Sign in to follow this  
Eraser74

Switching screens with MD-11 results in graphical errors

Hi!I have one little problem with my MD-11 and that is a very annoying one. Whenever I switch tasks or even just want to save a flight and return to the simulation, I get weird graphical errors like the cockpit dissapearing or parts of the world not showing, the sky being black and finally just a black screen with white flashes.This happens whenever I switch screens, so when I want to load or switch tasks in windows.Is that happening to other folks out here or is it just me?System:Amd Dualcore 64X2 5000+4gb RamATI Radeon HD 4670 512mbWin7 32bitFSX with Acceleration

How is your system behaving with FSX? I had the same CPU in my old system and I´m just curious how good it works.About your problem: Doe you have the newest grafic card drivers?Steffen

Hi!I have one little problem with my MD-11 and that is a very annoying one. Whenever I switch tasks or even just want to save a flight and return to the simulation, I get weird graphical errors like the cockpit dissapearing or parts of the world not showing, the sky being black and finally just a black screen with white flashes.This happens whenever I switch screens, so when I want to load or switch tasks in windows.Is that happening to other folks out here or is it just me?System:Amd Dualcore 64X2 5000+4gb RamATI Radeon HD 4670 512mbWin7 32bitFSX with Acceleration
Hi,you should place a copy of the Vista [!] 32bit "UIAutomationCore.dll" in your main directory of FSX.You can download it here:http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1wPls, also make sure you have added the line:HIGHMEMFIX=1in the [GRAPHICS] section of your fsx.cfgregards

How is your system behaving with FSX? I had the same CPU in my old system and I´m just curious how good it works.About your problem: Doe you have the newest grafic card drivers?Steffen
Well the performance is hit and miss, on Heathrow with Airport Addon installed and REX 2.0 running I get about 13-20 fps with a resolution of 1280*960 without any antialiasing and with moderate to high settings in the graphics section of FSX. That is with a complex machine like the MD-11 and in the VC.In the air it´s something completely different, there I have about 25-40 fps.But I am buying a new PC soon, to have FSX running better...Intel Quadcore presumably.So I can run FSX pretty good, not very good but playable with my PC at this time.

Hi,you should place a copy of the Vista [!] 32bit "UIAutomationCore.dll" in your main directory of FSX.You can download it here:http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1wPls, also make sure you have added the line:HIGHMEMFIX=1in the [GRAPHICS] section of your fsx.cfgregards
Thank you very much, that fixed it! :(