Sign in to follow this  
onebob

GPS toggle

When I press 'shift+1' for the gps I get the gps up ok but only with a half screen of the cockpit view, can adjust the window to full by dragging it down.does any body have the same issue.Bob

When I press 'shift+1' for the gps I get the gps up ok but only with a half screen of the cockpit view, can adjust the window to full by dragging it down.does any body have the same issue.Bob
This is what mine looks like when pressing shift-1.What do you get when you click on the GPS in the panel?Also, what is the screen resolution on your monitor?

Bert

This is what mine looks like when pressing shift-1.What do you get when you click on the GPS in the panel?Also, what is the screen resolution on your monitor?
mine's a bit different?1680x1050

Hmmm - mine is 1680x1050 as well.Have you made any modifications to the panel.cfg file?What happens when you simply click on the GPS in the panel?

Bert

Hmmm - mine is 1680x1050 as well.Have you made any modifications to the panel.cfg file?What happens when you simply click on the GPS in the panel?
hi, thanks for getting back Bert.no mods to the panel.cfg filenothing happens when I click the gps in the panel, thought this was odd as I was sure it should have come up like the F33A bonanza.this is different than the bonanza gps inso far it is resizable in the 'shift+1' mode, Bobps can't get the autopilot alt and vs to work other than holding the altitude after pressing the 'alt' button after reaching a pacific altidudedo you think I should reinstall the baron

hi, thanks for getting back Bert.no mods to the panel.cfg filenothing happens when I click the gps in the panel, thought this was odd as I was sure it should have come up like the F33A bonanza.this is different than the bonanza gps inso far it is resizable in the 'shift+1' mode, Bobps can't get the autopilot alt and vs to work other than holding the altitude after pressing the 'alt' button after reaching a pacific altidudedo you think I should reinstall the baron
The autopilot is incomplete... known problem.I've got a replacement if you need it before Carenado releases a patch.Not sure what is causing the other issues.. you can try a re-install..

Bert

The autopilot is incomplete... known problem.I've got a replacement if you need it before Carenado releases a patch.Not sure what is causing the other issues.. you can try a re-install..
Tried a re-install, just the same.hope this is not a OS problem ie 'XP pro' as when first shown on Carenado site xp was only added later as a compatible os it was then and I decided to purchase.many thanks for your offer and help, I will wait to see what the patch will sort out.bob

Tried a re-install, just the same.hope this is not a OS problem ie 'XP pro' as when first shown on Carenado site xp was only added later as a compatible os it was then and I decided to purchase.many thanks for your offer and help, I will wait to see what the patch will sort out.bob
I'm using Windows XP pro 32, so that is not it...

Bert

Bob, can you move that black area? When you click on it, is there a white border round the black part? If so, have a look at your panel.cfg and check the line I've boldened. It ought to read the same as the last line (bold italics) Hope that helps.[Window01]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=450,330position=0visible=0zorder=8ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=CarenadoG430!GNS430_nc1, 0,0,450,330

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I think the problem may be elsewhere:In the panel.cfg file, change[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=3743toSIZE_Y=6144or, second option://[Default View]//X=0//Y=0//SIZE_X=8191//SIZE_Y=3743

Bert

Just a thought. :smile:My default view is:[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=3743Odd eh?

Just a thought. :smile:My default view is:[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=3743Odd eh?
Ron, that is indeed what Carenado specified. But technically speaking,that is incorrect if you want a full screen to display :( Why it works OK on some systems and not on others, I do not know.
Onebob, what version of FSX do you run?SP1, SP2, or Acceleration?
Bob, can you move that black area? When you click on it, is there a white border round the black part? If so, have a look at your panel.cfg and check the line I've boldened.
Ron, how come you have the GPS popup in Window01?The Baron that I've got, has it in Window00.

Bert

I think the problem may be elsewhere:In the panel.cfg file, change[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=3743toSIZE_Y=6144or, second option://[Default View]//X=0//Y=0//SIZE_X=8191//SIZE_Y=3743
bingo! Bert, changing the Y value from 3743 to 6144 did the jobRon my gps is in window 00 like bert'sjust to prove itthanks

Tada! Great stuff. :(

Ron, how come you have the GPS popup in Window01?The Baron that I've got, has it in Window00.
Ahah! I change all my aircraft so that GPS is on Shift+2 which I also have a macro on my Logitech G15 keyboard. So, one stab = GPS whichever plane. :(

Tada! Great stuff. :(
Thanks Ronby the way, Bert indicated that clicking on the VC panel gps brought it up in a pop up window ( Like the F33 bonanza)does that work for you also.bob