Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Hello,  Just a point of interest. although I dont know if relevant, I was browsing the Nvidia control panel. View Games ratings and saw that  Prepar3D was rated Good, X-Plane not quoted and FSX quoted Excellent.  I think I will stick to FSX.

Q1) Ryan have you considered updating this thread as newer Nvidia drivers have more options including for LOD Bias?

Q2) According to the Nvidia Inspector Guide (scroll to "Texture Filtering Header" section) re Negative LOD Bias, apparently this feature is not supported anymore and should be left to "Allow". Does this apply to FSX, FS9 and other flightsims  like XP10 and Flightgear?

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

Thanks Ryan!!

This really made a difference on my very high end machine that I am still trying to figure out! :-)

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

i am in the position where i have to reinstall from scratch... :(

should i stick with the old 2xx drivers and go with this guide or can i also use the inspector with a current driver?

thanks!

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

well it seems that you can not even download the 2xx drivers on the nvidia website anymore.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

well it seems that you can not even download the 2xx drivers on the nvidia website anymore.

I am using NVIDIA Driver 353.06 with the Inspector and I set it all up to agree with 2. Advance Use of this post - http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html. I did have to add affinity mask of 14 to FSX.cfg to stop pauses in ASN. Aside from that, all settings are as outlined in the link, Video card is GTX780 ti

thanks guys. i will stick with the new driver then.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Hello guys, just to get out of my ignorance I would like to ask you three questions:

1. I have a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1, and I noticed that on Gigabyte's driver download page latest version available is 344.11 (released in September 2014). However, on Nvidia's website latest version is 353.30. I usually download drivers from the manufacturer, however those are evidently pretty outdated. Will I experience any incompatibility or issue if I continue downloading drivers directly from Nvidia's website? What's the difference between these and the manufacturer's? (Oops, that was two questions in one  :P)

2. This may sound silly but... When I apply Nvidia Inspector settings for FSX, does the program need to be open by the time I open FSX or just clicking "Apply" saves them permanently?

3. Yesterday I was trying to apply settings on Nvidia Inspector to match Michael's suggested post. However, when I do some changes and click "Apply" for some reason all values are automatically reverted to what they were in the beginning. Does anyone know why that could be happening and how to get rid of it? I am using Nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.3.

Thank you very much in advance!

Regarding Django's post #586, I'd like to know about this too.

Regarding Django's post #586, I'd like to know about this too.

Are you writing about the post I made in this thread or another post by someone called Django in another thread? Could you furnish a link to the post by Django?

Are these NVidia settings still recommended for the PMDG products using Prepar3d V 3.2? Are they used to get the screenshots seen in Facebook and on the forum? The aircrafts look stunning.

Thank you!

No they are slightly different. Most people just set Power to Max performance, texture to high quality and transparency AA to 2 4 or 8x SGSS. I ran with 2xSGSS, but after getting 3.2 update I set NVI to default, kept just the max power and high quality on textures and thats it. Rest I left up to P3D 8X MSAA 4096 textures and 16X AF,

Hello,

I've been using the settings from this post without any issue but yesterday something went wrong (and I haven't been able to fix it).

It looks like FSX is no longer using the settings from nVidia Inspector, I noticed that straightaway because the anti-aliasing was disabled.

I'm currently using driver version 364.72 and Inspector version 1.9.7.6

Is there anyone else who has the same issue?

Kind regards,

Tomas

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.