Sign in to follow this  
StickShakerB737

"Don't Think"

Hi, new to this forum and recently new to the PMDG B737-700 running on FS2004. Some times I get an odd message that says out loud "Don't Think" along with a few other more standard messages like "terrain" and "pull up" if I am flying manually and trying to squeak one in a short field or have a bad approach. Has anyone else encountered this? I am curious what it is doing there. Thanks.

Hi, new to this forum and recently new to the PMDG B737-700 running on FS2004. Some times I get an odd message that says out loud "Don't Think" along with a few other more standard messages like "terrain" and "pull up" if I am flying manually and trying to squeak one in a short field or have a bad approach. Has anyone else encountered this? I am curious what it is doing there. Thanks.
Sounds like your aircraft has a lisp. I'm pretty sure it's saying Don't sink Big%20Grin.gif

Welcome to the forum, a couple of other suggestions. First, make sure you take a look at the manuals. The NG is a complex model and requires some homework before you hop in a take a flight. Also there are a few very good tutorials available. They are very helpful in understanding how to use the NG systems during each phase of a flight. :(

Definitely "Don't Sink" part of the GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning System) probably getting the msg some time after take-off, it's warning you that your going the wrong way, should be going up & not down

Sounds like your aircraft has a lisp. I'm pretty sure it's saying Don't sink Big%20Grin.gif
Classic, i just about fell off my chair :(

Is there a rating system for threads?This is 5 out of 5 minimum.

ngxu_banner.png

Captains:"Don't think" is a new TCAS warning system for pilots who take too much time thinking in an event of emergency...........John

Guest dlrk

LOL. I think Mythbusters had this on once.

I had always assumed that the 737's GPWS system, noting that my VSI descent rate was an alarming 2000 feet per minute, and that I'd forgotten to lower the landing gear as I careened down to the runway threshold, had resorted to frantically yelling " Don't Drink !", in a belated effort to avert disaster.Tony

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

Don't make a joke when you comment man... Besides, it's more likely that your aircraft is French and it can't say the word "think" so it says "don't sink". Eg: "I don't sink so monsieur..." Maybe... Big%20Grin.gifBig%20Grin.gif But let's be serious, you're right. It is "Don't sink". Which means you either hold current altitude or climb.