Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Baron Service Release out

A number of the things we have been discussing have been fixed.Autopilot, EGT gauge, Turn Director flag, ATT and HSI gauges etc..Thanks, Carenado!

Bert

Thanks Bert for the update. The Service Pack is desperately needed. Now that the Beta testing is done by the customers.

Purchased this after the patch despite no ADF. Hopefully that will come in a later patch.I have noticed a couple of other issues though. 1. Lights still working with Master Switch Off (mentioned elsewhere).2. Select mouse spot missing for GPS in VC. This is present in the GPS pop up but I can't find it in the VC. Spots are there for page & function change however I cannot select the current page to highlight functions. Anyone else see this?Cheers,Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Purchased this after the patch despite no ADF. Hopefully that will come in a later patch.I have noticed a couple of other issues though. 1. Lights still working with Master Switch Off (mentioned elsewhere).2. Select mouse spot missing for GPS in VC. This is present in the GPS pop up but I can't find it in the VC. Spots are there for page & function change however I cannot select the current page to highlight functions. Anyone else see this?Cheers,Ross
Ross ... I mentioned this in my topic 'gps toggle'. Bert and Ron indicated that the mouse hot spot for the vc gps worked ok for them. so this must be an issue with computers or somethink. my os is the same as Bert's so its not that.I have an issue(very small issue I add) with lights as well, click the overhead cockpit light. seems to work different at night than day light. the panel lights I think only work in night hours only but I will check this again.Bob

Hi Bob,Not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I'm able to get the GPS to "pop up" OK with a mouse click but I can't get it to highlight & select any of the items in the individual pages e.g a navaid or airport etc. I can change the pages using the click spots to the top & bottom of the knobs however there is no click spot in the middle of these to select the current page so I can scroll through the lists. This spot is mid way & to the right of the knob on the pop up but doesn't show in the VC.Maybe this is related though to the other problem.Havn't checked the lights yet but from memory the panel lights did come on OK in the day when I accidentally flicked the switch on my Saitek panel. Will look into this as well.Cheers,Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Thanks Bert for the update. The Service Pack is desperately needed. Now that the Beta testing is done by the customers.
Do you want a cookie now that you supposedly beta tested the aircraft? Get off your high horse....please...you are on a flightsim forum....nothing spectacular.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Do you want a cookie now that you supposedly beta tested the aircraft? Get off your high horse....please...you are on a flightsim forum....nothing spectacular.
No...Carenado doesn't beta test anywhere near enough in-house. We the customers DO end up doing the beta testing. You can keep your cookies.Carenado needs to fix this.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

No...Carenado doesn't beta test anywhere near enough in-house. We the customers DO end up doing the beta testing. You can keep your cookies.Carenado needs to fix this.
Im not disagreeing with you at all. However, this beta testing subject has been said plenty of times.....if it hasn't been fixed yet its most likely not going to anytime soon. That being said, there is no point in every one complaining on here. Complain by not buying the products and Carenado will get the picture and will quit pushing out releases.Better yet, come on here and explicitly say " Until you start doing better testing I am not buying your product...If enough people do that instead of buying the product and THEN complaining AFTER they bought it, Carenado wont care. After all they already have your money. Going back to what I said before, If Carenado sees these explicit posts saying we arent going to buy their products and they see we aren't buying, they will change their ways. Until then, Don't complain if you knowingly buy the product after knowing the past.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Hi Bob,Not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I'm able to get the GPS to "pop up" OK with a mouse click but I can't get it to highlight & select any of the items in the individual pages e.g a navaid or airport etc. I can change the pages using the click spots to the top & bottom of the knobs however there is no click spot in the middle of these to select the current page so I can scroll through the lists. This spot is mid way & to the right of the knob on the pop up but doesn't show in the VC.Maybe this is related though to the other problem.Havn't checked the lights yet but from memory the panel lights did come on OK in the day when I accidentally flicked the switch on my Saitek panel. Will look into this as well.Cheers,Ross
Ross,You aren't the only person with this issue. I don't have a click spot to enable the cursor on the GPS in the VC either, though the 2D pop-up GPS has it on the upper-right end of the knob with the "Cursor on/off" tool tip. I was hoping the service pack would fix this, but it didn't seem to.I'm an XML beginner, but I had a look in the .xml files located inside CarenadoGNS430.CAB and I am almost possitivle the cursor fuction for the VC GPS has been omitted and is not the cause of some other problem on the PC.Have you found a remedy for the missing click spot recently?

I would really like them to fix is the stalling characteristic during takeoff and landing. This performance is no where close to how the real word Baron 58 flies. I fly this aircraft for 6 years so I know exactly what she should be doing. they have a good produced a good product thus far, and with a few more adjustments she'll be good to go.Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Guest CharlieP51

Same here with STALL characteristics. It is almost as if this bird received NO TESTING for such a major issue to get past them. However the Carenado policy of "work-at-home- Beta testers" has surely failed them this time. So - I AGREE - this stalling is way out of spec...I expect MORE from Carenado. BTW I also purchased the Carenado C340 II HD plane and it is a joy to fly..handles as expected and landings are typical fare.....in the Baron it's dirt in your mouth.