Sign in to follow this  
VegaSS

IRIS Simulations = Bad Customer Service

Thanks Jim

I looked that that thread.

I am not in a position to talk about the quality of the Iris products. I accept that the bulk of the customers are most likely satisfied with the products.  

It was the customer service/communication aspect which I was evaluating (since my earlier post I have visited the Iris forum and looked at the sections for the aircraft other than the one I purchased and it is interesting to see how many product issues/queries remain not responded to after several months).

The thread you provided the link to appears to have only two posts which reflect posters resorting to Iris for help.

Post #32 is Mike's. We know his view.

Post #30 says "The Iris forum always shows an error, always. It is useless.". To be fair, it is unclear whether the relationship between "it" and "useless" refers to the Iris forum or to the auto-pilot about which the poster was talking.

Gary

Apparently their service hasn't improved in the years after this thread was started. Not a bit.

3 days ago I bought their new Pilatus PC-24 biz jet via Simmarket, downloaded and installed it. After i opened FSX Acceleration, the plane doesn't show how it should. In the preview pane it shows like some vague contours and on the runway I can only see a black plane. Cockpit is just a black page.

I opened a ticket on Saturday. we are now Monday afternoon 16:53 Melbourne time where IRIS is located and I haven't even gotten any response from them.

Needless to say that I'm more than disappointed.

Apparently their service hasn't improved in the years after this thread was started. Not a bit.

3 days ago I bought their new Pilatus PC-24 biz jet via Simmarket, downloaded and installed it. After i opened FSX Acceleration, the plane doesn't show how it should. In the preview pane it shows like some vague contours and on the runway I can only see a black plane. Cockpit is just a black page.

I opened a ticket on Saturday. we are now Monday afternoon 16:53 Melbourne time where IRIS is located and I haven't even gotten any response from them.

Needless to say that I'm more than disappointed.

Not saying it will necessarily provide a solution to your problem, but it is always worth an attempt at uninstall/reinstall or uninstall/redownload/reinstall new download when this happens with any new aircraft addon.

Bill

Apparently their service hasn't improved in the years after this thread was started.

I can't speak about years ago but I have contacted IRIS support twice since buying the Pilatus on 9-1-16. Got replies both times and was informed this morning of a new build available on their website and also sent to SimMarket.

There's no way to tell if the new version is available for download at SimMarket. (Do they inform customers of updates?)

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe