Sign in to follow this  
tnorton776

patch not working

the patch to fix the autopilot is not working for me. still unable to set/arm cruise alt up down etc.
your not using fsuipc for the mouse wheel(trim) by any chance, if so you need to uncheck it and then you should be able to spin the autopilot turn knob.bob

your not using fsuipc for the mouse wheel(trim) by any chance, if so you need to uncheck it and then you should be able to spin the autopilot turn knob.bob
my FSuipc is unregistered i cant use anything from FSUIPC that im aware of.I have no trouble in the C340II. the mouse wheel is not set to trim.

the patch to fix the autopilot is not working for me. still unable to set/arm cruise alt up down etc.
What are you specifically trying to do?

Bert

Hi Tom, I installed the service pack and am having the same problems AND others including flight model, multi-engine problems, numberous panel fidelty problems, etc! These problems without a doubt should have been taken care of with beta testing and they will likely never be solved as Carenado is getting ready for his next project C90 "Their most Ambitious project yet" as advertised on the website. Well, Carenado maybe you should try to produce a product that is functional without 4 + service packs like the Seneca for example, before trying a turbine aircraft such as a King Air C90. Carenado can't even get the default buttons to work most of the time.I'd say we are SOL big time on the Baron!!Honestly, I feel Carendo product quality has taken a metoric crash with their new high through put development for FSX and X-plane and no meanful testing prior to releases. Look at the description of this B58 forum, Carenado mis-spelled the word "the" as "hte", as another example. It would take a miracle for a the C90 to be a solid release and functional product!If anybody is looking for a great Turbine, The RealAir Duke is Outstanding to the level of the PMDG JS4100 and IS a functional product!! Real Air doesn't release a poor quality product every 2 months.Cheers,BB

I'd say we are SOL big time on the Baron!!Honestly, I feel Carendo product quality has taken a metoric crash with their new high through put development for FSX and X-plane and no meanful testing prior to releases.
Hmmm, I respectfully disagree. Carenado has never been known for 100% fidelity, but in this case, theyhave fixed most of the obvious problems in the first Service Release. If you want a higher function autopilot,look under the "Autopilot" topic in this forum.

Bert

Hmmm, I respectfully disagree. Carenado has never been known for 100% fidelity, but in this case, theyhave fixed most of the obvious problems in the first Service Release. If you want a higher function autopilot,look under the "Autopilot" topic in this forum.
Obviously I got upset writing the last post. However, the fact remains that products are released that are non-functonal. The seneca for example took 4 service packs to become functional. I remember the first flight the flight model was poor and it couldn't even be landed. These types of problems are unacceptable on a top tier addon release, level D, PMDG, Flight 1, Real Air,etc. would never have these types of problems and customers aren't required to be beta testers.The Barron EGT gauges still don't work after the service pack release. They go in the wrong direction,wrong range and are poorly and incorrectly simulated for most of Carenado planes. There was a switch in the C340II that provides on/off voltage to the deice boots and there was a needle readout for this on the panel. When the switch was selected to the off position the gauge still showed power, to the deice boots. I emailed Carenado and he said, "FS doesn't model this". Total BS, if your going to add a functional switch to a panel and it doesn't even work cosmetically, not even asking for a true simulation. All that has to be done is the switch when turned off turns off power to the de-ice boots on the gauge. This is just one example of dozens. If Caranado can't even get a power gauge to work or the autopilot on a Caravan to work properly how is he going to get a King Air C90 to be functional product???Another example is the Autopilots in recent releases like the C340 and Barron dont' work / connect properly with the HSI (GPS and VOR/NAV1-2 connections), even default FSX aircraft have this working. Addtionally, on the Barron, try bringing the throttle back on one of the engines. Then try to move the throttle into the "feathered" position, the throttle lever doesn't move into the feathered position it just stays at idle.I'm not expecting a detailed and super-high fidelity product at the PMDG level, but I do at least expect Carenado products to be functional in general upon release, which is clearly not the case.Nor do I ask for a 100% fidelity of a Carenado product, but when products are constatly NON-FUNCTIONAL payware releases. This is a problem.Am I out of line for asking a product I pay for to be generally (80%) functional upon release with out extensive beta testing, programing of files so the EGT has some sensitivity and without requiring 2-4 service packs???By functional I mean autopilot connects to the GPS/NAVs and display on the HSI, switches, EGT guages work without the customer having to reprogram the EGT guage or autopilot switch parameters I'm not talking about absolute fidelity and realism I'm just asking for an producted to be at least functional as advertised. In most bussinesses this would be reported to the Better Bussiness Bureuro and in exteme cases would be reported as fraud.We're all FSX fans here but this is total BS having to repogram autopilot, switches and EGT gauges and several service packs to get a functional product. I'm done with my programing days and do night have time for this.I'm extremely happy with the Real Air Duke Turbine II, for $15 USD more you get and OUTSTANDING functional product!! I'm pleased with the single engine Carenado planes like the C185 and the Caravan. But to be respectfully honest, Carendo is not competent to produce multi-engine aircraft that are functional and are highly not likely to do so with Turbine aircraft, given the poor track record.I'll bet anybody here the Carenado King Air C90 will require more than 4 service packs to be functional as the Seneca was.I don't have the time or the patience to fix Carendo's products that are constatntly released at early alpha stage and never become functional products until numberous service packs and many functionality problems will never be fixed. Until Carenado redefines his products and they become FUNCTIONAL payware addon I absolutely will not be a Carenado customer, this is total BS! It will take an AVSIM 5 Gold star product for me to buy another plane from Carenado..Cheers

Obviously I got upset writing the last post. Another example is the Autopilots in recent releases like the C340 and Barron dont' work / connect properly with the HSI (GPS and VOR/NAV1-2 connections), even default FSX aircraft have this working.
OK, I get it, you are upset at Carenado. I have been at times myself, so I can relate..What I do not understand is the problems you are having with the autopilot / HSI interconnection.It all seems to work in my copy.. can you be specific about what is not working right?

Bert

OK, I get it, you are upset at Carenado. I have been at times myself, so I can relate..What I do not understand is the problems you are having with the autopilot / HSI interconnection.It all seems to work in my copy.. can you be specific about what is not working right?
Bert sorry for venting, but I won't be buying a Carenado product for a LONG time if at all............In general, when you select GPS either a switch on the panel or button on the autopilot the GPS doesn't link to the HSI to show your track on the GPS or NAV aid path. Some of the planes didn't even have a switch to have the GPS show on the HSI at all, and some of then have them but don't work. Once I emailed Carenado he didn't even have a switch for the GPS toggle for HSI, he acknowleged this and added one but it didn't work. I emailed Carenado about the autopilot not tracking GPS course, he said "when it will track if you select it on there, but it won't show on the HSI". Thus, the GPS doesn't even couple to the HSI as default FSX planes do. Numberous button (NAV's/ COMs) and clickspots are always a problem. The autopilot knob still doesn't work on the Barron after patch and FSUPCI is not causing any problems with mouse roller, etc. etc.ETC! Is this a funcitonal product?, this occurs on the C340, and now I'm having the same problem on the Barron, this is unacceptable. So the autopilot track the course yet is not displayed on the HSI. :Thinking:There are just way too many problems and headaches with products...Best,BB

I emailed Carenado about the autopilot not tracking GPS course, he said "when it will track if you select it on there, but it won't show on the HSI". Thus, the GPS doesn't even couple to the HSI as default FSX planes do... this occurs on the C340, and now I'm having the same problem on the Baron, this is unacceptable. So the autopilot track the course yet is not displayed on the HSI. :(
OK, I see the issue... I usually fly with the RealityXP GNS430 or 530 installed and the HSI does showthe course deviation correctly with either of these units installed. As a test, I flew with the Carenado GNS430sand indeed the autopilot follows the course, but the HSI does not show the course deviation.. this is pretty awful.I wonder if anyone has found a solution to this? I do not think it is the GPS, but instead it is the HSI that refusesto recognize that the GPS is in GPS mode and not in VLOC mode. I've installed the default Baron HSI in a popup window as a test, and as you can see, it works correctly.

Bert

Am I talking through my backside, or is the GPS/NAV switch a pure flight sim fiction. In any GA plane I have flown in with GPS fitted and used, the GPS displayed the course deviation, not the HSI, but then I haven't flown in that many. Sorry BillyBob, you are obviously upset but you seem to have a very different idea of 'functional' and non-functional to the one I have.

When the switch was selected to the off position the gauge still showed power
Is that really the reason you think of this as non-functional? If you were flying in a real C340 and you found the guage displaying voltage for the di-ice boots was inop, what you you do?1) Crash and burn instantly? 2) Start reefing out your engineer over the radio, damning him with your dieing breath? 3) Divert to nearest airport and pray you make it? 4) Divert to nearest convienient airport? 5) Make a note of it to lodge an official complaint to your engineering company demanding the person responsible be reported to the FAA? 6) Manually monitor conditions carefully for the rest of the flight and have the plane inspected as soon as you land? 7) Make a note of it in the service log and monitor the conditions as needed?8) Note it and carry on?9) Do nothing. I never knew what that switch was for anyway.For me, and I accept that you may have different standards, anything that requires one of the top five reactions, I would count as non-functional. For reaction 6, I would have to consider if it was safe to take off with the fault known to be present. The aircraft obviously being non-functional if I am not happy to take off. If failings this minor genuinely upset you as much as they appear to, and you are not just being dramatic to try and get your own way, then I suggest that you really should consider a different hobby, as you are doomed to disappointment in this one. All the other manufacturers you mentioned have produced products with equal or greater failings, just as the manufacturers of the real aircraft they simulate have done. For you to suggest any of them are "not competent" says a lot more about you then it does them.

Am I talking through my backside, or is the GPS/NAV switch a pure flight sim fiction. In any GA plane I have flown in with GPS fitted and used, the GPS displayed the course deviation, not the HSI, but then I haven't flown in that many.
Attached is a page from the Bendix King KI525A HSI Pilots Guide showing thatthe course deviation needle shows both VOR and RNAV (GPS) course deviation,so this is not "FSX fiction". :(

Bert

Paul, I define that something is "functional" when it works as is should (e.g. a GPS/Nav switch is switched to GPS it actually switches to GPS and not stay on NAV). That's it and it's overly complicated.Regarding the quality of Carendo's multiengine airplanes being of similar qualtiy to Real Air, PMDG, Level D is your private fantasy. Go over to any of those forums to discuss this comparisson to your own demise.Cheers,BB

I define that something is "functional" when it works as is should (e.g. a GPS/Nav switch is switched to GPS it actually switches to GPS and not stay on NAV).
This may not change anything in the conversation, but I think my example shows that the GPSdoes switch to GPS mode (as evidenced by the default HSI correctly showing the CDI).For some reason (I suspect this will be easy to fix) the Carenado HSI shows the VOR1 CDI signal,rather than the HSI CDI signal. I've sent a note off to Carenado with this, I hope theycorrect it in Service release 2 (or re-issue SR 1). :(

Bert

Guest bstolle

I think it says a lot about 'pager94' when he complains about a 'the' typo from Carenado but himself1.) constantly writes Barron2.) complains that: 'Then try to move the throttle into the "feathered" position, the throttle lever doesn't move into the feathered position it just stays at idle.As I've e.g. never seen a 'feathered' position on a throttle I wouldn't take this guy too seriously ;)