Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

First of all: nice job guys! I've been watching this forum for a while now, and I haven't seen anything about the Flap Load Relief. I was wondering if in the 900ER-model the Load Relief is different from the 600-800? I mean, in the 900ER the Load Relief works up to flaps 5, and in the 600-800 it will only go up to flaps 25 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Guys - please no more of this nitpicking the model stuff. I wasn't kidding when I said we made it off the actual engineering stuff they use to build the airplane. (In fact it's part of our agreement with them that we HAVE to use those figures and stuff) I'm not going to allow anything further like this, sorry.
Yes sir!

First of all: nice job guys! I've been watching this forum for a while now, and I haven't seen anything about the Flap Load Relief. I was wondering if in the 900ER-model the Load Relief is different from the 600-800? I mean, in the 900ER the Load Relief works up to flaps 5, and in the 600-800 it will only go up to flaps 25 (correct me if I'm wrong).
Peter-Each of the airplanes has its unique relief features included for both the flaps and the spoilers as appropriate.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Did anyone catch this...Quoted from Facebook."The PMDG 737NGX climbing out of KRNT on its first flight after manufacture - headed to KPAE and then on to KBFI for flight testing and delivery preparations."Sounds like to me they are headed for beta and release.Been waiting and checking the site nearly everyday since 2006.
Please don't read more into that - that is what happens to the real aircraft when they're built. It does not mean we're about to release. I've said over and over we'll inform you of the testing milestones when we reach them.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the update, looking very good! So excited.

Each of the airplanes has its unique relief features included for both the flaps and the spoilers as appropriate.
What are "relief" features? Is that when you exceed a certain speed and the flaps/spoilers retract automatically?

What are "relief" features? Is that when you exceed a certain speed and the flaps/spoilers retract automatically?
Correct, for example: when you have flaps 40 set, and your speed increases above 171 knots (170 is the maximum IAS for F40), the Flap Load Relief will retract the flaps to F30. The Flap Lever will stay at F40, so when the speed decreases again below 166 knots, F40 will automatically be set again (FCOM 2 9.20.18)

I hope this better explains what I was trying to say, you can call me a 737 geek for even bothering but for some reason if flap flairings are not right, I always notice them :(
Ryan-What you are noticing is a result of the fact that we don't bevel the edge of the fairing as much as we could because it eats a massive number of polygons...Jason isn't around tonight (I think his wife took him hostage) but I am sure he'll look at it. I wouldn't anticipate a change however, as the specs currently match the engineering, which matches the construction and rigging guides, etc etc... We trust our documents more than we trust some guy with photoshop and an airliners.net addiction...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Sounds like to me they are headed for beta and release.
There is no need to anticipate anything, it will only make the wait feel even longer - just wait for the words 'We're in BETA', then we can start the anticipation ;)

You guys mentioned the missing satellite antenna options in your screenshots.Are we talking Westjet/Jetblue style Live TV antenna? Or SWA style Wi-Fi?800px-westjet_737-700_at_yul.jpeg
I think as Seen in one of the Previews on FB... It may be a SWA like one... Just a large non-aerodynamic bump.

Correct, for example: when you have flaps 40 set, and your speed increases above 171 knots (170 is the maximum IAS for F40), the Flap Load Relief will retract the flaps to F30. The Flap Lever will stay at F40, so when the speed decreases again below 166 knots, F40 will automatically be set again (FCOM 2 9.20.18)
I didn't realize the 737 had that. Thanks for the information, Peter.

great! thank you - i am sure you already seen the flying 101 livery - maybe its possible to do something pmdg style, like seeing through the gear doors and all the little details you want us to show. michael knittl
Maybe a maintenance mode or something? Being able to open service panels and such? I don't know.. just a thought.- Mat Young

Hmmm, if only there were a way to coordinate a pool on the release date. Winner gets the NGX and AoA training paid for by all the losers...Sounded like a good idea anyway! I'm anxious to get my hands on this thing, but as far as you guys have gone already I don't mind waiting at all. After it's done we'll all be glad PMDG took the extra time to make it as close to perfect as humanly possible.

The SWA wifi dome is quite different - here it is, photographed by yours truly before I boarded this airplane PHX-BWI a few months ago:swaNG-6.jpg

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com