Sign in to follow this  
Jahanzeb

PMDG MD11 g2d.dll error

hi everyonei dont know if this topic has been covered before, but i couldnt find it.. anyway, i have fsx sp2 and whenver i take off, fsx crashes randomly.. sometimes during taxi, sometimes at the terminal, sometimes, half an hour into the flight. i havent tried removing all the planes because its so tedious reinstalling all of them back again. i have the following addon planes:flight one Atr 72-500aerosoft airbus xan225 (feeware)carendo c240, 208, 172, 152flight one md super 80 serieslevel d 767wilco a 380pmdg 747pmdg md 11and one random atr 42 freewarethe reason for listing the planes is, there could be a conflict somewhere between the planes? i dont know. when i googled the error, it said it has something to do with texture error caused by addons.. when that faulty texture is generated in fsx, it causes it to crash. and it mostly related to scenery addons.. (which i dont have any)anyway, so i uninstalled sp2 and guess what? the plane flew like a charm.. no more crashes. i flew long flights without and hiccups.. so was that the solution? probably. but a new one arose. i need sp2 to fly my level d 767.. and personally ive read that sp2 is more stable.. anyone has any opinions? anything? i just want to fly my md 11 in fsx sp2. THE greatest plane thats out there!!im running windows 7 64 bitthrough apple macbook pro (yeah yeah.. dont comment on that)4gb ramnvidia 320m graphic cardhdmi out, 1920x1080 resolution(dont think any of this should be the problem though)other hardware- saitek yoke and TQoh and i always use Fspassengers.. hmm maybe that could be it.. but it runs fine with every plane out there.. and with md 11 in sp1any help would be greatly apprecaited

Try thisNext to last post. (It's about startup crashes, but may help)The post above it links to a g2d.dll error discussion that may offer additional help.

Try thisNext to last post. (It's about startup crashes, but may help)The post above it links to a g2d.dll error discussion that may offer additional help.
thanks alot man.. looking into it

Test number 1uninstalling software "trafficX"running fsx in dx10optimizing graphicsflight without FspassengersResult:the flight was a complete success.. flew LTBA - LIRF (istunbul to Rome) without any crashes on the PMDG MD11 (phew). one of these must be the culprit then.. If anyone is having similar problems, try doing the same thing

Glad you found a solution Big%20Grin.gifNow it's just a matter of putting them back 1 at a time till you find the bad guy.

g2d.dll is one of the two main FSX renderer libraries. I would look very closely at video drivers and system overheat as a potential source of crashes with this - there's no known issue with the MD-11 that crashes g2d.dll.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Glad you found a solution Big%20Grin.gifNow it's just a matter of putting them back 1 at a time till you find the bad guy.
thanks for all your help man.. but i ran into a strange problem without really doing anything. when i click on any panel in VC, it doesnt pop out like it use to.. n this goes for ALL the planes.. even stock fsx planes. furthermore, i cant use see the cocpit at all.. only virtual cockpit. left me scratchin my head. tried everything, i figured it had something to do with some window being disabled. the last thing i did was play fsx online and was tower control.. now that im writing this, i remember fading out a window there.. but was unable to bring it back.. anyway, il have to install a fresh copy of fsx :( and all the addons
g2d.dll is one of the two main FSX renderer libraries. I would look very closely at video drivers and system overheat as a potential source of crashes with this - there's no known issue with the MD-11 that crashes g2d.dll.
Actually that makes alot of sense.. i download new video drivers recently, and when im even watching movies, they seem to stop working for 2 seconds, and the screen goes blank.. and it says, windows video drivers stopped working but have recovered. Thanks alot man.. il revert back to the orginal drivers, or wait for further updates

ok after running alot of tests, and gpu driver updates, i've concluded that the g2d error is caused by Fspassengers.. Fspassengers works with EVERY planein fsx including payware, except the pmdg md 11.. another conclusion, in fsx sp1, i managed to fix the problem, by editing the number of windows in the md 11 panel file as fspassengers does not allow more than 64 windows..anyway doing this did not work for me in fsx sp2.. il keep looking i guess, unless someone else is going through the same thing