Sign in to follow this  
Gaiiden

flight sim blogs

Well it appears that blogs never really took off here at AVSIM, which is a shame because I think they can be a valuable resource.On that note, I'm looking for others who blog about their flights. I'd like to start a list, so that other people can see what's out there, start reading and maybe start blogging themselves.When I blog, I don't just say "today I flew from this airport to that airport and it was fun." My goal when blogging is to be both entertaining and informative. I apply a lot of real-world practices to my sim flying and I always explain those practices in my blog posts for those reading who may not know much about them. I also do it in the hope that anyone reading will see me making a mistake in my handling of procedures and correct me with a comment so that I can learn more as well. When done right, this feedback loop can be very beneficial for all involved - readers and author.I know blogging takes time, and that was a major hurdle for me too in the beginning. But I found that by being detailed and making sure I point out mistakes I made during flight, it becomes a great resource for myself to review every now and then so I don't make the same mistakes in the future - not to mention other people reading it and seeing the mistakes they can hopefully prevent as well.So, anyone else out there? Leave a link below and I will update the list. Comments/questions on blogging welcome too. The list below will include your name (real name or nickname) and the title of your blog. Please note that these are not product blogs, but blogs with entries about your actual flying experience.1 - Drew Sikora - Flight Log

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

Been doing it for a few years now...http://altstiffsim.blogspot.com/Fellow avsim memeber Onur also has one, his link is on my page too.

Well shucks, I didn't realize this board had editing disabled after a certain amount of time <_<Guess we'll just have to make do with replies.I've added both your blogs to my RSS feeds in Google Reader. Excellent!

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

I have another guy who blogs linked on my page too. Would love to add yours as well. Let me know if this is ok. I only blog and log about the flights I put effort into, for example if I fire up my sim rig to do some circuits (or patterns as they say in the USA) I do not post. Love seeing other guys flying adventures so I look forward to reading yours (on my BB at work and these old eyes aint what they used to be!).

Yes you can definitely add mine! I will create a new links section of my blog's sidebar to add yours and others who add mine (and more once I get a chance to read some and decide I like them)Actually you forgot to point out an even better link you include on your site - http://www.thirtythousandfeet.com/More specifically http://www.thirtythousandfeet.com/flightsi.htm#blogsNice!! I submitted a link to my blog to them.

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog