Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

FSX crashes every time i shutdown

Every time i exit FSX i get a dialog telling me FSX has stopped working and asks me if i want to shut it down. I have tried all ways to exit FSX but always get the same result. I have recently purchased EZDOK CAMERA but cannot be 100% sure this started happening immediately after install. It is not affecting my flights while using FSX, but there is obviousely something wrong. Anybody aware of this one?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Every time i exit FSX i get a dialog telling me FSX has stopped working and asks me if i want to shut it down. I have tried all ways to exit FSX but always get the same result. I have recently purchased EZDOK CAMERA but cannot be 100% sure this started happening immediately after install. It is not affecting my flights while using FSX, but there is obviousely something wrong. Anybody aware of this one?
You can check your system's application error log which is accessible via the administrative tools control panel applet (or right-click computer -> manage) and search for errors referring to FSX. Expand one of those errors and see if it points to a specific 3rd-party DLL. Then you can find your culprit!

Try rebuilding your FSX.cfg. Remove it and place it somewhere safe and then alow FSX to rebuild and then make your tweaks and edits after you rebuild it.

Mike Keigley

Hi,I got the same problem. It happens sometimes also when changing planes or weather. Just basically any actions which accesses the menu syste. I did install a new uiautomation.dll in the fsx home directory, but that did not help. I will also check my application log. I do run EZDOK but have not tried closing it and running FSX without it. I guess I will try that. Seems there are many with similar crashes but no one really has a definitive answer. Keep in touch here so others, including myself will want to hear what you have tried.Bob

Thanks for all the replies. I will be back on my FSX rig this evening and will check out the different suggestions and get back. Thanks again,

Rick Hobbs

Ok I looked at my application error log.Here are the dlls which was pointed to as the culprit.6 crashes - d3d9.dll (this is enbseries dll I believe) - I did remove highmemfix from the fsx.cfg as a request on a forum, but still I find this dll continually being at fault.1 crash - nvd3dum.dll3 crashes - weaher.dll1 crash - ai_player.dllSo it seems to me that all of these may have something in common or some form of dependency (fsx maybe LOL)Bob

Ok I looked at my application error log.Here are the dlls which was pointed to as the culprit.6 crashes - d3d9.dll (this is enbseries dll I believe) - I did remove highmemfix from the fsx.cfg as a request on a forum, but still I find this dll continually being at fault.1 crash - nvd3dum.dll3 crashes - weaher.dll1 crash - ai_player.dllSo it seems to me that all of these may have something in common or some form of dependency (fsx maybe LOL)Bob
A couple questions:1) are you overclocked?2) are you using any config file tweaks such as bufferpools=0 ?

Hi.1) Yes qx9650 to 3.85, 4 gig ram, gtx285 1 gig2) Yes - See Below - I removed HighmemFix as someone stated this was not compatible with enbseries. Believe it or not The TextureMaxLoad=30 was an incredible add and my smoothness was improved considerable. [Main]DisablePreLoad=1FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.17[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14[bufferPools]RejectThreshold=131072[TERRAIN]SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0[Display]TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=10TextureMaxLoad=30

A couple questions:1) are you overclocked? 2) are you using any config file tweaks such as bufferpools=0 ?

Hi,Start by just going back to default clock settings.

Hi.1) Yes qx9650 to 3.85, 4 gig ram, gtx285 1 gig2) Yes - See Below - I removed HighmemFix as someone stated this was not compatible with enbseries. Believe it or not The TextureMaxLoad=30 was an incredible add and my smoothness was improved considerable. [Main]DisablePreLoad=1FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.17[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14[bufferPools]RejectThreshold=131072[TERRAIN]SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0[Display]TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=10TextureMaxLoad=30
I think the best way to start would be to rename fsx.cfg to fsx.old and see what the results are. If there's no change I would start testing hardware. Ram test, GPU test, CPU test, hard drive test. For RAM and hard drive tests I recommend downloading Hiren's Boot CD (Google it), burning to disk, and running memtest to test the RAM and MHDD to test the hard drive. Any errors during testing will indicate the likely cause of the issue. For CPU test you can use OCCT or Intel Burn Test. GPU test run Furmark or Unigine Heaven, both on high settings - any graphical corruption or crashes will reveal a fault. Sorry I don't have an immediate solution for you, but this is the joy of troubleshooting - you just have to test things and try different possible solutions.

Hi JSkorna,Thanks, as far as I can tell that was it. I went back to default and flew the heck out of it, change weather, planes etc and no problems. I went ahead and dropped the multiplier down a notch from where I was and am having no issues now with an oc @ 3.5. I think what had happened is that over the past couple of years I have been steadily adding more complex aircraft, turning up some settings etc and I think it was just to much for the system. So I have been trying everything I can @ 3.5 and it is steady as a rock. I did drop a frame or two but since it is smooth you really can't tell. Thanks again for forcing me to look at the obvious place to start.RegardsBob

Hi,Start by just going back to default clock settings.

Hi,No, why? Are you having the same issues?Bob

Did you install Aerosoft Airbus X?

If this is the crash every time You quit FSX, You can try moving or editing exe.xml and dll.xml and comment every add-on which loads this way (WinchX, MCE, PMDG, FSFK, FSUIPC..... Plenty here) and try to launch FSX, start a flight and exit.If it cures You, just add one after another to find the bugger.