Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

RealAir Turbine Duke

The Realair Duke is in a class by itself. PUNTO! FINAL. and Rob is a class act. PUNTO! FINAL!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Folks, I am wondering is there any custom made sound set for the switches to add this fantastic aircraft ? Cheers
If you will to give me a week or so, I will do you a set. been adding sounds to most ad on planes that do not have switch sounds. It is not difficult, just a little time consuming. I already have a few added that I use regularly, but need to do other also as I am not willing to give out incomplete sound sets. It hugely increase immersion factor. The other thing is I just want to run it by Rob/Sean also

If you will to give me a week or so, I will do you a set. been adding sounds to most ad on planes that do not have switch sounds. It is not difficult, just a little time consuming. I already have a few added that I use regularly, but need to do other also as I am not willing to give out incomplete sound sets. It hugely increase immersion factor. The other thing is I just want to run it by Rob/Sean also
Thanks a lot mate, I really appreciate it. By the way, in turbine duke, there is sound for Starter/Gen switch. Even some important switchesh, like battery, lights would use same sound folder, that would be more than enough for me. Regards.

There are two ways to fly virtually and make it seem very close to reality.One is to immerse the physical operator's mind into the simulated world, placing him inside the virtual cockpit graphical interface, sitting on the virtual pilot seat and presenting him with a near perfect electronic representation of the physical reality. By entering this world and by mastering the use of such devices as Track IR the pilot and the simulation become an extension of each other. The fidelity and believability of the pilot's experience is dependant primarily upon human skill and the software interface of the simulation program. Using simple controls the pilot commands the virtual aircraft from within, thereby rendering a physical replicated cockpit redundant.The other way is to connect only part of the simulated world with a physical replicated cockpit, while placing the pilot outside the graphical interface. All else is shared with the virtual reality version except that all instruments and controls are physical and not virtual. The fidelity of the pilot's experience is dependant not only upon the characteristics of the simulation program, but also upon the quality and functionality of the physically replicated cockpit, and the ability of it's complex hardware to interface with the simulation program. The pilot controls the hardware, and the hardware controls the virtual world from without, there rendering a virtual cockpit redundant.What is the difference when all is said and done when each type is developed and implemented to the full extent? I don't know, but I will guess that the virtual version represents a broader and more immersive environment as the entire cockpit changes with the aircraft flown. The virtual pilot will jump into an F16 and scream for the heavens or shepherd a docile 747-400 into an ILS landing. The other pilot, the one outside the simulation program, is stuck in the same cockpit and imaginary airplane he designed it to look and function like in the first place. The first pilot becomes a virtual pilot, flying virtual aircraft in a virtual world. The second becomes a virtual pilot also, but flying a virtual aircraft in his garage.IMHO one is not less valid or realistic than the other, and whichever route is chosen, or combination thereof, it does not classify whether they are first, second or third rate flight simulation pilots. Their skill at operating and handling their virtual aircraft does that.Kind regards,
Well stated. I am in the former group, and would probably never build a cockpit that is designed after a particular aircraft because I don't want to fly one aircraft. I don't love any aircraft that much to spend five figures on replicating the cockpit. Plus, I think it may be possible with 3D and motion sensing technology that perhaps the fixed base cockpits will be what becomes less popular. I think that the virtual cockpit, trackIR, 3D monitors, touch interfaces, and motion sensing hardware show that this is the direction things are going in, and is certainly more accessible, affordable, easier to deploy, and suits a variety of aircraft than constructing fixed-based cockpit replicas.

Thanks a lot mate, I really appreciate it. By the way, in turbine duke, there is sound for Starter/Gen switch. Even some important switchesh, like battery, lights would use same sound folder, that would be more than enough for me. Regards.
Ok I am about 70% doneany testers out there ? PM me your email address and I will get a test package over to you.

Ok I am about 70% doneany testers out there ? PM me your email address and I will get a test package over to you.
Okay, I sent you a PM. I will test it tomorrow hopefully and let you know. Cheers

Count me in! :(

The first pilot becomes a virtual pilot, flying virtual aircraft in a virtual world. The second becomes a virtual pilot also, but flying a virtual aircraft in his garage.
I have found that the addition of a 42" LED HDTV to my gaming rig has helped to bridge the gap between the "inner" and "outer" type of cockpits quite nicely :Love:And for on topic completeness, the Turbine Duke is a gem, and was my most flown GA before I bought the BayTower Van RV-7 Edited by gtrbarbarian

Ok see the red areas. all these switches/button/key presses/levers etc have been done.Other stuff not shown here that is also complete-Sunvisor sounds-Fuel tank selectors-Arm rest movement soundsoutstanding = GPS buttons soundsi will try and finish it off tonight. So sorry I am holding up the process a bit.switchesduke.jpg

Edited by bliksimpie

How's the progress coming along?

Ok see the red areas. all these switches/button/key presses/levers etc have been done.Other stuff not shown here that is also complete-Sunvisor sounds-Fuel tank selectors-Arm rest movement soundsoutstanding = GPS buttons soundsi will try and finish it off tonight. So sorry I am holding up the process a bit.switchesduke.jpg
JB, I tried your mod, thanks for that. However I lost all Real Air orginal sounds, there is even no engine sound..Hmm I installed files carefuly as you instructed, but I must do something wrong..Also, there was no sound for recognition light switch, fuel pump switches, autopilot vertical speed up and down buttons, and auto pilot knob.. Except these, I get almost all switch and button sounds..Now, need to find out where I did wrong so lost orginal sounds...Cheers

UPDATE : Now I've got orginal sounds back. I didn't do anything, just tried again, and they all work..I've no idea what happened on first try...But still haven't got sound for Fuel pump buttons and Recognition Light. By the way, what is yoke sound ? When yoke sound supposed to play ?