Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

LOD Radius

Hi, I´ve just cahnged the LOD_RADIUS value from it´s default 4.5000000 to an actual value of 7.5000000 as someone proposed. Now I have microshutters and a very jumping FPS from the mid 30ies to the low 20ies. I´m not knowing wheather I have to set the values to its default or can I choose every other value like 6.500000? Maybe someone can enlight me?

Hi, I´ve just cahnged the LOD_RADIUS value from it´s default 4.5000000 to an actual value of 7.5000000 as someone proposed. Now I have microshutters and a very jumping FPS from the mid 30ies to the low 20ies. I´m not knowing wheather I have to set the values to its default or can I choose every other value like 6.500000? Maybe someone can enlight me?
You can choose whatever you like. ANY number. It can be 6, or 7, or 7.5, or 7.6, or 30... more you choose, more memory it will require and also your FPS will be dropping rapidly. You chould make a comparison. Unlock your FPS, set to 4.5, load your situation, somewhere static, make a FPS note. Then set to 6.5, do same etc...

You can choose whatever you like. ANY number. It can be 6, or 7, or 7.5, or 7.6, or 30... more you choose, more memory it will require and also your FPS will be dropping rapidly. You chould make a comparison. Unlock your FPS, set to 4.5, load your situation, somewhere static, make a FPS note. Then set to 6.5, do same etc...
Note that any time you make a change to your settings via the FSX "Custom" menu system, FSX will reset the LOD back tothe default 4.5 value. You then need to go back into your FSX.CFG file and reset the LOD to whatever you have decidedto use. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Note that any time you make a change to your settings via the FSX "Custom" menu system, FSX will reset the LOD back tothe default 4.5 value. You then need to go back into your FSX.CFG file and reset the LOD to whatever you have decidedto use. Paul
Or, save and load the settings in flight:Alt, Options, Settings, Save / LoadYou can save: 4.5 - 5.5 - 6.5 - 7.5and try them out while flying..5.5 is actually pretty darn good and to my eyes there is little to be gained by going higher.

Bert