Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

wilco Airbus Evolution released!

i just saw that wilco released the Airbus evolution upgrade.i will get it as soon as i get home tonight. anybody tried it yet?

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Not too impressed with its interior nor of its exterior modelling, since they placed a heavy emphasis on systems as opposed to modeling quality.Dave.

After seeing the Wilco video on this update and reading all the stuff they want fix, why would anybody pay money for this.

I just downloaded, installed, and tested the Vol 1 Evolution upgrade pack.I can confirm that NONE of the 2D cockpit/VC textures were upgraded at all.The night textures for the A320 IAE and the A318 are still bugged.pedestal_1.pngpedestal_2.pngThe external night textures weren't fixed either, which includes the tail logo light and the bugged light on the fuselage when internal cockpit illumination is turned on.wilco_airbus_external.pngThe HUD cannot be used in the Virtual Cockpit.It can be used with limited visibility of the HUD itself in 2D cockpit but they intend for you to fly with it in fullscreen mode. That means all you have is the HUD and that's it. No other gauges, instruments, or cockpit frame showing.Their product page doesn't say it can't be used in the VC

The HUD is designed to be used in full-screen mode and can be displayed in the 2D cockpit too.
But AFTER you buy their product and read the Evolution manual, it says "Note: The Head-Up Display cannot be used in the virtual cockpit."Thanks for STATING THIS ON YOUR WEBSITE Wilco!They did finally fix the black cockpit windows on external views.The weather radar works but you can't adjust the tilt or the gain. You also can't use the Wx radar when your nav display range is set to 10nm. Only works with 20nm or further.As for the managed descents, I'll have to test that out before I report back.So far, I can't believe I was actually charged for this.And as Wilco doesn't have an official forum (and neither does Feelthere. Feelthere has an unofficial support forum on Avsim but Feelthere had 0% to do with Evolution, so you won't get any help there) the only way to submit any complaints is through Wilco's automated "fill-a-form-out" technical help page.You can't even call Wilco, they have no phone number or address listed anywhere on their site that I could see. No email either.Their return policy on downloaded software is that you can't return downloaded software and thus there is no refund.From their own website:
Download productsFor download products' date=' we are unable to refund/change if you find the product too complicated or unsuitable for your personal use.[/quote']I'm disgusted. I'm beyond disgusted. I can't believe they're making people PAY for this update!And I got suckered into it, mostly because of the Wx Radar and a HUD I believed would work in the VC.Wilco is not receiving one more penny from me. They're just as bad as Airsimmer, and that's saying something.I suggest to everyone reading this that hasn't already bought the Evolution update, STAY AWAY.

No forum, no number, no email, no address should be a warning to anybody handing over money. There are a lot of great developers around with plenty of good support, why not give them the money?

I had Airbus Volume two and installed the upgrade. Now the Primary Flight Display in the virtual cockpit is black.. It works in the 2D cockpit. I have FSX go to the 2D cockpit at startup as indicated. If I click the PFD in 2d to enlarge and click on the HUD; sometimes the PFD in the virtual cockpit lights up but is non functional "dead"Anyone else have this? I am disapointed. Will have to reinstall without the upgrade.

@ScreenshotsThey are actually charging money for that!? :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I had Airbus Volume two and installed the upgrade. Now the Primary Flight Display in the virtual cockpit is black.. It works in the 2D cockpit. I have FSX go to the 2D cockpit at startup as indicated. If I click the PFD in 2d to enlarge and click on the HUD; sometimes the PFD in the virtual cockpit lights up but is non functional "dead"Anyone else have this? I am disapointed. Will have to reinstall without the upgrade.
Here are the pictures.

Hmmm... Just lauched a few hours ago a we already have a lot of complaints... I'm gonna wait for the vertical navigation behavior report (TOC, TOD, Decel, and all that stuff)... if they didn't get that fixed I'm not buying...Dexter...

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

Here..... I am pushing the throttles all the way forward and the airplane is not moving at-all; it will not move one bit !.... Oh ! Wait! I see why... my computer was off..no wonder...duh ! John Doe !jajaja. Sorry guys I have a crazy sense of humour. :( I will install the upgrade in a few momwnts !John

You may have to adjust PFD brightness, I seem to recall them explaining that in the manual when I first bought Vol 2 some years ago.If you have a mouse with the scroll wheel you can make the screen light up by hovering over the PFD and roll the wheel.

\Robert Hamlich/

I would like to feel bad for the people that got sucked into this "upgrade" but sorry, I can't. Warned you guys a few times but I just don't know what it takes for some people to listen. When you buy as much FS addons as I have, you know which companies to avoid. Hate to say it but now that they have your money you just gave them the reason why it is easy to make crap software and rip people off. Like stealing candy from a baby. And now they will do it again.

"Note: The Head-Up Display cannot be used in the virtual cockpit."
What?! Here is what it says on their website:"The HUD is designed to be used in full-screen mode and can be displayed in the 2D cockpit too." Too?! English is not my first language but I understand this as it's in both VC and 2D. But now, no VC? So, are they lying? And I thought it won't be any visual updates. They're are not getting my money and I was one of those people waiting for this update from the second it was announced. Not a chance!