Sign in to follow this  
SteveW

.rte file format

Hi,Is there a description or document explaining precisely the pupose of each entry in the PMDG .rte file?Regards;Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

There isn't currently, but I'm gonna try to rectify that as soon as someone involved has time to explain it to me. I'll write a knowledgebase document explaining it. I understand parts of it right now just from context/inference, but not all of it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yes, me too. I think the rest will become self evident once I start mucking around with it, but don't want to set off down that road if it's been done.In the meantime I suppose I will start finding out myself once I get a chance...Regards;Steve

This reminds me: I've had a brief email exchange with FSWidgets about making their neat iGMap moving map app for iPhone recognise PMDG .rte files specifically - so we can go to make a coffee and still know where we are on the flight plan! There doesn't seem to be a workaround in the meantime. There is a conversion utility that gets you from FSX .pln to .rte, but not the other around. Pity. Anything the community could do to make FSWidgets feel it's a good business decision to invest in PMDG.rte compatibility ?www.fswidgets.comBest wishes,David

Hi David,Where can the .PLN to .RTE conversion utility be found?Regards;Steve

Hey, thank you David.So .RTE not used on FSX?Best regards; Steve.

Hey, thank you David.So .RTE not used on FSX?Best regards; Steve.
Oh yes, PMDG.rte works fine with FSX. But I am totally ignorant about PLN because I only ever create flight plans in .rte via the excellent JS41 from PMDG. Only one tip is that you may need to start FSX as Administrator in order to save PMDG.rte plans via JS41 FMC. My experience anyways, which detracts absolutely nothing from the experience ...Best wishes,David

Thanks David, I will have a proper look when I get some time. Regards; Steve.