Sign in to follow this  
Mark_Brown

Initial problems

Initial problems encountered with the Baron, in no particular order.(1) Yaw damper inop.(2) Autopilot NAV slow to capture in ARM mode, both for VOR tracking and in GPS mode. Tends to wander while capturing.(3) No option for millibars altimeter.(4) Can't get at the fuel tank selector(5) No ADF(6) Operating ice protection doesn't seem to change the power draw (ammeters)(7) Prop ammeter does not function correctly, especially if each alternator is selected in turn.(8) Cold and dark start - the anticollision beacon switch is on (and the beacon flashes) even though the battery switch is off, and the keys are not in the OFF position.(9) Just tried one ILS approach and no glide slope indication, no flags. Will try with another one...(10) Most buttons on the tranponder don't work - VFR, STBY, OFF, IDENT.Will fixes be available?

Initial problems encountered with the Baron, in no particular order.(1) Yaw damper inop.(2) Autopilot NAV slow to capture in ARM mode, both for VOR tracking and in GPS mode. Tends to wander while capturing.(3) No option for millibars altimeter.(4) Can't get at the fuel tank selector(5) No ADF(6) Operating ice protection doesn't seem to change the power draw (ammeters)(7) Prop ammeter does not function correctly, especially if each alternator is selected in turn.(8) Cold and dark start - the anticollision beacon switch is on (and the beacon flashes) even though the battery switch is off, and the keys are not in the OFF position.(9) Just tried one ILS approach and no glide slope indication, no flags. Will try with another one...(10) Most buttons on the tranponder don't work - VFR, STBY, OFF, IDENT.Will fixes be available?
Re (1) In the aircraft.cfg file, try changing: yaw_damper_gain = 1.0 // 0.0 (in the Autopilot section)Re (2) I've noticed this as well... takes a looong time to capture the NAV trackRe (9) ILS worked OK for me

Bert

<br />Re (1) In the aircraft.cfg file, try changing:  yaw_damper_gain = 1.0  // 0.0   (in the Autopilot section)<br /><br />Re (2) I've noticed this as well... takes a looong time to capture the NAV track<br /><br />Re (9) ILS worked OK for me<br />
<br /><br /><br />Thanks Bert. I've just confirmed the ILS with another airport so that was a false alarm.The yaw damper *light* is inop. If you press the button on the A/P panel it should illuminate but nothing happens.Will continue flying and report any more problems. Other than those niggles, it's a great aeroplane. But I was kind of hoping it would have been more thoroughly tested.

Just to report that the yaw damper fix works for the indicators as well as the function.Pitot heat does increase power draw but prop and static vent heat don't...

Just to report that the yaw damper fix works for the indicators as well as the function.
Does anyone notice a slight twitch in the Attitude Indicator?Mine jitters a bit when flying steady.Can someone confirm that the FD bars are positioned correctlyon their system? Mine are positioned a bit high as if commandinga climb when in steady flight. The C340 which has the same gaugesdoes not have this issue..

Bert

I haven't noticed a jitter in the attitude indicator, but the FD bars do indicate a pitch up command in level flight.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I second all these problems. Plus the click spots are very small, and most of autopilot buttons don't work.

I don't know if this a particular problem to the Baron but while at 10,000 I gradually lost manifold pressure, and could not restore, even though I had the pitot, stall warning and fuel vent on. I also opened the alt. air and fuel booster pumps but continued to lose manifold pressure. I have seen this situation in other Carenado aircraft. I am at a lost as to why?

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

I don't know if this a particular problem to the Baron but while at 10,000 I gradually lost manifold pressure, and could not restore, even though I had the pitot, stall warning and fuel vent on. I also opened the alt. air and fuel booster pumps but continued to lose manifold pressure. I have seen this situation in other Carenado aircraft. I am at a lost as to why?
Try hitting the "H" key to provide virtual carb heat.. sometimes that solves the problem.

Bert

To add a minor problem to the list, the fuel flow calculator doesn't calculate endurance properly...it reads twice as much endurance as there actually is, possibly because it's making it's calculations based on fuel flow from one engine. Total fuel flow reads correctly, but when you compare the endurance value given with what you can determine by using a calculator, you can see the error.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

If Carenado is monitoring this , I would hope the patch would provide more travel on the switch levers, I can hardly see if they move so not sure when lights, etc are on, (good thing the "tips" show up!! maybe a switch pop up would help............and how do I get to the fuel switch................all in all, this is a real delight to fly!! B42L8, @ KRYN

Another thing - can't seem to set COM2 on the lower GNS 430 panel. (Can't push the C/V knob in virtual cockpit on either box to switch tuning to COM mode from VOR mode.)