Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

RJ100 / BaE146 don't land at EGLC

I've assigned BaE146 and RJ100 Ai aircraft to flights in and out of London City Airport (EGLC). Whilst the aircraft depart okay they're not landing and just perform a missed approach.For those that don't know this airport has a glideslope much steeper than normal for environment reasons so inbounds descend quite rapidly. Watching the 146's approach they only attempt to land half-way along the runway which doesn't leave them enough space to stop so they just go around.The modified AFCAD is supplied by Ultimate Traffic so I would expect the ILS etc. to be correct. From my limited experience with AFCADs the ILS looks to be in the correct position but with Ai landing so far along the runway I wonder if that is the reason for the G/As.There are enough parking positions and similar sized prop aircraft land okay. I'm stumped so any help would be appreciated.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This is normally due to high terrain on the approach path, but I don't think that is the problem here?The altered ILS approach (if included) may put the IAP (FAP?) so close to the airport that normal AI aircraft cannot land. Try it again with only the default "AFCAD" loaded.Hope this helps,

Thanks for your reply Tom. Yes, you're correct that high terrain is not an issue for EGLC. All the land east of the airport is no higher than a hundred feet or so.I will revert to the default AFCAD and see what difference that makes to the BaE146 / RJ100. Those are the ones that aren't landing. I'll also check what happens in FSX and if things are okay there I'll comapre the two AFCADs.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather