Sign in to follow this  
lilgus

New Mission

Have created my first mission and it is available here for all to try out. It's title is "The Pinnacle V1". It is a helicopter mission and will run on all versions of FSX. There is reward upon completion.Mission Description:Fly to your last delivery of the day at Luray Caverns Airport, then back to your home airport. What could possibly ruin such a beautiful morning.

Hi lilgus. I started your mission. I liked the use of the voice pack. Is that att? The area and time of the mission is very scenic. I got almost to the helipad when my engine quit on me and I had to land her kind of hard. Man, that 'pad was so close. Was the engine cutting out part of mission design, or did I screw up my chopper somehow. I almost always fly fixed wing (I'm more of a Janes Longbow guy when it comes to choppers), so not sure if there was something I did wrong when flying the bell. I tried to restart the engine but she wouldn't turn over. I saved the mission point and thought I'd post here.Shame the van was on time this flt, 'cause I'm delayed. Batting%20Eyelashes.gifThank You for the mission,JimBMaybe post your mission notice over at the Avsim rotor forum and maybe get more responses? Just an idea. Anyways, adios again. jimb

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Hi lilgus. I started your mission. I liked the use of the voice pack. Is that att? The area and time of the mission is very scenic. I got almost to the helipad when my engine quit on me and I had to land her kind of hard. Man, that 'pad was so close. Was the engine cutting out part of mission design, or did I screw up my chopper somehow. I almost always fly fixed wing (I'm more of a Janes Longbow guy when it comes to choppers), so not sure if there was something I did wrong when flying the bell. I tried to restart the engine but she wouldn't turn over. I saved the mission point and thought I'd post here.Shame the van was on time this flt, 'cause I'm delayed. Batting%20Eyelashes.gifThank You for the mission,JimBMaybe post your mission notice over at the Avsim rotor forum and maybe get more responses? Just an idea. Anyways, adios again. jimb
Hi juvat,I'm not sure why your engine cut out, it is not part of the mission. The heli is a default aircraft and I have never had a problem with it. First thing I would do is restart the mission and try again from the start. Second thing is fly the Bell in free flight and see if you still have the same problem. Third thing you can do is go into the .FLT file and change the [sim] line to another heli that you know works.I gather you have not yet made it to Luray airport yet because there is alot more to the mission. Let me know how you made out. Maybe someone else here at the forum has had this same problem and can help us out if the ideas above do not help.Good luck and enjoy the mission. If you can complete it, you will earn three rewards and can call yourself a very good heli pilot.

Aargh I'm such an awful pilot. Crashing right before the pad at Luray Caverns. Hopefully someone who knows how to fly proper will run your fine mission. Shame on me." juvat slinks away to helicopter training school"jimb"huh? yea, I can fly, landing, nope"

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

juvat.Your not going to let the helicopter win are you? Don't be afraid to use the throttle, add more than less, more than less while slightly pushing forward and back to center on the stick. Look ahead of you and not down to land or you will land short. Pick a spot in front of the landing area to focus on. Good luck.:(

Flew your mission and was impressed.Liked short flights with plenty happening.Found no faults with the mission and was well constucted.Was not impressedat being sent to another site to download until i realized i had just found anothersight that will require more investigation. Am trying to work out mission builder myselfwas stuck at step 1 jpeg files. Your mission cleared that bitmap files used insteadSDK manual driving me nut's.Only recomendation try making vioce recordingslouder bit hard to hear. WELL DONE!!!My first reply ever hope this works...

Flew your mission and was impressed.Liked short flights with plenty happening.Found no faults with the mission and was well constucted.Was not impressedat being sent to another site to download until i realized i had just found anothersight that will require more investigation. Am trying to work out mission builder myselfwas stuck at step 1 jpeg files. Your mission cleared that bitmap files used insteadSDK manual driving me nut's.Only recomendation try making vioce recordingslouder bit hard to hear. WELL DONE!!!My first reply ever hope this works...
Glad you liked the mission. I like shorter missions also, I'll save the long ones for free flight. I use FSXMissionEditor to make my missions, makes mission building much easier. I still use the OPT to place scenery and to check out area definitions and such. I belong to many flight sim sites because there is alot of good information, missions and aircraft out there. Why just stick with one site? Glad you posted your first msg, I never shy away from asking questions in forums. There are some very smart people out there and they are always willing to share what they know. Good luck with your foray into mission building.

aswilliams wrote;

Only recomendation try making vioce recordingslouder bit hard to hear.
To keep the size of the file down to an acceptable level for posting, I saved all sound files at there smallest recording size. This also lowers the volume to the files. You can of course go into your settings to adjust the volume when needed but I am trying different ways to power up the sound and still keep the file size down. Just a note, everyone has there settings adjusted differently and as with Autogen and Mesh settings it it hard to make a mission work perfect in all conditions. I will keep striving to make that happen as long as people keep flying them.

While learing to do sound myself have had even less volume.I will try some more after I work out rewardmaker.Even utility in libary wont work .Will post a Mission when able to complete.

If you run Win7 or below try this reward utility here http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3 I think you have to register at the site first here http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.com/ but it's a great site, it's worth it. Also this creater works well also fsxrewcr.zip at www.flightsim.com. I also make my missions using FSXMissionEditor which has a reward creator in it that works very well. Remember the small reward needs to be 100x80 in size and needs to be a jpeg, the large detail reward needs to be 300x370. Make sure the images are in your main mission folder, I found it works better that way.As far as my audio files, I record them at normal or better levels and then resave them at a lower level. You can also reamplify after shrinking the files using a audio editor. I listed the one I use in the readme file of my mission.

Thanks for your help. Have already found site of great help and have reward maker.Unfortunately due to my limmited computer skils its not working.Mission maker sdk works but have problems with other parts of sdk.I think i have made mess of system in my learning process so will get new HDDand start again with what i have learnt.THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Would like to try your mission but the website keeps sending me in a circle after I register and wont let me download. I hate having to register on one website to get something posted on a different site.

Have created my first mission and it is available here for all to try out. It's title is "The Pinnacle V1". It is a helicopter mission and will run on all versions of FSX. There is reward upon completion. Mission Description:Fly to your last delivery of the day at Luray Caverns Airport, then back to your home airport. What could possibly ruin such a beautiful morning.
I log in to the site but when I click on downloads it want me to login again and around and around I go.

I will help you on the other site. If it still gives you problems I will try and get the mission to you. The site has over 300 missions and you won't be sorry joining up there.