Sign in to follow this  
Mike777

FMC Navigation Data Problem

I have just found that there is a problem with the PSS FMC for the 777 and 757. It does not read all of the available SIDS or STARS for airports with large numbers of SIDS and STARS. It is not a problem with most airports, only those with very large numbers of SIDS and STARS. Examples are KDFW, KATL and LFPG. It happens using recent Navigraph data files, because the FMCs cannot read all of the data available in the very complete Navigraph files. You probably won't see it if you are using the original data files that came with the 777 or other PSS addons.After posting in the Navigraph forum and contacting Just Flight, the current marketers of PSS aircraft (PSS - Phoenix Simulation -- is defunct as far as I know), it is clear to me that this is NOT a problem with the Navigraph data, but rather a limitation with the PSS Boeing FMCs and to some extent with the A330 MCDU. The A320 seems to be OK. I haven't looked at the A340, but it probably has the problem as it uses the A330's MCDU.I am hoping that someone knows of a fix for this issue. I have found a workaround that I posted in the Navigraph Forum under FMS DATA SUPPORT>MOST of the KDFW SIDS MISSING on PSS 757. It involves editing the SID and STAR files. It is rather cumbersome and has to be repeated each time the Navigraph data for a given airport is updated.I am hoping that there is a fix available that I have missed, or that someone else has come up with a better workaround. The PSS 777 gauge I am using is dated 8/31/06 and has 64,476kb. The 757 gauge is dated 6/29/07 and has 51,544kb. The A330 gauge is dated 2/16/04 and is 33,672kb. System: FS9, SP1, WindowsXP SP3.Thanks in advance,Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.