Sign in to follow this  
tnorton776

patch not working

I think it says a lot about 'pager94' when he complains about a 'the' typo from Carenado but himself1.) constantly writes Barron2.) complains that: 'Then try to move the throttle into the "feathered" position, the throttle lever doesn't move into the feathered position it just stays at idle.As I've e.g. never seen a 'feathered' position on a throttle I wouldn't take this guy too seriously ;)
You know Bernt, this poor guy is pretty upset - and I do understand.Carenado comes up with really nice aircraft, but leaves little problems "unfixed" - in somecases over several releases. The Baron is actually an improvement over previous aircraft,so I hope this trend continues!If you fly the same aircraft a lot, you do notice things that either work right, or not. We can disagree about what is "essential" vs nice to have, but Carenado does not engage in anydiscussion on their support forum (this forum) and we, the users, are left to wonder and hopethat our feedback will be acted upon.Other vendors choose to engage with their users and that way, at least you know where you stand..

Bert

This may not change anything in the conversation, but I think my example shows that the GPSdoes switch to GPS mode (as evidenced by the default HSI correctly showing the CDI).For some reason (I suspect this will be easy to fix) the Carenado HSI shows the VOR1 CDI signal,rather than the HSI CDI signal. I've sent a note off to Carenado with this, I hope theycorrect it in Service release 2 (or re-issue SR 1). :(
I've emailed him several times about this with a few different planes. It has never beeen fixed.

I think it says a lot about 'pager94' when he complains about a 'the' typo from Carenado but himself1.) constantly writes Barron2.) complains that: 'Then try to move the throttle into the "feathered" position, the throttle lever doesn't move into the feathered position it just stays at idle.As I've e.g. never seen a 'feathered' position on a throttle I wouldn't take this guy too seriously ;)
The obvious point I was trying to make was that as the founder of a company (Carenado) makeing spelling mistakes in his support forum heading for B58 is an exact mirror image of problems with his products that Carenado sells.The throttles on my service packed version of Carrendo "Baron" don't move into the feathered position they stop at idle.With your logic I guess this shouldn't be taken to seriously either, as functional Twin aircraft has this properly modeled (e.g. PMDG JS 4100 or RealAir Duke II Turbine, this aircraft function properly as they should and are advertised).

Guest bstolle
The throttles on my service packed version of Carrendo "Baron" don't move into the feathered position they stop at idle.
Is Carrenado the same company as Carenado ?Please tell me which plane has throttles that have a 'feather' positionFor sure the real Baron doesn't have thatAnd no, not even the Duke nor the Jetstream have that position.I really don't know what you are talking about ???

Is Carrenado the same company as Carenado ?Please tell me which plane has throttles that have a 'feather' positionFor sure the real Baron doesn't have thatAnd no, not even the Duke nor the Jetstream have that position.I really don't know what you are talking about ???
Single Engine op'sI think what he means is you can't move the "Prop Levers" into a feathered position on the "Throttle Quadrant?"But Barons' do have feather-able props....

Guest bstolle
Single Engine op'sI think what he means is you can't move the "Prop Levers" into a feathered position on the "Throttle Quadrant?"But Barons' do have feather-able props....
....and they do feather on the Carenado Baron

Thanks Bert, I stand corrected.

... However, the fact remains that products are released that are non-functonal. ...
No. The fact remains the functional products are released that are not perfect. That is a fact of life that you will have to get used to sooner or later. Try starting your engines in LevelD on FSX and tell me what happens your FMC data? If you are emailing Carenado to scream at them that "The throttles on my service packed version of Carrendo "Baron" don't move into the feathered position they stop at idle." you should expect your mails to be ignored. Your throttles did not move to feather position before the service patch either because throttles do not have a feather position. Condition levers do. I am sorry and I know you find this frustrating, but you can not expect to be taken seriously when you are ranting AND factually incorrect. If you think something is not right, first confirm why you think it is wrong, then try to describe it in a way other people can see what you are seeing, and finally, say what you think it should do and why you think that. Do not exagerate. Do not threaten. Do not get emotional. They just give people reasons to ignore or dismiss you and do not help get the problem solved. Bert has shown you the almost perfect trouble report. He took your HSI issue and he was able do say "Here is a picture showing what I think is wrong and this is how to reproduce it. This is what I think it should do and why I think it should do it." Carenado can now look at the evidence and say, for example, the HSI modeled in this aircraft is the Acme model X which does not have this feature, or they can say, "thank you, well spotted" and they have everything they need to find the cause of the problem, fix it and test it.

My bad guys. I ment the Prop/Condition levers don't move into the feathered position. Stupid me..... :( Additionally, when an engine is stopped the prop stops moving, yet again because of the lack of feathering functionallity the prop blades can't be moved into a feathered position thus drag is increased on single engine performance.Neather the props or mixture are properly done in the Carendo twins. They don't function properly when leaned and/or sensitivity leaning is poorly modeled.Another chronic problem is engine intake icing. I don't understand how of all Carenado's planes that are powered by fuel injection chronicly loose power, regardless of altitude / weather, and when the carb heat (which doesn't exist on fuel injected planes) restores engine power. This is another chonic problem added to the long list.......Chronic lose of power due to engine icing (and then restored by carb-heat) in fuel injected aircraft is a fundamental functionality problem. It's pretty aweful......However, new planes with numberous new and old fundamental functionality problems will continue to be released at a fast pace without correcting previous problems..... :( The airframes do like nice though generally.Cheers,BB

Bert has shown you the almost perfect trouble report. He took your HSI issue and he was able do say "Here is a picture showing what I think is wrong and this is how to reproduce it. This is what I think it should do and why I think it should do it." Carenado can now look at the evidence and say, for example, the HSI modeled in this aircraft is the Acme model X which does not have this feature, or they can say, "thank you, well spotted" and they have everything they need to find the cause of the problem, fix it and test it.
Carendo is not engaging this forum or responding in an effective manner to anyone's complaints. He doesn't care. Unless he gets a 50+ private emails about a squak he will not fix it. That is why numberous fundamental functionality problems will continue to exist as they have for many release. Yet, New poor quality new planes will continue to be released and sold every couple months as long as people spend the money. I've emailed several times over the last year or two about icing, autopilot, HSI connection issues. None have been correct with several different aircraft releases. The bottom line he is Carenado is here to make a QUICK buck with absolutely minimal investment and work. He will continue to expand into X-Plane and make multiple FSX planes that don't work at the same time and when FLIGHT is release he will expand into this.Unfortunately for the avid simmer, the product quality have taken an abysmal turn.Just my observations and thoughts.I'm off to fly my Real Air Duke II Turbine, engines won't ice up and I won't get lost due to numerous panel problems.Best Regards,BB

Guest bstolle
My bad guys. I ment the Prop/Condition levers don't move into the feathered position. Additionally, when an engine is stopped the prop stops moving, yet again because of the lack of feathering functionallity the prop blades can't be moved into a feathered position thus drag is increased on single engine performance.Chronic lose of power due to engine icing (and then restored by carb-heat) in fuel injected aircraft is a fundamental functionality problem. It's pretty aweful......
Maybe due to your lever mixup you've even tried to feather the props with throttle, and that's why it doesn't work because in my Baron feathering (as mentioned already which you care to simly ignore) works.Have you tried feathering the prop with the keyboard command as sometimes the last neccessary inch of travel with the VC lever isn't really reached?icing on fuel injected planes is an FSX problem so the designer has to cheat by enabling carb heat during the plane loading.BTW, 'he', Carenado is a company

Carendo is not engaging this forum or responding in an effective manner to anyone's complaints. He doesn't care.
Are you surprised? Some of the rants on this forum have been quite vile, bordering on personal attacks.
Unless he gets a 50+ private emails about a squak he will not fix it.
What on earth do you base that assertion on? Did you send them 50+ emails about your "throttle" issue? Have you sent one apologising for your earlier mails yet?
That is why numberous fundamental functionality problems will continue to exist as they have for many release. Yet, New poor quality new planes will continue to be released and sold every couple months as long as people spend the money. I've emailed several times over the last year or two about icing, autopilot, HSI connection issues. None have been correct with several different aircraft releases.
Sorry dude, but you have not exactly demonstrated good judgement so far. Yes you have found some real and serious problems, such as the HSI issue, but you have reported them in a way that almost forces them to be dismissed. Anyone else mentioning the same issue without the depth and research that the likes of Bert can bring will be assumed to be repeating your rant. You have silently ignored or flatly contradicted anyone that doesn't see things they way you do. You have dragged up known FSX issues and tried to blame then on Carenado. In short, you have given quite a few people excuses to put you on their ignore lists. And worst of all, not one of those actions helped get a single problem solved. Thank you for that.
The bottom line he is Carenado is here to make a QUICK buck with absolutely minimal investment and work. He will continue to expand into X-Plane and make multiple FSX planes that don't work at the same time and when FLIGHT is release he will expand into this.
Of course they are. What did you think they were doing it for?
Unfortunately for the avid simmer, the product quality have taken an abysmal turn.
In your demonstratably poor opinion, perhaps. In my opinion, quality levels have remained consistent but patches are being turned around more quickly then before and new and varied models are being brought to market more quickley. Carenado are of a consistently higher standard then most other add on suppliers to the point where I believe most "avid simmers" would place them in the top five of producers that do multiple aircraft. I would personally like them higher still, but I am still more then happy to give them my money, and believe I get very good value for that money. Nobody is forcing you to give them yours.

I guess I'm talking to a die hard extreme Carenado loyalists.Excuses don't rectify overall poor product quality on top tier commercial add-ons.Though again I do generaly like Carenado external models.

Guest bstolle
I guess I'm talking to a die hard extreme Carenado loyalists.
Not at all. What kind of help do you expect from Carenado if you don't even answer the questions from people which are trying to help in troubleshooting? (e.g. feathering) It's difficult as you can't even name the correct parts in a cockpit.Just using copy & paste to put your complaints into other threads doesn't help either.

It sounds like Carendo is getting ready to release the Commander 114 alpha version.Hopefully by Barron Service Pack #4 some of the functionallity bugs will be corrected. Sorry guys for the ranting... This is unbelievable. I'm out of here until Carenado gets an AVSIM 5 Gold star award. :( Until then................................................................................................................................................................................................