Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Ifly 737 fsx

Was I dreaming or did I see a thread a few weeks ago stating the ifly 737 was to be released on April 8th? Can't remember if I saw it here or not, maby its just wishful thinking. Im sure there would be much more of a buzz around the community if this were true.

same site has changed release date. it shows may 30. sorry

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Those are usually just guesses done by sites that may carry a boxed version. It usually has nothing to do with the reality of the product. Always get release info direct from the publishers when it comes to release planning.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Wondering how it will compare to the NGX.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I wonder if either developer is feeling any pressure to get it out, I'm sure ifly would like to get it out first just because they are newer to the payware market, But PMDG might be concerned as well because it could scoop up those potential buyers that are unfamiliar with their brand. Should be interesting.@Steve I just went to the ifly forums today, should have started there first, Good luck with the release, looking forward to it.

Well that's good news it's in beta, PMDG is still not.What version of the 737 will there be? All the NG models and with and without winglets and eyebrows?

Well that's good news it's in beta, PMDG is still not.What version of the 737 will there be? All the NG models and with and without winglets and eyebrows?
HelloAll of the NG's inc BBJ's The config tool lets you select engine rating and turn on/off winglets and eyebrows also the choice between Honeywell or Collins MCP.

You won't be disappointed. I know alot of people are waiting on PMDGs version, but all I can say is they better bring there "A" game if they want to impress. iFLY looks like they are taking no prisoners on this one.

Oh I have no doubt the PMDG will be far and away the best addon ever, I just can't wait this long. it's ridiculous. There is no good short range jet between regionals and the 757

.. iFLY looks like they are taking no prisoners on this one.
PMDG has been saying the same :( I dont think its any secret which one will be the best one as far as accuracy and complexity of the systems modeled since PMDG is working with Boeing on it, but it depends on who is willing to wait for the PMDG version to release. I'm sure the iFly will overall be a great bird, but if your looking for one that is like a "study" sim version, the PMDG will probably be the way to go. From what I have read on their forum and the depth at which some stuff will be modeled, I think the PMDG might actually end up being way to complex for some users. Because of this, I can only imagine all the "bug reports" in the forum when it releases because of how intricately modeled it is and a lot of users not knowing how to fly it properly.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Oh I have no doubt the PMDG will be far and away the best addon ever, I just can't wait this long. it's ridiculous. There is no good short range jet between regionals and the 757
+1

supporter.jpg

Oh I have no doubt the PMDG will be far and away the best addon ever, I just can't wait this long. it's ridiculous. There is no good short range jet between regionals and the 757 Level-D 767
Fixed it for you.Actally there's no good regional jets either... :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I'm a fan of PMDG and I own PMDG's J41 and MD-11 for FSX and their 737 and B1900 for FS9. However, if the iFly's frame rates are significantly better than the frame rates for the NGX, I'll probably get the iFly. From all the rave reviews of the IFly, I think it will have enough system depth and options to make me happy and I suspect it will be better value for money (in terms of the price per variant in the package). While I like where PMDG went graphically with the J41, for a turboprop with less systems I think the frame rate performance is pretty ordinary. I have some reservations about where the NGX frame rates will end up, and I doubt that it will perform as well as the MD-11 in that regard.