Sign in to follow this  
bank1

How do you install FPS Limiter in Win7?

HelloI'm using Bojote tweak and I'm trying to install fps limiter. But where do I install it at? Should I install in FSX (ON SEPERATE HD) or on my OS drive? When ever I run the FPS_Limiter.exe the cmd window opens briefly and thats it? Please help.

Bank1

HelloI'm using Bojote tweak and I'm trying to install fps limiter. But where do I install it at? Should I install in FSX (ON SEPERATE HD) or on my OS drive? When ever I run the FPS_Limiter.exe the cmd window opens briefly and thats it? Please help.
You can install it wherever you like I have mine on my system drive - FSX has its own drive. You need to extrat the "RAR" file with WINRAR or WINZIP (the built in windows extractor doesn't always work). IMHO the easiest way to get it going is to double click on the FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar (NOTE: 'J' 'A' 'R' Extension) and then "point" it to your FSX installation and set the frame rate you want usually around 30 and it will save a "BAT" file, (set it to unlimited in FSX). You need then to click on the FPS_Limiter.bat file each time you want to start FSX and it should work fine.The bat file should look similar to this: start C:\"Program Files (x86)\FPS LIMITER\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:ON /l:OFF "E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe (f: = frame rate)RegardsPeterHPS you can name the "bat" file to whatever you want and I put a shortcut onto my desktop.

Bank1You can install it wherever you like I have mine on my system drive - FSX has its own drive. You need to extrat the "RAR" file with WINRAR or WINZIP (the built in windows extractor doesn't always work). IMHO the easiest way to get it going is to double click on the FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar (NOTE: 'J' 'A' 'R' Extension) and then "point" it to your FSX installation and set the frame rate you want usually around 30 and it will save a "BAT" file, (set it to unlimited in FSX). You need then to click on the FPS_Limiter.bat file each time you want to start FSX and it should work fine.The bat file should look similar to this: start C:\"Program Files (x86)\FPS LIMITER\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:ON /l:OFF "E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe (f: = frame rate)RegardsPeterHPS you can name the "bat" file to whatever you want and I put a shortcut onto my desktop.
Okay I'm doing something wrong here. I created a folder for fps limiter and placed it on my C: Drv and extracted fps limiter files into that folder. I then I extracted the FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar into my FSX folder. The bat file I had to create manually (got info from another forum). Here is my bat file:(Start c:\"FPS Limiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF " E:\FSX\fsx.exe)So what do I do with it? At this point I'm lost... u say set frame rates, are u referring to the frame rates in fsx? Clicking on my bat file nothing happens. My bat file is just a text file, not an .exe? Please advise

BankYour BAT file looks OK just double click it and FPS_Limiter should open and then so will FSX. :( A bat file is a series of commands you could do exactly the same using the Windows run command.Try setting X:ON to X:OFFIf this doesn't work try this:Put the "jar" file back into the original folder it needs to be there really for simplicity. The jar file sets up a "bat" file that will open the FPS LIMITER and FSX exe files. If you double click the JAR file it will open up with a GUI Table" and you can set up where FSX is located etc. Up above I say quite clearly that you set the FPS in FSX to UNLIMITED! In fps-limiter you can change the value to any figure and as I say above f:30 means it will attempt to limit the sim to 30 fps. f:40 would mean 40 fps and so on. You can change this figure in the sim with a key stroke! Sometimes if you creat the "BAT" file manually it may not work if the syntax is slightly off. This may be your issueTo summarise: Extract the RAR file to any drive of your choice;Double click the "JAR" file - do not move it. Double click the BAT file created and it will open FPS_Limiter and FSX sequentially.Hope this helpsPeterH

BankYour BAT file looks OK just double click it and FPS_Limiter should open and then so will FSX. :( A bat file is a series of commands you could do exactly the same using the Windows run command.Try setting X:ON to X:OFFIf this doesn't work try this:Put the "jar" file back into the original folder it needs to be there really for simplicity. The jar file sets up a "bat" file that will open the FPS LIMITER and FSX exe files. If you double click the JAR file it will open up with a GUI Table" and you can set up where FSX is located etc. Up above I say quite clearly that you set the FPS in FSX to UNLIMITED! In fps-limiter you can change the value to any figure and as I say above f:30 means it will attempt to limit the sim to 30 fps. f:40 would mean 40 fps and so on. You can change this figure in the sim with a key stroke! Sometimes if you creat the "BAT" file manually it may not work if the syntax is slightly off. This may be your issueTo summarise: Extract the RAR file to any drive of your choice;Double click the "JAR" file - do not move it. Double click the BAT file created and it will open FPS_Limiter and FSX sequentially.Hope this helpsPeterH
See the two attachments to see what I'm getting when I click on the .jar file. This time I started fresh and deleted everything. I followed your instructions and I get what you see in the attached pics?

See the two attachments to see what I'm getting when I click on the .jar file. This time I started fresh and deleted everything. I followed your instructions and I get what you see in the attached pics?
Check your Java installation.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Check your Java installation.
Sorry for late response I forgot where I made this post at. Anyway checking programs installed It shows that I have Java update 14 & 24 installed?

Sorry for late response I forgot where I made this post at. Anyway checking programs installed It shows that I have Java update 14 & 24 installed?
When I first tried to intall the FPS-limiter, I used the utility Powerdesk to open the jar-file. Powerdesk is like Windows Explorer - a file manager - but with plenty of more options like manager for compressed files (RAR, ZIP, EXE etc). But what Powerdesk did was to extract the files contained in the JAR-file, not execute the JAR-file. When I opened it in Windows Explorer instead, it ran properly and I was able to point to the fsx.exe file and set what fps I desired.Your problem seems to be that that WinRAR takes command of the JAR file and extracts the contents while it should be executed by the java machine instead. The easies way out for you I think would be to simply temporarily uninstall WinRAR. I am sure there is also a setting in WinRAR that would disable its integration with Windows Explorer, but I can't tell where to look.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Have your tried this: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/322993-alternative-external-fps-limiter/It is an alternative frame limiter. I have used both, the one your are trying to get to work and this one. I was able to get both to work in Windows 7 with FSX Deluxe and Acceleration. The alternative limiter works better (less frame fluctuation) and is simpler to install.Danny

Danny

For some reason the antilag fps limiter has stopped working without any explanation. My cfg-file is tweaked by Bojotes tool and I discovered that I had to disable my second monitor in order to be able to use antilag and run FSX in Full screen mode. Having done that everything worked very smoothly and I constantly had the steady 30 fps that I had it set at. Now all the sudden the fps is fluctuating between 10-70 fps (with the internal fps limiter set to unlimited) and I have lots of microstutters despite using antilag.Earlier I couldn't run the other limiter, fps_limiter, at all since I only got a black screen. Now I can actually start up and use FSX by executing the bat-file but again the fps is fluctuating between the same 10-70. Absolutely nothing has changed, and I really mean int, in the computer since it was working properly and I feel like I'm soon heading back to FS9 territory again despite the couple of hundred euros I just invested in FSX add-ons. sigh

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Okay, I haven't tried anything new yet, but I was missing around clicking on the .jar file and I got it to the FPS GUI but clicking on the (search executable) nothing happens, it's not creating the Bat file? See pic's