Sign in to follow this  
pao

Xplane ?

Hi,I have just seen the video of the upcoming Xplane 10.... waouh ! It will put FSX 5 years behind... so do you PMDG plan to release the NGX on the Xplane platform any time ?Thank youGreg

too much, too soon....

There are a lot of denialists regarding the future of Xplane vs MS FSX.MS has finished making flight simulators, and that means the technology isn't going anywhere.XPlane are still forging ahead with new versions and improving vastly as they go.I predict that in 5 years, Xplane will be the leader and FS will experience a slow death.AntCape TownSouth Africa

x-plane is very much an individual project by Austin Meyer, and the flight model is very good for research, but maybe less functional for simulations of well documented real-world airplanes. I'm unsure if x-plane is the best choice for our hobby to migrate to. I belive the choice is between MS Flight, Aerosofts own flight simulator or maybe the continued development of FSX/ESP at Lockheed Martin. Their first version can be bought for 400 dollars, and will run most FSX add-ons. It will be interesting to see what LM will do with the platform, it seems like they have some ambitious plans.

I think I might get xplane 10 when it comes out. It just LOOKS like it has been improved a lot. I wouldn't have any complaints if everyone switched to xplane if it was that good. Maybe the dev there would work better with the addon deva. Who knows. If he did listen to the customers and tailored towards us maybe xplane might be the way to go. I am curious to see how it will run on my system.Jackcolwill

Hi,For the first time since the creation of X-Plane, I will finally take a serious look at their (X-Plane 10) next offering, it's finally getting to the point where it can compete with FSX. The only real downfall will be the loss of great aircraft designers like PMDG, I know they don't want to have anything to do with X-Plane because of the constant changes to X-Plane's software and possible compatibility issues that may/will arise.If Microsoft Flight doesn't hit the nail on the head, there is a real possibility that X-Plane will become the new king of Flight Simulation, and believe me I am a die-hard Microsoft simmer, dating back to (1982) the days of Bruce Artwick and Microsoft Flight Simulator for the Tandy 1000 computer.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

But the statement is double false, as the FSX/ESP tech is living strong with Lockheed Martin and will be turned in to a fully professional suite: http://www.prepar3d.com/
I don't know why everyone seems to think that Prepar3d is a viable solution for simmers - they aren't designing it for simmers, it's a professional product designed for aircraft makers, the military etc. They've said numerous times they are not planning to sell it as a sim/game for home users.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I don't know why everyone seems to think that Prepar3d is a viable solution for simmers - they aren't designing it for simmers, it's a professional product designed for aircraft makers, the military etc. They've said numerous times they are not planning to sell it as a sim/game for home users.
The fact remains they're doing amazing things with the sim, to be sure. That the engine can be so expanded on says a lot in the context of this thread...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I don't understand why you think it won't be. The license is quite cheap, cheaper than ESP and well within the reach of enthusiastic simmers. There are no limitations on buying the sim for entertainment use, and due to the professional requirements of the sim, the systems, weather and flight dynamics will probably evolve to a very serious level.The hobbyiest won't be the main customers for Prepar3D, but I'm quite sure it will get a following on the higher-end. We'll see. Unfortunately I expect the marked to be split up on a lot of different platforms. Some go to Prepar3D, some go to Aerosoft, some continue with Microsoft and others choose x-plane. In such a scenario it could be hard for add-on developers. Or maybe it will make it much better, with competition and more products to choose from, the marked could increase?

Yes - that will be an on-line only subscription game. The "free" in that preview refers, I believe, to free flight, i.e. "fly where you like". There is no chance that MS is giving anything away!Iain Smith

Yes - that will be an on-line only subscription game. The "free" in that preview refers, I believe, to free flight, i.e. "fly where you like". There is no chance that MS is giving anything away!Iain Smith
http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/NEWS FROM THE DEVELOPMENT TEAMJanuary 28, 2011 - Play online or offline, the choice is yours."One topic that has been voiced is the concern over online game play. We understand some people are worried that featuring Microsoft Flight on Games for Windows – LIVE will require you to always be connected online to play. Not true. Rest assured that you can play offline if you choose. We hope that you will find the connected experience to be more enjoyable and immersive. But to be clear, the choice will be all yours."

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

This brings the question, how will we separate the people who cause chaos from the professional flyers. Hopefulley there will be multiple "worlds" or servers. I also hope there is an ATC aspect.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator