Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Nvidia GTX 560 Ti has arrived

519asus_gtx560.jpgFrom: --Legit Reviews-- ASUS Launches GeForce GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Graphics Cards with Dual Fan ASUS has launched an entire range of DirectCU II-enhanced graphics cards that include the latest technologies from both AMD and NVIDIA GPU rosters. On the AMD side, ASUS offers the HD 6970 and HD 6950 graphics cards with DirectCU II while for NVIDIA, the GTX 580, GTX 570 and new GTX 560 Ti all ship with the advanced cooling technology. The newly-arrived GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II graphics card from ASUS uses specially-selected TOP GPUs clocked at 900MHz by default, representing a huge 80MHz overclock over reference. We have one of these cards on the test bench right now, so expect a full review soon!"774gtx560ti_videocard.jpgFrom --Legit Reviews--It looks like it's a real fight now between Nvidia and AMD for the middle ground. That makes all of us winners.Kind regards,

I've been waiting for this card to be released for a Sandy Bridge 2600K build. There are detailed reviews on Tomshardware and Anandtech. Comparisons should be out soon. I'm wondering if I should get the 560 or pick up a 460 at a good price. Decisions...decisions.

I've been waiting for this card to be released for a Sandy Bridge 2600K build. There are detailed reviews on Tomshardware and Anandtech. Comparisons should be out soon. I'm wondering if I should get the 560 or pick up a 460 at a good price. Decisions...decisions.
Apparently the new Sandy Bridges can feed a video card even more than the i7 930 did when I ran the test with the 580 GTX. I think even the 560 GTX might not be enough card for the i7 2600K.Kind regards,

I'm having a though time choosing between this new 560 or the 570. I have an i7 950 @ 4,2 Ghz and run 1920x1200. I'm having doubt about the lower memorybus of the 560; I'm afraid this will have a negative impact on FSAA.Can anyone comment on my thoughts?

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

Is the GTX 560 better/faster as the GTX 460? I don´t get clever out of this numbers nVidia is presenting.

The gtx 560 ti performance wise is a gtx 470 replacement according to the major review sites. This fits with the upgrade of their product line performance in regards to numbering, for the 580 is now their flagship, the 570 replaces the 480 and now the 560 replaces the 470. I've decided to get a 560 for my system below; I'll run a few informal before/after tests and post results here in a week or two. I mentioned this too in my 'yet another upgrade' thread.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Is the GTX 560 better/faster as the GTX 460? I don´t get clever out of this numbers nVidia is presenting.
The two key numbers for FSX are Texture Fill Rate and Memory bandwidth560: 52.5 - 128460: 38 - 115

Bert

I have two queries, if I upgrade to the GTX560Ti from my 9800GTX+ will I see significant benefit in performance and specifically antaliaising of clouds etc.?Also will I have enough space to fit this card considering the 9800GTX+ is already a tight fight?ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I'm waiting to see data about 560 performance in FSX myself. Different manufacturers use different size circuit boards and socket configurations on their 560s. The EVGA 560 is 9 inches long, with the power sockets on the end of the card. Other manufacturers have the sockets on the top edge, which would make installation easier in tight cases. Check reviews and manufacturer web sites. You should be able to get the info you need.

Guest stranex
The two key numbers for FSX are Texture Fill Rate and Memory bandwidth560: 52.5 - 128460: 38 - 115
Can anyone explain exactly what these two figures represent in terms of the effect they have? Is one more important than the other for FSX?For example, putting everything else aside, what would be the better for FSX;GTX560 52.5 128GTX570 43.9 152GTX580 49.4 192The 560 has a much higher Texture Fill Rate but a much lower Memory bandwidth......how does this present itself in real world terms?

I got my gtx 560, a MSI twin frozr II. What is my FSX experience with this card in my system (see below)? I only need one word: Headroom. My opinion with my somewhat modest monitor is that now I'm only CPU limited. I did a flight from Palo Alto CA to Reno Nevada via Sacramento in the Acceleration P51 that was buttery bliss the entire way pegged at my limited 33 fps, as well as several other GA flights in major metropolitan areas that were also as satisfying. My settings are 100% density/autogen, 90 mi/max clouds, 35% air and no car traffic, with NickN's suggested nvidia settings, along with the UsePools=0 tweak and a couple of the other well respected tweaks. No problems with any artifacts using these tweaks; for FTX PNW big cities I have to notch down autogen but only to maintain smoothness. A few years ago I swore I'd never pay more that $200 for a graphics card; what a chump I was...this thing makes my gtx 275 ($200 card) look really sad in comparison. Rise of Flight also shows major improvements in smoothness and with bumped up IQ settings. (Waiting patiently for the new IL-2 Cliffs of Dover to arrive.) Thanks for reading.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I got my gtx 560, a MSI twin frozr II. What is my FSX experience with this card in my system (see below)? I only need one word: Headroom. My opinion with my somewhat modest monitor is that now I'm only CPU limited. I did a flight from Palo Alto CA to Reno Nevada via Sacramento in the Acceleration P51 that was buttery bliss the entire way pegged at my limited 33 fps, as well as several other GA flights in major metropolitan areas that were also as satisfying. My settings are 100% density/autogen, 90 mi/max clouds, 35% air and no car traffic, with NickN's suggested nvidia settings, along with the UsePools=0 tweak and a couple of the other well respected tweaks. No problems with any artifacts using these tweaks; for FTX PNW big cities I have to notch down autogen but only to maintain smoothness. A few years ago I swore I'd never pay more that $200 for a graphics card; what a chump I was...this thing makes my gtx 275 ($200 card) look really sad in comparison. Rise of Flight also shows major improvements in smoothness and with bumped up IQ settings. (Waiting patiently for the new IL-2 Cliffs of Dover to arrive.) Thanks for reading.
That are really good news. Yeah, I´m going out to get it.

Can anyone explain exactly what these two figures represent in terms of the effect they have? Is one more important than the other for FSX?For example, putting everything else aside, what would be the better for FSX;GTX560 52.5 128GTX570 43.9 152GTX580 49.4 192The 560 has a much higher Texture Fill Rate but a much lower Memory bandwidth......how does this present itself in real world terms?
how can the fill rate on the 560 be higher than the 480 ?if it was my money, and had a PSU that can cope - I'd go for an EOL GTX470

I´m considering getting a ASUS´ 1GB variant. I´m pondering if the onboard memory is sufficient running even the most demanding sceneries with maximum scenery complexity, if the CPU is up to snuff? One example might be ORBX´s Canberra (YSCB), which seems to be very demanding according to reports on FTX´s forum.

It is really good hear your experience. I should have my 560 OC on Tuesday to replace a Radian 5770. I am really looking forward to the improvement.

Danny