Sign in to follow this  
dongkiyu

Sound problem

Hello everyone, why dose the human voice sounds one way (sounds like there is echo,not natural at all) when the fs2crew panel is opened in the sim, but it sounds quite another way(there is no echo, and is natural) when the fs2crew panel is closed?I'm not using headset and the headset device list is empty. The option related to headset is not selected.I'm using WindowsXP SP3 32bit.THANKS!

Hello everyone, why dose the human voice sounds one way (sounds like there is echo,not natural at all) when the fs2crew panel is opened in the sim, but it sounds quite another way(there is no echo, and is natural) when the fs2crew panel is closed?I'm not using headset and the headset device list is empty. The option related to headset is not selected.I'm using WindowsXP SP3 32bit.THANKS!
Hi,I have no idea. You might want to dump XP and switch to Win 7.XP is how old now?

The only thing I experience is that sound is of "normal" volume when FS2C panel is opened, while as when the panel is closed, the volume of all FS2C voices is suddenly lower, but it still can be heard well. No sound distortion of any kind.And dump XP for running FS9? Why? Everything has been working well for me ever since, I am sure I would bump into some installation problems at least on Win7, with all the additional programs I use with FS9. Plus, I doubt it is XP what is responsible for dongkiyu's problem.

I just attempted to reproduce this on my machine.As expected, the sound level was exactly the same whether the FS2Crew Main Panel was opened or closed.Theoretically, it should make no difference anyway because once you open the FS2Crew Main Panel, it's loaded into memory. Closing the panel just 'hides' it. The gauge is still running until you exit the sim.As for XP... I know what you're saying, but I recommend everyone get Win 7 regardless just to be current, and because Win 7 is pretty good.And if you're a non-English speaker, I recommend getting an English version of Windows 7 just so you can have an easier time using the SAPI Speech Recognition system used with FS2Crew voice products; for that, your speech recognizer language setting needs to be set to English - US.Cheers,