•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the skies FMS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Remco

Remco

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 8 Months and 9 Days Ago.

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

Hi Everybody,Yesterday I installed FS2004 on my computer and afterwards the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the skies expansion. I was surprised how easy it was! The only problem I am now having is that there are no SIDs/STARs loaded in the FMS database. So it is not possible to fly a SID or STAR, I can only fly along self inserted points. The FMS knows these points, so I think the FMS must also contain SIDs and STARs?I signed up today on this site. I have been looking in many parts of the forum for the past few days, but I can not find an answer to my question. I would really appreciate some help!! :-)Kind regards,Remco

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 ohsirus

ohsirus

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,425 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 11 Months and 8 Days Ago.

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

I beleive during the install portion you should choose custom installation and check sid/star option.Also there are are alot more in the AVSIM file library..older cycles though.

#3 Gavin

Gavin

Member - 2,000+

• Donor
  • 2,792 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 6 Months and 9 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

Hi Everybody,Yesterday I installed FS2004 on my computer and afterwards the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the skies expansion. I was surprised how easy it was! The only problem I am now having is that there are no SIDs/STARs loaded in the FMS database. So it is not possible to fly a SID or STAR, I can only fly along self inserted points. The FMS knows these points, so I think the FMS must also contain SIDs and STARs?I signed up today on this site. I have been looking in many parts of the forum for the past few days, but I can not find an answer to my question. I would really appreciate some help!! :-)Kind regards,Remco

There's a PMDG support forum here at AVSIM where you can get help from the developers and some very knowledgeable people. Just scroll down a bit further from this FS9 section.
Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

#4 Remco

Remco

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 8 Months and 9 Days Ago.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:12 AM

Thanks for your advice! I will see how far I'll get with that information.It must be possible to insert SIDs/ STARs and approaches of specific airports, but the BIG question is how? I am trying to find out how I can insert SID/STAR/APPR data of EHAM into my PMDG 747 400 FMS. Inserting LAT/LONG coordinates is maybe an alternative? But also for this option I still have to find out how it works... Any advice is welcome, I will write it down if I am succesfull. I suppose this forum is to help each other isn't it? :-)

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!