Sign in to follow this  
FSMP

End of Gamespy Problems

How many times do you have to try to connect to Gamespy, before you can get a connection ?How many times are you flying, and Gamespy Disconnets you ? = No More Chat box !AT LAST -- Gamespy Issues with FSX are over -- Goodbye Gamespy -- Hello DIPPA !!! (Direct I.P. Password Authentication)DIPPA allows you to connect to the FS-MP FSX server, using your same GAMESPY ID, and your own unique DIPPA Password.So, if you have had enough of GAMESPY, and its frustrating connecting issues in FSX, give FS-MP a try, using DIPPA.Check out the Server Status page on http://ss.fs-mp.com -- see what is going on, who is flying, who is controlling, and what is going on in chat.Then fire up FSX, and come join in.Note: The FIRST Time you join the server, you WILL need to connect via GAMESPY, so that DIPPA can authenticate your Gamespy Username. (You would NOT want someone else using YOUR Gamespyname , and pretending to be you !!!! )

So how is Dippa any better than a "direct connect" to a server when it comes to multiplayer reliablity? Direct connect has always been a solution to Gamespy. It seems like both do the same thing, but your program offers the ability for user password.

So how is Dippa any better than a "direct connect" to a server when it comes to multiplayer reliablity? Direct connect has always been a solution to Gamespy. It seems like both do the same thing, but your program offers the ability for user password.
EXACTLY.. with direct connect to other FSX Servers, one can SPOOF one's username to pretend to be anyone.With DIPPA ( Direct IP Password Authentication), you get assigned your own unique passowrd, locked to your gamespyname, authenticated when you initially sign in with gamespy. Thereafter, you can use your gamaspy name on FSMP, and your DIPPA assigned password to sign into the FSMP FSX Direct Connect session.DIRECT CONNECT "reliability" is the same, but SECURITY of your name is ensured.Also, because your Unique, Individual Gamespyname is used, with its own non-gamespy password, players are uniquely identified in the Direct Connect sesson, allowing such feature as Admin rights etc to be assigned by Player name.Note: The FSX Direct Session is never sent or in need of your "Gamespy Password", which remains secure and unique to Gamespy.GeoffFS-MP.com

Is DIPPA a program? Sorry, I'm a bit confused. And you said something about logging into gamespy the first time, but i can't even log on 1 time if i tried to. Is there anyway i would be able to participate still?

Is DIPPA a program? Sorry, I'm a bit confused. And you said something about logging into gamespy the first time, but i can't even log on 1 time if i tried to. Is there anyway i would be able to participate still?
If you cannot log into a FSX MP session via Gamespy, then you have a MAJOR issue, that really needs to be resolved before you can continue.What happens when you try to connect via Gamespy ?One thing toi check: You MUST be uisng FSX with SP2, or with Acceleration.If your FSX is still original, or SP1, then it cannit connect to any SP2 / Accel session,(Most sessions on GS are Sp2 / accel)You must be Sp2 or Accel to connect via DIRECT CONNECT as wellI suspect this is your issue ...SP2 update is FREE form the MS Fsinsider website.Geoff

How many times do you have to try to connect to Gamespy, before you can get a connection ?How many times are you flying, and Gamespy Disconnets you ? = No More Chat box !AT LAST -- Gamespy Issues with FSX are over -- Goodbye Gamespy -- Hello DIPPA !!! (Direct I.P. Password Authentication)DIPPA allows you to connect to the FS-MP FSX server, using your same GAMESPY ID, and your own unique DIPPA Password.So, if you have had enough of GAMESPY, and its frustrating connecting issues in FSX, give FS-MP a try, using DIPPA.Check out the Server Status page on http://ss.fs-mp.com -- see what is going on, who is flying, who is controlling, and what is going on in chat.Then fire up FSX, and come join in.Note: The FIRST Time you join the server, you WILL need to connect via GAMESPY, so that DIPPA can authenticate your Gamespy Username. (You would NOT want someone else using YOUR Gamespyname , and pretending to be you !!!! )
hello everybody! please tell me ,who are usually connecting to Game spy to have a good flying atmosphere?90 percent of Game spy users fire up their flight sim first time and can not even find a compassonly small amount of pilot s ( I do not mention controllers) in Game Spy actually knowing what is they are doing ( It is the people like you over here)basically Game spy is the kinder garden of future pilots and controllers So I think it is not worth it to put any effort to make a connection better to the same place Why try to connect to this kinder garden and not to get in to normal networks in the first place?is there some body can explain this to me??

hello everybody! please tell me ,who are usually connecting to Game spy to have a good flying atmosphere?90 percent of Game spy users fire up their flight sim first time and can not even find a compassonly small amount of pilot s ( I do not mention controllers) in Game Spy actually knowing what is they are doing ( It is the people like you over here)basically Game spy is the kinder garden of future pilots and controllers So I think it is not worth it to put any effort to make a connection better to the same place Why try to connect to this kinder garden and not to get in to normal networks in the first place?is there some body can explain this to me??
Probably not -- If you have not realized it already, you never will." I think it is not worth it to put any effort to explain it to you"Maybe you can explain to me why you made your post ??Looking for a job as a baby Sitter ?

There are indeed many good pilots on gamespy. Yes there are alot of youngsters also but you totally missed the point. I fly on the FSMP server alot and here is why. The controllers are excellent. The pilots are excellent. Idiots are filtered out automatically with the revolutionary program FSMP mentioned which he wrote specifically for his server. For example, you cannot fly without a flightplan, you cannot spawn on runways, and you cannot use aircraft that will cause multiplayer issues which plagues other multiplayer platforms. The server automatically adresses these shortcomings and handles them accordingly. So in short, FSMP's custom software makes it the BEST (not used lightly) multiplayer platform currently available. Using terms like 90% is complete BS! I have met some of the best pilots and some of my best mates years ago when I started on gamespy when I happened to be one of those newbs u mentioned. Those newbs when not looked down upon and when insctructed accordingly make better pilots than most. I cannot express how much FSMP's server has helped me in the real world while training to become a helicopter pilot. Saved me alot of money in learning ATC procedures etc.