Sign in to follow this  
fbass

BILLY RUTHERFORD

I can't believe that Billy is gone. There are very few true "captains" in our community and there will be a huge hole left in FS with his passing. Billy was a prolific FS contributor - repaints and flight plans. He always had time to answer questions and I don't believe I can remember finding any errors in his work.Billy, we will truly miss you and may God hold your soul among the clouds in heaven. Good flying Billy.Frank Bass

This is really sad news , Billy was a massive contributor to the community . Thoughts go to his family and friends rest in peace Billy .Lee Marrow

I'm in shocked when I was read! I'm really really sad about heard that! Since I'm begin to interest Flightsim community I always saw his name i many files, repaints and articles.Still I'm using many files thats made by Billy.I get helps from him many times while I was creating flightplans. We are in a "virtual life" in here on the net, I never meet him, but I believe he was precious person by his personality.My deeply condolences to his family, friends and fellows.We'll never forget you Billy, I'll be pray for you, rest in peace.

Fly high above the clouds Billy and "touch the face of God." Thank you for all you gave usIan

I am very saddened to hear Billy passed away. Too young to die. The flightsim community shall miss him dearly. I have always looked up to his artwork and hope to fill the void he leaves behind. Rest in peace dear Billy and we will keep your aviation art flying high in our hearts and in our flight simulators.Hernan Anibarro

I'm very sad to hear about this. He has made countless contributions and will be missed by everyone in the FS community. Rest in peace Billy Rutherford.

It will suffice to say that I share the sentiments that have already been expressed so well. Rest in peace Billy.Mel

I'll trully miss all the hard work from bill It is a sad very sad news, deeply condolences to his family, I know He will live forever in my flighism and in my mind, good bless you billyMario Gustavo Maya SolanoGuadalajara Jal. Mexico

I'm so sorry to hear of the sad passing of Billy Rutherford. My condolences to his family.I doubt if there's a serious simmer who hasn't benefited from his work.He will be sadly missed.David HanstaterAdmin Group, Ultimate Traffic Forum.

Big Shock have only just found out Billy was the best and made a large contribtuion to the FS Community with the very best work I have every come across I am not sure it will be the same anymore without Billy and his repaints?My thoughts are with his family and close friends at this timeKeep on flying in FS Heaven Billy RKevin McCarthy

One of the darkest weeks the virtual skies has ever encountered since the days of FS98.Billy was the only one to have lead into those Hokkaido International and other repaints that were rarely, if ever be seen on a flyable model.He was also the one who led the most of us into a large AI community. Will deeply miss him.Condolences from Indonesia,Dave.

Guest Martin_CWB

I'm shocking with it. Billy always response my answers about the repaints and FP, and the callsign too. Thnks for all, Billy. CAVOK in heaven.Martin Afonso Farias ( Tin Master )Curitiba-PR Brazil

Wow, so very sorry to hear about this. I'd written to him a few times to offer thanks for his good works (especially the MD80s and An12s that he covered so well, plus the European GA he painted). He was always quick with a reply and open to suggestions for other repaints (I sent him stuff on Air Highnesses a long time ago and the paints cropped up looking superb, as usual). What with other great repainters like Ralf (Maylin) and Dieter (Barthelmeus) stopping mainstream AI work - although still making some paints - the AI scene has taken quite a few hits over the past years.So, Billy, one posthumous thank you. Your work lives on in my sim, because yours are "benchmark" repaints. Respect!