Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Civa INS issue

I originally posted in the Captainsim forums last night, but did not think the traffic is as high as here and really would love a solution to the following issue sooner than later, so here it goes.....I have the great Civa INS installed in the CS 727. Problem is after setting my current position and switching to alignment mode, I watch the performance index numbers drop from the start of 95 to then 65 then they stay stuck there at 65 forever and never get below that so I can go from align mode to nav mode. I even hit the screw to do a fast alignment just to avoid waiting too long and the same darn thing happens. I've been sitting here for 7 hours staight now and can't get past this point! I followed a video tutorial online by blub77 on youtube to the letter just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I also have read all the manuals completely 8 times since yesterday. I did everything by the book. The error code I get is 04-45 which states the position I entered is not correct or within operating limits. I entered what FSX says on the top left corner of the screen!! How could that be wrong??? What could be wrong here?? I have electric always available in my config. and power is not the issue here as all radios and everything work hour after hour after hour just to eliminate that possibility. I am pulling my hair out. Below is a link to this tutorial which is great by the way. Please can someone help me before I just loose it! I am way beyond frustrated now. Thanks in advance.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF0-ZbvjrEwWarm regards, Jeff

If this helps, I wanted to add when this happened last night, I entered N 55.320 / W115.322 or something like that, I can't remember exactly, but the INS changed the coords to W 116.354 or something like that by itself after hitting the insert key no matter how many times I entered what FSX said on the top left which was in fact N55.320 / W 115.322. It left my Northern Coords alone.I don't know why it did that as I did not move the AC in any way or start the engines. If anyone using the CS 727 with the INS please help me out here. I am at a loss. If FSX shows me at coords of 115, why would it change in the INS to 116 by itself. I only tried this at KLAS thus far. Could something be messed up at that airpots coordinates?? I know the Super Bowl is on right now but wanted to post this hopefully getting an answer so I can figure this out. Thanks in advance.Warm regards, Jeff

Hi, Jeff. I saw your post over at the CS forums now. It's in the 727 section while a much more "alive" one can be found here, in the 707 section. As the 707 comes with a default Civa INS option (unlike the 727), this placement seems logical to me. I think that your problem is already covered in that bigger thread and it really looks like you are missing some numbers (often "0") when entering your current position manually. This leads to a stop just before getting the green "nav" light on and also to this experienced change of numbers when pressing "INSERT". There already had been a guy running in the same trouble (wrong format, wrong coordinates), so maybe this page of the thread can help you.Your "N55.320 / W 115.322" should be entered as 55 03 2 and 115 03 2 for example. The FSX coordinates display drops this zero when displaying the minutes (so "03" minutes get "3") while the Civa doesn't process the seconds in full detail (last digit is left out) but needs the "invisible" zero for the minutes value.coordg.jpgSo the CDUs should read these digits then, which lets them align nicely.coord2.th.jpgWelcome to the Civa INS club by the way. :smile:Seems like your coordinates from the example are in the middle of nowhere. Big%20Grin.gif

Thanks CoolP for your reply,That darn zero....I saw a zero mentioned in the manual somewhere, but did not connect what it was until now. I will give that a try for sure. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again :)Warm regards, Jeff

The main reason for non-alignment and the INS sticking at 65 is an input error. Let's take EGLL as an example:-51 28'4N 000 28'8WInput this as: N51284<insert>W0288<insert>Remember that the <insert> light will stay lit until the Lon has been inputDo not press <insert> twice between Lat and Lon this is the most common error.The example quoted above would be N55032<insert>W115032<insert>vololiberista