Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

To Realair Simulations

I like to express my thanks to Real Air as well, took the Duke for a ride last night and overstressed the engines unintentionallythe plane lost power and started to stall with black smoke out of the engines. Amazing, thanks.May have been asked already, but could Avsim give Real Air its own forum, I am sure more infocould be exchanged about this wonderful aircraft.Helmut
Thumbs up for dedicated RealAir forum so that we do not have to spam the whole FSX forum biggrin.gif !

Yes, it would be nice to have a dedicated RealAir forum.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you haven't checked the VC with the sun behind you, you must really do that. It reveals subtle texture qualities that are superb.

I bought this airplane the day it came out and haven't flown anything else since. Truly amazing, awesome job Realair. Its nice to see some more turboprops out there, there are so few. I agree they need a dedicated forum.John Bauer

Hmm, No references to PMDGs J41. Thought it was the definitive turboprop.

Thats a great airplane too, one of my other favorites. I just meant there aren't enough turboprops out there in general. :( John

Yeah but it's more of a commercial/cargo plane, the Duke is more like a private bizprop :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

All I know is I bought the B60 awhile ago and I said to myself can't get better then this, now I'm blown away again, this plane is the Gem of FSX. This time I added the reality xp 530, so simple to install, I hope you continue to do this type of integration for all your future releases, I know you guys do your support by email which Im sure is great (never had to use it) But I wish you could open up a forum here at avsim, It would be nice to have a place we could talk to other Duke/Realair customers about procedures, problems, video's, pics etc etc.

Well for one it's a totally different kind of turboprop - we modeled the Garrett geared engines which are not free rotating like the PT6's on the Duke are.I bought the Turbine Duke last night btw (already had the piston one for a long time), very nice work guys.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The J41 is the only turboprop I own, I want to purchase this one, but for the love of god someone upload a youtube video or direct me to a promo video. Planes been out a few days, but I have as yet had a chance to sample the sounds/graphics.

Well for one it's a totally different kind of turboprop - we modeled the Garrett geared engines which are not free rotating like the PT6's on the Duke are.I bought the Turbine Duke last night btw (already had the piston one for a long time), very nice work guys.
You guys did awesome work on the jetstream. Everytime I see the Mesa dash 8s flying into sky harbor, it makes me think of the dash 8 project you guys are doing.John

The J41 is the only turboprop I own, I want to purchase this one, but for the love of god someone upload a youtube video or direct me to a promo video. Planes been out a few days, but I have as yet had a chance to sample the sounds/graphics.
no video will ever be able to reproduce the quality then to experience it firsthand. if you have not actually flown the turbine duke it will always be a case of second hand info and as I said a video cannot really do this plane the proper justice it deserve.. and quite franckly I think people are to busy flying and enjoying the Turbine duke to sit make videos of it. Unless a video is produced by one of the wel respected video producers like jaggyroad, I can assure you a video cannot capture the real essence of this magnificent plane with all her nuances especially the "sound" and believe me youtube videos cannot replicate that sound.So my advise. Buy the duke and experience it first hand, instead of going on what people say and what videos try to replicate. Time for a bit of commonsense if you ask me. Look at the posts ... that tell a story in itself.. no need to read between the lines. It stares you right in the face.
and the fact that Ryan from PMDG says it is good, you can believe it is good. Fantastic to see one of the most respected developers giving credit to another developer and the fact that this come from PMDG speaks volumes..! Now that does not happen often so all I can say to Ryan is "Respect". I am a proud customer of PMDG and Realair..! for live..

We get asked from time to time why we don't have a dedicated forum. We do monitor public forums, and especially this excellent one, and we've been offered space many times to host a forum. However, for over a decade now we have supported our customers with very prompt email replies, and this has worked extremely well. If we had a forum we'd be repeating exactly what we do in our current support, but in a less personal way, and we don't want to be sidetracked from the most important thing: Our customers. We prefer to service our customers individually and personally. That doesn't mean we are against public discussion, as this forum well demonstrates.All I can say is that the vast majority of our customers appreciate the timely responses and also appreciate the bespoke service. Even running a dedicated forum still means we have to provide email support, AND still monitor public forums too. We feel our energies are better directed at the service we currently give, since we are a two man team and we do not have the resources to take on more.I know for some this is not a conventional approach, but we like to go our own way.Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

We get asked from time to time why we don't have a dedicated forum. We do monitor public forums, and especially this excellent one, and we've been offered space many times to host a forum. However, for over a decade now we have supported our customers with very prompt email replies, and this has worked extremely well. If we had a forum we'd be repeating exactly what we do in our current support, but in a less personal way, and we don't want to be sidetracked from the most important thing: Our customers. We prefer to service our customers individually and personally. That doesn't mean we are against public discussion, as this forum well demonstrates.All I can say is that the vast majority of our customers appreciate the timely responses and also appreciate the bespoke service. Even running a dedicated forum still means we have to provide email support, AND still monitor public forums too. We feel our energies are better directed at the service we currently give, since we are a two man team and we do not have the resources to take on more.I know for some this is not a conventional approach, but we like to go our own way.Rob - RealAir
Yeah, Rob. Go your won way and don´t change anything!! :( Seffen