Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Dual RXP430s in the Baron

If you own the RealityXP 430W gauge and the Unlimited pack which supports dual 430s,you can install them in the Baron.Choose the "no 3d knobs" option and change the panel.cfg file as follows://--------------------------------------------------------[Vcockpit03]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=512,512visible=0pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$Panel_baron_3gauge00=rxpgns!GNS430, 173,72,328,166gauge01=rxpgns!GNS430_2, 173,252,328,166...//gauge09=BB58!Toggle_Gps, 247,92,189,112[WindowXX]window_size=0.3214, 0.4320visible=1ident=15431position=8zorder=99gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS430,0,0,100,50gauge01=rxpGNS!GNS430_2,0,50,100,50set XX to whatever window you want the popup to be

Bert

Bert, Thanks so much for this info. I had trouble with this and was delighted to see your post. I works perfectly now. Thanks again. Les Parson

Bert, Thanks so much for this info. I had trouble with this and was delighted to see your post. I works perfectly now. Thanks again. Les Parson
You are welcome!And while we are at it.. may as well replace the Audio panel and Transponder[Vcockpit02]...//gauge09=BB582!Radioaudio206, 6,31,353,68gauge09=rxpgns!GMA340, 8,31,349,68...//--------------------------------------------------------[Vcockpit03]...gauge00=rxpgns!GNS430, 173,72,328,166gauge01=rxpgns!GNS430_2, 173,252,328,166...//gauge04=BB58!transponder, 172,428,332,82gauge04=rxpgns!GTX327, 174,430,326,80...//gauge09=BB58!Toggle_Gps, 247,92,189,112

Bert

BertJust a quick hello. It's been a couple of years since you helped me with my Reality XP gauges (2004). I see you are still helping out the community and will be using your feedback when I purchase this FSX B58(want to wait for the first SP). Hope all is well.Bob Goodwin

thanks for this info, but I have only one reality 430........is there any way to use only one??..............and the transponder and Audio panel, can that be replaced as a separate item??..........I installed the patch #2. and that was supposed to fix the altitude adjustments, but so far it has not worked for me...................do you have any ideas on how to make that work as on other planes??..............appreciate this.............as I like the plane if I forget the avionics................B42L8

thanks for this info, but I have only one reality 430........is there any way to use only one??..............and the transponder and Audio panel, can that be replaced as a separate item??..........I installed the patch #2. and that was supposed to fix the altitude adjustments, but so far it has not worked for me...................do you have any ideas on how to make that work as on other planes??..............appreciate this.............as I like the plane if I forget the avionics................B42L8
If you only have one 430, you can cover up the second one by using rxpgns!plate instead of rxpgns!gns430_2Not sure what you mean by altitude adjustments... if it is the autopilot, there is a more capable autopilotavailable (PM me with your email address..)Transponder and audio panel come with the GNS package, so yes, that should work.

Bert

If you only have one 430, you can cover up the second one by using rxpgns!plate instead of rxpgns!gns430_2Not sure what you mean by altitude adjustments... if it is the autopilot, there is a more capable autopilotavailable (PM me with your email address..)Transponder and audio panel come with the GNS package, so yes, that should work.
Bert-as always thanks for your contribution! Off to try it.

Hi Bert, Everything works fine as long as I don't add the _2 entry to the second 430. As soon as I do that I get a CTD.Any help would be apprieciated. Regards Dave.

Hey guys! need a little help if anyone is willing. i've installed 1 gns430 into the baron as i dont have the unlimited pack, but here's my problem. Whenever the rxp gns430 is powered on, i get a yellow anunciator light on the panel that says "stby gyro p" is anyone else having this problem? thanks in advance!

Thanks for all your help Bert! I've used many of your suggestions for other Carenado aircraft, and I appreciate all the contributions that you have made.

I was going to install the dual rxp430's in my Baron, but I don't understand how to choose the no 3d option for the config. Is it a setting in the RXP config, or is it a change in the panel config? Thanks in advance.

Tom McDonald

Shift-3 to pop up the Controls panel.

If you want to turn off the knobs automatically at startup,

you need to add a little XML gauge, like:

<Gauge Name="Control_init" Version="1.0">

<!-- No 3d Knobs -->

<Element>
     <Select>
      <Value>
          (L:Init3d,bool) 1 != if{
            1 (>L:3DKNOBSBOOL,bool)   
            1 (>L:Init3d,bool)
                             }      
      </Value>      
     </Select>
   </Element>
</Gauge>

Bert

I can not get the RXP GPS to work in this aircraft. The 2d pop up and VC 3d are both covered with a multicolor graphic with the RXP Logo over it and I can not get it to turn on and the click spots are not recognized. This is the only aircraft this happens on

Do you possibly have a GNS 530 installed, and are you now trying to run a GNS 430?

The 430 is a separate purchase..

Bert