Sign in to follow this  
audiohavoc

Carenado Archer and Just Flight Warrior VC merge

I purchased the Carenado Piper Archer to help me with my PPL training, but the Archer's performance does not match the Warrior due to engine power differences. I have also purchased the Just Flight Piper Warrior which flies much closer to the performance of the actual Piper Warrior I am training in. The VC of the Carenado is much nicer than that of the Just Flight so I would like to merge the VC of the Carenado Archer with the Just Flight Warrior. This will be my first merge, and my initial question is whether the Just Flight Warrior is FSX native. According to the Just Flight website, the Warrior is "fully updated" to the latest FSX/SP2 and DX10 specs, as well as being Acceleration compatible, but I am not sure if this means it is FSX native. From my research, I believe that both aircraft have to be FSX native to perform a merge because FS9 ported aircraft panels are part of the exterior model. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased the Carenado Piper Archer to help me with my PPL training, but the Archer's performance does not match the Warrior due to engine power differences. I have also purchased the Just Flight Piper Warrior which flies much closer to the performance of the actual Piper Warrior I am training in. The VC of the Carenado is much nicer than that of the Just Flight so I would like to merge the VC of the Carenado Archer with the Just Flight Warrior. This will be my first merge, and my initial question is whether the Just Flight Warrior is FSX native. According to the Just Flight website, the Warrior is "fully updated" to the latest FSX/SP2 and DX10 specs, as well as being Acceleration compatible, but I am not sure if this means it is FSX native. From my research, I believe that both aircraft have to be FSX native to perform a merge because FS9 ported aircraft panels are part of the exterior model. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
I do not own these two planes, but I would think that if you keep the Carenado model and merge it withthe Just Flight aircraft.cfg and .air files, you should have an airplane that looks like the CarenadoArcher and flies like the Just Flight Warrior.

Bert

I do not own these two planes, but I would think that if you keep the Carenado model and merge it withthe Just Flight aircraft.cfg and .air files, you should have an airplane that looks like the CarenadoArcher and flies like the Just Flight Warrior.
That is probably the most simple approach. Alternatively, I have the POH for the Warrior which outlines the engine specs. I could alter the Archer's engine specs (bore and stroke) and make sure the compression ratio is 8.5:1 like the warrior. Thanks for the reply.

Assuming the JustFlight Warrior is FSX native (and I almost positive it is), you are going to have to swap interior.MDL files, and also move some of the Carenado interior textures (cowling, too, probably) over to the Warrior, along with the Carenado panel files.John

That was easybiggrin.gif I opened up the Carenado and Just Flight aircraft.cfg files side by side and edited the Carenado's engine specs/performance values to match the Just Flight Warrior values. I did a traffic pattern and landing with the Carenado after the mods (with actual fuel/payload close to real world #'s), and the power settings/speeds and climb rate now are pretty much identical with the real Warrior's settings and performance. I preferred the flight model of the Carenado over the Just Flight, so I am fine with that as is. The Just Flight ballooned way too much when adding flaps. Thanks for the replies.

That was easybiggrin.gif I opened up the Carenado and Just Flight aircraft.cfg files side by side and edited the Carenado's engine specs/performance values to match the Just Flight Warrior values. I did a traffic pattern and landing with the Carenado after the mods (with actual fuel/payload close to real world #'s), and the power settings/speeds and climb rate now are pretty much identical with the real Warrior's settings and performance. I preferred the flight model of the Carenado over the Just Flight, so I am fine with that as is. The Just Flight ballooned way too much when adding flaps. Thanks for the replies.
I'm quite surprised you prefer the Carenado flight dynamics over the Just Flight model. I find the JF version much more realistic (and I instruct now in "real-world" Warriors and love the JF version - pity about the panel though!). Are you using a joystick or a yoke in FSX?

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I'm quite surprised you prefer the Carenado flight dynamics over the Just Flight model. I find the JF version much more realistic (and I instruct now in "real-world" Warriors and love the JF version - pity about the panel though!). Are you using a joystick or a yoke in FSX?
After further review and comparisons, I do like the JF flight model. I am using a the Saitek yoke, rudder pedals, and two of their throttle quadrants. I also have a TrackIR hat clip.

After further review and comparisons, I do like the JF flight model.
That's a relief :( I'm going to try and combine the Carenado with the JF flight dynamics. Will that work do you think? The other way around appears to have worked for you?I have Saitek Yoke+Throttle Quadrant/CH Rudder/Trackir5 as well.ThanksAdam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg