Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Yes: It was an April Fools gag!

Captains-This is a "good news" and "bad news" post.For years we have made a habit of not sharing much information with you on release dates. So much so that we released the PMDG 747-400 in the middle of the night without any real warning. While we have moved away from that style of news blackout, we are very careful about giving you information on release dates because it seems that *something* always causes them to slide- which creates all manner of drama in the forum...Not 24 hrs ago I updated you to let you know that we are wrapping up the NGX for release. This afternoon I have been advised that Boeing is requesting we hold the NGX release temporarily. The reason for the hold is a bit unclear at this time, but the best information we have at this point is that Boeing legal needs to conduct a liability review, construct an applicable "Hold Harmless" agreement and modify the EULA that will come with the NGX at time of purchase. They estimate that this process may take 60-90 days, or up to 120 days at the WORST.I apologize profusely for the delay, but even more so for not "seeing this coming." (In which case I would have held my comments of last night...)Why is Boeing taking such an interest in the NGX release?(This is the good news portion of the commentary.) Six weeks ago, Boeing purchased a controlling share in PMDG.This purchase has been in the works since mid-summer 2010, and it is an absolutely fantastic development for simmers and for PMDG. The relationship that we have enjoyed with Boeing during the past four years has developed significantly during the past three years and PMDG will now be providing training tools, simulation products and rapid prototyping of new cockpit aircraft system simulations to support Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Boeing Technology Services and Boeing Field Engineering.This is obviously a tremendously exciting time for all of us here at PMDG, as we are seeing our roles rapidly develop and change as we look to the future.One thing that will change for the better is the quality of products that we are able to bring to you, the simmer.With unrivaled "in house" access to create simulations of "our airplanes" (We can say that now, since we have become "PMDG Simualtions, a Boeing Company." (does that sound cool, or what?!) we are going to bring greater realism to the simmer than has ever been provided prior to now.All of us at PMDG want to thank you for your support during the past twelve-plus years. It has been a long, but fun road to this point- and we are looking forward to what the future has in store!EDIT 01APR11 @ 1700 PDT: HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY! :( (This entire post was a gag... There are no new delays on the NGX... And here a few weeks ago someone accused us of not having a sense of humor... ahahahahah)Captain Robert S. RandazzoPMDG Simulations(NOT Boeing Company) <---- No really, we mean it this time. :-)http://www.precisionmanuals.com

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Wow.....I'm speechless. Great news for the PMDG team, but I'm a little heartbroken at the same time.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

Thanks for the update. Hope the lawyers work fast!This doesnt have anything to do with April 1st does it?

So looking on the bright side, does this mean when I submit my application to Hawaiian, I can put that I worked with Boeing? Big%20Grin.gif

Thanks for the update. Hope the lawyers work fast!This doesnt have anything to do with April 1st does it?
Robert isn't that mean...I think...:(

HA! One would hope so..

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! LOL This has to be an April Fools Joke.

...(This is the good news portion of the commentary.) Six weeks ago, Boeing purchased a controlling share in PMDG.
I actually thought this was going to happen. Its amazing how a big company is taking notice to such a small company :Applause:Now, maybe you guys could ask permission for an LCF paintkit? I asked a long time ago and the response was still going through Boeing.EDIT: Its throwing me off that Robert didn't use his normal sig. Maybe proof this is April fools?

I'm half way thinking this is april fools

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

I'm half way thinking this is april fools
Wouldn't that count as torturer under the rules of the Geneva Convention?

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

Hi,Here's one aspect of this new development/situation. "IF" and this is a tremendously huge "IF" Boeing has a controlling share in PMDG and this is not some April fools joke, they may keep the 737NGX for themselves and disallow any release to us simmers. :( B) This agreement (between Boeing & PMDG) may also remove PMDG from the flight sim market all together. :( :LMAO:Personally I don't buy it, Its an April fools joke. :( I just can't see Boeing (a multi-billion dollar company) getting involved with an extremely small company such as PMDG and/or Microsoft Flight Simulation.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Edited: Don't want to spoil the fun this April, so I'll edit this one. :( PMDG is a master at everything they do, good job.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Never in a million years did I think I'd be a Boeing employee, but here we are folks... this is going to be an adventure to say the least! I want a 787 ride!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Is this an April fools joke, cos if it is it's cruel and really plays with our emotions, But great to hear bout the boeing thing...

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I don't know if I should believe all or none of this.You got me. BTW, This was posted at 11:48pm, March 31st. I'm in California. :(

Chuck Biggins