Sign in to follow this  
Mark_Brown

Initial problems

I don't know if this a particular problem to the Baron but while at 10,000 I gradually lost manifold pressure, and could not restore, even though I had the pitot, stall warning and fuel vent on. I also opened the alt. air and fuel booster pumps but continued to lose manifold pressure. I have seen this situation in other Carenado aircraft. I am at a lost as to why?
I've encountered the same problem. Occurs when the temp drops to and just below freezing. Since I couldn't find any Carb Heat controls, I assumed these were fuel injected engines. If that's the case, shouldn't be encountering carb icing and shouldn't need to hit the "H" key. If these are not fuel injected engines, then we need Carb Heat controls.

Harold Henderson

I've encountered the same problem. Occurs when the temp drops to and just below freezing. Since I couldn't find any Carb Heat controls, I assumed these were fuel injected engines. If that's the case, shouldn't be encountering carb icing and shouldn't need to hit the "H" key. If these are not fuel injected engines, then we need Carb Heat controls.
There is apparently an FSX bug where even fuel injected engines can suffer icing..If the H key fixes it, that may be what is going on..

Bert