Sign in to follow this  
onebob

GPS toggle

I am not an expert, but when I do this, I just right click the panel and unlock the screen and move to the other monitor, works like a charm to adjust the size to see where you are going.........the screen in the VC is too small for me.............(on a 37" screen)........B42L8

Yep, sho' do. :(
when I set the mouse over the vc gps and click it apprears that its active but no pop appears.cockpit tool tips idicate it to be 'default navigation page' does indicate Nav1 or GPS like the other instruments.xp pro sp3 32bitati 256mb hd4350 amd anthlon 64x2 dual 3800+ [2ghz]fsx sp2(not great but I get reasonable frame rates with the right sliders and airpalnes)I have 3 gauges indicated in the trusted section of the fsx.cfg file for the B58 [b581.GAU,B582.Gau,B583.DLL]Bob

when I set the mouse over the vc gps and click it apprears that its active but no pop appears.cockpit tool tips idicate it to be 'default navigation page' does indicate Nav1 or GPS like the other instruments.xp pro sp3 32bitati 256mb hd4350 amd anthlon 64x2 dual 3800+ [2ghz]fsx sp2(not great but I get reasonable frame rates with the right sliders and airpalnes)I have 3 gauges indicated in the trusted section of the fsx.cfg file for the B58 [b581.GAU,B582.Gau,B583.DLL]Bob
Having had a look at it again my comment'default navigation page' I now realise its refering to the actual page on the gps.however my panel window for the gauge is:- [Window00]Background_color=53,53,53 size_mm=500,266window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=794window_size= 0.290, 0.248window_pos= 0.020, 0.720zorder=15gauge00=CarenadoG430!GNS430_nc1, 0,0,500,266gauge01=BB58!Toggle_GPS, 109,37,280,164bob

OK, the GPS doesn't pop up by clicking on it in the VC. You get it by the use of Shift+1 or in my case Shift+2. My GPS dimensions are different because I've changed them to suit me. My gauge00 and gauge01 lines are different to suit me. I think your problem is solved and you have the correct config. If I read you right. :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Having had a look at it again my comment'default navigation page' I now realise its refering to the actual page on the gps.bob
Bob, if you click on the screen of the upper GPS, it should pop up Window00.Similarly, if you click on the screen of the popup GPS, it should close the popup.Do neither of these work?

Bert

Bob, if you click on the screen of the upper GPS, it should pop up Window00.Similarly, if you click on the screen of the popup GPS, it should close the popup.Do neither of these work?
nowhen I put the mouse pointer over the vc gps window it changes to be active ie it changes from the normal mouse arrow pointer to the 'hand' pointerclicking at that position does not pop up the gps.holding the mouse pointer over the lower gps does't change ie it is not active ( it does not change to the active 'hand' )pointer.clicking on the gps pop up brought up by 'shift+1' only shows the mouse pointer turning from the normal arrow pointer to the hand pointer, and nothing else.bob

nowhen I put the mouse pointer over the vc gps window it changes to be active ie it changes from the normal mouse arrow pointer to the 'hand' pointerclicking at that position does not pop up the gps.holding the mouse pointer over the lower gps does't change ie it is not active ( it does not change to the active 'hand' )pointer.clicking on the gps pop up brought up by 'shift+1' only shows the mouse pointer turning from the normal arrow pointer to the hand pointer, and nothing else.bob
Hmmm, this does work on my system. Try one more thing, turn off Cockpit Tooltipsalt/options/display/aircraft and see if that changes anything.I'm running Windows XP SP3, and FSX Acceleration.

Bert

It's the same for me as Bob. W7 64bit, FS Gold. Not that I'm unduly worried but it is weird.It's still Ron btw.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

It's the same for me as Bob. W7 64bit, FS Gold. Not that I'm unduly worried but it is weird.It's still Ron btw.
Well, Ron, you changed your panel.cfg file... :( The Carenado gauge is programmed to pop up a window with ident=794.Yours has ident=GPS_PANEL.So, if you change your GPS window, the pop up should work again.

Bert

Hmmm, this does work on my system. Try one more thing, turn off Cockpit Tooltipsalt/options/display/aircraft and see if that changes anything.I'm running Windows XP SP3, and FSX Acceleration.
Bert...turned off the cockpit tool tips.. no different.I have least sorted the first problem and get the gps up thro' shift+1 into a full screen.it's a pity I can't click on the vc panel for it, as I have got use to using it that way on the F33 Bonanza.Its not a new problem for me as I had a similar issue with the Wilco 737PIC, I, like a few others, never got the FMC and radio stack up in the vc.anyways, thanks for the help guys
I am not an expert, but when I do this, I just right click the panel and unlock the screen and move to the other monitor, works like a charm to adjust the size to see where you are going.........the screen in the VC is too small for me.............(on a 37" screen)........B42L8
I use to do the same but recently change my g-card and don't have the facility to run a second monitor at the moment.Bob

As soon as I posted that I knew what you'd say. :(
Gotta develop a new style - Hate to be so predictable :(

Bert