICAS, is concerned, you should pay attention to it and research it. Seeing that most of the time you see TANK/ENG is at cruise, you have the time.

Kyle Rodgers

Guest wpz

thanks Scandinavian 13 I did read the manual and I was actually searching for the answer. I found it and I know what it means now, but I did not find any info of how to accept and delete the message. As you advised I did switch of OVERRIDE and X way pumps and got the messages that the pumps are off. SO I switched them on again and all messages disappeared.Is that the correct way to do ? I did find nothing alike in the manual so far but I keep searching. Thanks againWPZ

The message is automatically erased upon executing the correct procedure. It is listed on page 11-47 of the AOM. Turn off the OVERRIDE, and turn off the outer wing crossfeed pumps. For reference, if you look at the secondary EICAS Fuel page, it should look like the picture on page 7-30.If it still displays, chances are one of the inboards is still higher than one of the outboards (likely, as the stab tanks only feed the left wing inboard tank, if I remember correctly), so leave the OVERRIDE on slightly longer, and turn it off again when the inboard is lower than the outboard.

Kyle Rodgers

The easier way to describe this as is in the manual is that its a direct tank-to-engine arrangement. After all the body tanks are drained all four wing tanks start draining. When they get to be the same, you reconfigure the pumps as indicated, then each tank essentially engine to push. (Although, you can leave the cross pump between 2 and 3 open.) If you miss the switch point then the only real way to make it go away is to slow flow from the inboard tanks (by killing some pumps) until the outboard tanks are the at or below the inboard tanks and then set up the direct tank to engine flow. Otherwise, you have to suffer through the warning. Note that this warning won't come up if load less than a certain amount of fuel. (I think its like 120 or 125 pounds, but I don't have the manual in front of me.

You should really read the manuals. I'm still baffled as to why people shell out the money on PMDG products (well worth it, in my opinion, don't get me wrong) which is a company that prides itself on realism, so you'd expect the end user to want to simulate to that same realism, which would include knowing how to properly fly the aircraft through self-study of the manual.Rant aside:FUEL TANK/ENG means the fuel is within the acceptable limits of being balanced across the four wing tanks. At the start of the flight, often the inboard wing tanks have much more fuel in them than the outboards. As you fly, the OVERRIDE pumps are pulling fuel out of the inboard tanks alone to fuel all four engines. When the tanks contain approximately the same amount of fuel, the EICAS signals the message for you to turn off the OVERRIDE pumps and the outer crossfeeds to set the fuel config up for a TANK to ENGINE configuration.As far as the Engine Indicating and Crew Alerting System (note the alerting system), or EICAS, is concerned, you should pay attention to it and research it. Seeing that most of the time you see TANK/ENG is at cruise, you have the time.
I don't know why you have to talk DOWN to other people like you do in so many threads! it does no good and makes peiople not respect what you say. Just give the info and and that is it!!!

While I understand your concern, I am at least still answering the question. In the end, despite my small jabs from time to time about how people should really use their resources effectively, I will still provide the answer in the end, because the point of the forum is to come together to share information and opinions. It is my opinion that the manuals are very well written and contain most all of the information one would need to answer their own question. To me - again, opinion - the forum is primarily here for clarification or help that may not be available in the manuals. You are completely entitled to your opinion that I am brash, arrogant and off-putting - and I would completely agree with you (seriously, ask anyone who knows me personally, and they'll say that I will publicly admit that).Nobody ever wins, however, when people don't attempt to help themselves. Again, despite that, I do not consider myself above providing the answer, thus my inclusion of both a reminder that manuals do exist and an answer.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi.Try this:When CTR (center/stab) empty:- Center / stab fuel pump OFF When inner wing tanks have reached same fuelload as outer wing tanks:- X-Feed OFF- OVRD pump 2 and 3 sw OFFIf fuel imbalanceoccurs: Open X-Feed valves continue running only pumps of the tanks that havemore fuel. I used to posted the same question and was given this advise, also it matches with the manual. Message from EICAS wont go away, you have to clear it. But make sure wing tanks have reached same fuel load as outer wing tanks or lower, otherwise you will get same message + Config Error message at the same time. Take care.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”