Sign in to follow this  
76white02

FPS Limiter V0.2

I am trying to install the limiter but am having trouble. The gui file doesn't do anything and when i click on the exe file, a DOS window flashes quickly but that's it. I have searched all over the place and can't find a proper way of installing this; can anyone help? Win 7 64bit; btw.

I am trying to install the limiter but am having trouble. The gui file doesn't do anything and when i click on the exe file, a DOS window flashes quickly but that's it. I have searched all over the place and can't find a proper way of installing this; can anyone help? Win 7 64bit; btw.
1). Place the FPSLimiter_0.2.jar into your FSX root folder.2). Unzip it.3). Double-click on the jar file. It will then give you a GUI interface, wher you will click on "Search Executable"4). The executable it wants is FSX.EXE, in your FSX root folder. When you've selected it, click on "Open".5). The GUI will now show "fsx.exe in the "name" window, and the path to your fsx folder.6). If you have a single monitor - put "30" in the "maximum fps" window. If you have a TripleHead2Go monitor system - put "90".7). Click on "create bat" & then close the GUI.8). Look in the fsx root folder, and you will see there are now three files starting with "Limiter_", a "HookHelper.dll", an 'fsx.exe.limited.bat", and three starting with "FPS".9). right-click on the "fpx.exe.limited.bat, and then select "Send to", then select "Desktop". This will create a shortcut on your desktop, which you will now use to start FSX.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I also have WIN7 64 bit, and can not get the program to run. I extracted the files into the root FSX folder. When I click on the FPS_limiter_GUI file, it returns this error message: Could not find main class. Program will exit.Any ideas?Thanks,Jim

Do you have the latest version of Java installed?Kind regards,

the jar file is opens up winRAR. even after I extract the files, the jar stays a winrar file and when I click on it I get a list of files.

unfortunately, that site has instructions requiring the jar file to open properly. Mine will open as a winrar file not a functional window.

You can always run it from the command line, which would be:Java -jar fps_limiter_gui.jarYou do need to use the full paths for both your java.exe and the GUI file. Probably less typing to Google the contents of the .bat file and make it manually.....G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Although I had Java installed, it turned out to be an old version, and was causing my error. I removed it, then reinstalled the latest version. Now the Limiter works just fine. Thanks for asking me about Java as it caused me to find the problem. Perhaps others having install problems can learn from my experience.Jim

so essentially, couldn't someone just provide a bat file? I tried doing the command line and it just says it is unrecognized

so essentially, couldn't someone just provide a bat file? I tried doing the command line and it just says it is unrecognized
Nobody can give you a bat file, the bat file is created by your choices when you run the GUI. Follow the instructions above.To unpack the .rar file - use WinRAR from here:-http://www.rarlab.com/download.htmTo Run the jar file you need Java. Get it from here:-http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

More or less you would just need to edit it to alter the file locations for your machine, in my case the contents are ::start C:\"Program Files (x86)\fpsl\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe:: Change the paths to point to the locations on your machine and you have the "default" config !!G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Guest bobcap
You could try this as well: (contents of my .bat file)pushd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\FSX FPS LIMITERstart C:\"Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\FSX FPS LIMITER\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:ON /l:OFF "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exePath NEEDS to reflect your Flightsim & FPS limiter pathsBest wishesbob

I followed the instructions, everything looks and works as described, but when I double-click the fsx.exe.limited.bat, a window pops up and disapears within a second, but FSX doesn't start. I checked the paths and they are correct. Anymore ideas? Thanx, Ralf