Sign in to follow this  
udo_gruen

CTD with PMDG Jetstream4100

Hello Simmers,at first - sorry for my english what isn´t my native language.Since a few days i get a CTD when try to setup the PMDG Jetstream4100.Let´s this explain:- run fsx-load default flight, Air Creation at Bremerton (in the air)-then load flight "PMDG BAe JS4100 Tutorial 1 at KHPN"-switch on the ammeter check knob to battery then to Emerg/GPU - all is fine til now-switch left and right batteries to ON and GPU to ON - still everything seems to be o.k.- push the Mute button on CAP Panel - looks o.k.BUT NOW-try to switch the first avionics power switch to ONAND FSX immedeatly freezes for a second and disappeares without any restart or errormessage - CTD.Was on several forums but couldn´t find a solution.FSX otherwise runs stable and with a good performance. No problens at all whether with adone aircraftor sceneries.The System is up to date and it´s not an W7/SP1 issue cause i had this CTD before updating Windows and drivers.Just for fun i´ve tried to switch the avionics to ON before powering up the plane by batteries and GPU and then NOTHING wents wrong.Could somebody help me please?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My FSX:Golden Edition, UTX, GEX, FSGX2010, FTX (nur freeware), MSX Phoenix and Socal, SimplatesX, MyTraffic2010, PMDG ATR 72-500 and Jetstream4100v1.10.1016, Beaver X, F1 C172 and a few more.FSUIPC4., Version 4.60a unreg........................................................................................................My System:MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 CPU Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 55 °C Bloomfield 45nm Technology RAM 3.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (8-8-8-20) Motherboard Intel Corporation DX58SO (J1PR) Graphics E22W-5 (1680x1050@59Hz) L22W-7SD (1680x1050@59Hz) ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc) Hard Drives 245GB Western Digital WDC WD2502ABYS-02B7A0 (RAID) 625GB Volume0 (RAID) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------the eventviewer tells me:Protokollname: ApplicationQuelle: Desktop Window ManagerDatum: 05.03.2011 20:44:22Ereignis-ID: 9010Aufgabenkategorie:KeineEbene: InformationenSchlüsselwörter:KlassischBenutzer: Nicht zutreffendComputer: XXX-PCBeschreibung:Ein Prozess (Flight Simulator X v10.0.61637.0) hat eine Anforderung zum Deaktivieren des Desktopfenster-Managers gestellt.Ereignis-XML:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Desktop Window Manager" /> <EventID Qualifiers="16384">9010</EventID> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-05T19:44:22.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>21707</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>XXX-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>Flight Simulator X v10.0.61637.0</Data> </EventData></Event>andProtokollname: ApplicationQuelle: Desktop Window ManagerDatum: 05.03.2011 20:44:22Ereignis-ID: 9013Aufgabenkategorie:KeineEbene: InformationenSchlüsselwörter:KlassischBenutzer: Nicht zutreffendComputer: XXX-PCBeschreibung:Der Desktopfenster-Manager konnte nicht gestartet werden, da die Zusammenstellung durch eine Anwendung, die momentan ausgeführt wird, deaktiviert wurde.Ereignis-XML:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Desktop Window Manager" /> <EventID Qualifiers="16384">9013</EventID> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-05T19:44:22.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>21708</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>XXX-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> </EventData></Event>-------------------with greetings from GermanyUdo G.

Guest firehawk44
Hello Simmers,at first - sorry for my english what isn´t my native language.Since a few days i get a CTD when try to setup the PMDG Jetstream4100.Let´s this explain:- run fsx-load default flight, Air Creation at Bremerton (in the air)-then load flight "PMDG BAe JS4100 Tutorial 1 at KHPN"-switch on the ammeter check knob to battery then to Emerg/GPU - all is fine til now-switch left and right batteries to ON and GPU to ON - still everything seems to be o.k.- push the Mute button on CAP Panel - looks o.k.BUT NOW-try to switch the first avionics power switch to ONAND FSX immedeatly freezes for a second and disappeares without any restart or errormessage - CTD.Was on several forums but couldn´t find a solution.FSX otherwise runs stable and with a good performance. No problens at all whether with adone aircraftor sceneries.The System is up to date and it´s not an W7/SP1 issue cause i had this CTD before updating Windows and drivers.Just for fun i´ve tried to switch the avionics to ON before powering up the plane by batteries and GPU and then NOTHING wents wrong.Could somebody help me please?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My FSX:Golden Edition, UTX, GEX, FSGX2010, FTX (nur freeware), MSX Phoenix and Socal, SimplatesX, MyTraffic2010, PMDG ATR 72-500 and Jetstream4100v1.10.1016, Beaver X, F1 C172 and a few more.FSUIPC4., Version 4.60a unreg........................................................................................................My System:MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 CPU Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 55 °C Bloomfield 45nm Technology RAM 3.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (8-8-8-20) Motherboard Intel Corporation DX58SO (J1PR) Graphics E22W-5 (1680x1050@59Hz) L22W-7SD (1680x1050@59Hz) ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc) Hard Drives 245GB Western Digital WDC WD2502ABYS-02B7A0 (RAID) 625GB Volume0 (RAID) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------the eventviewer tells me:Protokollname: ApplicationQuelle: Desktop Window ManagerDatum: 05.03.2011 20:44:22Ereignis-ID: 9010Aufgabenkategorie:KeineEbene: InformationenSchlüsselwörter:KlassischBenutzer: Nicht zutreffendComputer: XXX-PCBeschreibung:Ein Prozess (Flight Simulator X v10.0.61637.0) hat eine Anforderung zum Deaktivieren des Desktopfenster-Managers gestellt.Ereignis-XML:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Desktop Window Manager" /> <EventID Qualifiers="16384">9010</EventID> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-05T19:44:22.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>21707</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>XXX-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>Flight Simulator X v10.0.61637.0</Data> </EventData></Event>andProtokollname: ApplicationQuelle: Desktop Window ManagerDatum: 05.03.2011 20:44:22Ereignis-ID: 9013Aufgabenkategorie:KeineEbene: InformationenSchlüsselwörter:KlassischBenutzer: Nicht zutreffendComputer: XXX-PCBeschreibung:Der Desktopfenster-Manager konnte nicht gestartet werden, da die Zusammenstellung durch eine Anwendung, die momentan ausgeführt wird, deaktiviert wurde.Ereignis-XML:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Desktop Window Manager" /> <EventID Qualifiers="16384">9013</EventID> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-05T19:44:22.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>21708</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>XXX-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> </EventData></Event>-------------------with greetings from GermanyUdo G.
The Windows Desktop Manager caused the crash. I did a Google search and one individual fixed his problem by updating his bios. One fixed it by turning off the screensaver. A Microsoft Tech recommended one individual to go into the Task Manager and on the processes tab, locate explorer.exe. Select it and then click on 'end process'. Go to the Applications Tab and click New Task and enter 'explorer.exe' to restart the shell. Resetting Explorer shell fixed it for this individual. If that doesn't fix it, do a Google search for "event id 9010 desktop window manager" and see if any of the problems/solutions relate to your problem. In addition, you might also post this problem in the PMDG forum if you haven't already. However, they may not respond as it does not appear to be a problem with their aircraft but with your system.Best regards,Jim

Hi Jim, thank´s for the suggestions.- did not updating nor diid i check for any update of the bios already ´cause of the the problems that can happen-don´t use a screensaver-did the explorer.exe thing but still the same-i´m further on investigations for a solution but before i continue i wan´t to go first trough all of the W7 optimize list from NickN on simforums.com only to check if something in all this settings has changed somehowthis could take some time, but icome back to check the post and tell what is going on.

Hallo simmers,after a while of further investigations i couln´t find a solution for this. Will move to the PMDG Turboprobs Support Forum andclose this topic.RegardsUdo G.

Guest firehawk44
Hallo simmers,after a while of further investigations i couln´t find a solution for this. Will move to the PMDG Turboprobs Support Forum andclose this topic.RegardsUdo G.
Sorry you didn't find a fix. I have one more suggestion as this only happens with your installation of the Jetstream 4100. When you installed the aircraft, did you install it with administrator privileges and/or did you disable UAC? Windows 7 has a lot of built in security to save you from mean and evil people and sometimes it doesn't get installed correctly. The same goes with any anti-virus software - disable, install the software, then enable. Also make sure FSX/SP2 or Acceleration is installed as that is required.Best regards,Jim

Hi Jim,many thanks for the answer and sorry for this late answer.have a look at this: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/329936-ctd-with-pmdg-jetstream4100/ Finally FOUND A SOLUTION (until now and hopefully for ever):-UAC is disabled since the first day-deinstalled the PMDG Jetstream4100-after that completed - removed the rest of all PMDG entries in C:\User\Documents\Flight Simulator X files-removed the rest of the PMDG entries in the main fsx folder-removed the rest of the PMDG entries in C:\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects-removed fsx.cfg file in C:\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX (saved it for some reason)-reboot PC-let run FSX and let it build a new fsx.cfg file-setup fsx normally and run the default flight-closed FSX-DISABLED ANTIVIR-installed PMDG Jetstream4100 (as admin - as i do always installations)-run FSX and confirmed the new Airplane-run the default flight and loaded the "PMDG BAe JS4100 Tutorial 1 at KHPN" AND NOW IT RUNS!!!It looks like the ANTIVIR caused that really bad CTD.Thanks again Jim to give me that (very often repeated) advice. Did not take too mutch care about this because of fsx is running otherwise very good and stable.I had never a better one since going to W7 with the installation and optimize adwise from NickN @ simforums.com.Best RegardsUdo GruenP.S. TOPIC WILL BE CLOSED since there is a solution for that problem.