Sign in to follow this  
Carenado

Carenado Baron B58 almost ready. New pictures posted.

Carenado Baron B58 almost ready to fly. It is in the Beta testing process.Here are some pictures3.jpg7.jpg10.jpgYou can check more pictures in our Incoming Project section.Carenado

Brilliant work Carenado! You guys are really outdoing yourselves at every new release. I can't wait for this one!Big%20Grin.gif

Good looking plane you got here folks. Can't wait!Applause.gif

This looks fantastic!!Finally a replacement for the Dreamfleet Baron, which I loved to fly in FS9.Wolfgang

Hi Carenado,PLEASE PLEASE do through beta testing. Especially with the panel functionality. She looks great.BB

I sure hope the Carenado Baron B58 is not rushed out of beta test and the quality with respect to the airfile, panel functionality and (interior and exterior) graphics as the Real Air Beech Duke Turbine, which is outstanding.

I sure hope the Carenado Baron B58 is not rushed out of beta test and the quality with respect to the airfile, panel functionality and (interior and exterior) graphics as the Real Air Beech Duke Turbine, which is outstanding.
It is a Carenado product so there is bound to be a customer testing period as usual. If you don't like it you can buy the product a few weeks after release when they make their first patch.IMHO Carenado's graphics are better and more realistic than RealAir's. Functionality and accuracy... well you can judge that for yourself.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

IMHO Carenado's graphics are better and more realistic than RealAir's. Functionality and accuracy... well you can judge that for yourself.
Really? Have you seen the mirrored floor mats on the C340 II? I believe the B60T has mirrored textures in the cabin too, but they did a much better job of blending them in. The panel now is a different story. In some regards, Carenado does a much better job at blending photoreal textures and rendered art. RealAir panels tend to be a bit "plastic" in their feel, as you have mentioned in the past. They obviously attempted to add dirt and grime to the panel and windows in their latest release, although even then sometimes that dirt really gets in your way if the sun is through the window.Now, let's refer to the PSS 777 and Wilco 777 that followed in FS9. PSS is to RealAir what Wilco is to Carenado. The PSS777 had a plastic feeling panel but it was beautifully shadowed and blended. The Wilco 777 on the other hand was the opposite. It was pretty much a Carenado 206 in textures. It was just ugly IMO. In some regards, in the right airplane, that rendered look does much more for the feel of an aircraft.Just going back over the beta pictures and this is one beautiful airplane. The Baron 58 just looks like such a gentle and respecting little airplane.

It is a Carenado product so there is bound to be a customer testing period as usual. If you don't like it you can buy the product a few weeks after release when they make their first patch.IMHO Carenado's graphics are better and more realistic than RealAir's. Functionality and accuracy... well you can judge that for yourself.
So by default Carenado customers are the real beta testers, as evidenced by the numerous corrective patches on the website. It just seems to me overall quality has decreased and is more of a fast assembly line and have the customers work out all the bugs, similar to Microsoft philosophy. I think Carenado products are solid overall, but typical numerous panel functionality bugs and occasional poor airfile fidelity are a burden for a payware release. The majority of problems appear to be corrected in a service pack weeks after release. The remainder don't get resolved, as the next product and now X-plane products take priority.I agree caranedo graphics look pretty good. However, the new RA Duke turbine offers (on/off- via setup program) options for guage reflections and dust, as well as numberous panel (e.g. guage resolutions) and guage Frames Per Second, etc. This is a hallmark of a much more robust product, detailed and high fidelity product as rarely seen with company's like Level D and PMDG. Yet, I don't think it would be reasonable for Carenado to spend multiple years on systems development and fidelity for single GA aircraft.Overall, I really like the Carendo product quality and innovativeness in GA and am looking forward to purchasing the Beech Baron 58!Just my thoughts.Best Regards,BB

Does anyone know if the panel is going to be similar to the Bonanza panel,with some room for customization - or is it going to be like the C340 panel,where all the main gauges are 3d and cannot be changed..?

Bert