Sign in to follow this  
raymar

KSFO - FlightBeam's entry in the major airport scenery mix

Short and sweet review. Real short but covers the basics.Has the Jetway movement been patched yet? In answer to the questions posed by the writer - Yes, moving jetways actually is an important item with a add-on scenery package for a major airport. I don't think most simmers purchase these type add-ons for their J-3 cub or Carenado Cessnas. I think they use airliners and airliners tend to use gates.Looks like a nice improvement over the default. I wish the review was a little longer with more depth and more screenshots in different weather conditions.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Guest acezboy561

Hi Ray-Im not sure if you noticed, but I did begin to repeat myself in the review. I did try to stretch it out as far as possible, but I do agree, it is a bit shorter then I was hoping but I do believe I went over 90% of the features in this airport. Regarding this comment;

In answer to the questions posed by the writer - Yes, moving jetways actually is an important item with a add-on scenery package for a major airport. I don't think most simmers purchase these type add-ons for their J-3 cub or Carenado Cessnas. I think they use airliners and airliners tend to use gates.
Im not 100% sure what you mean, I did metion that the jetways should move even without AES, it should be a given feature - I actually feel very strongly about this. Also regarding weather conditions - if it rains, it rains - there is no impact on the scenery, if it snows - thats the same concept, but FSX limitations suggest that you could be in summer and have winter wonderland on and it will not have snow on the taxiways. I think that your asking is, is about the seasons - I actually didn't go over this, I will do that sometime today and send it off to Robert again.Ideally, I wish my scenery reviews similar to my review of FlyTampa's KBUF.http://www.avsim.com/pages/1210/FlyTampa2/Buffalo.htmlI know you wish it was a bit longer - so email me at my AVSIM email with anything you believe I missed in the review, and I will get that done within the next 24 hours okay?Thanks for your feedback Ray, much appericated!

Hi Ray-Im not sure if you noticed, but I did begin to repeat myself in the review. I did try to stretch it out as far as possible, but I do agree, it is a bit shorter then I was hoping but I do believe I went over 90% of the features in this airport. Regarding this comment;Im not 100% sure what you mean, I did metion that the jetways should move even without AES, it should be a given feature - I actually feel very strongly about this. Also regarding weather conditions - if it rains, it rains - there is no impact on the scenery, if it snows - thats the same concept, but FSX limitations suggest that you could be in summer and have winter wonderland on and it will not have snow on the taxiways. I think that your asking is, is about the seasons - I actually didn't go over this, I will do that sometime today and send it off to Robert again.Ideally, I wish my scenery reviews similar to my review of FlyTampa's KBUF.http://www.avsim.com...a2/Buffalo.htmlI know you wish it was a bit longer - so email me at my AVSIM email with anything you believe I missed in the review, and I will get that done within the next 24 hours okay?Thanks for your feedback Ray, much appericated!
Thanks for the update. Yes, I was looking to see what the various seasons looked like. Also, has a patch been issued to correct the Jetways not working? This seems to be a glitch with several premium airport scenery packages. Don't worry about the length of the review, heck, mine are so long, folks fall asleep reading them.Ray

Guest acezboy561

As Mir said on the FlightBeam forums:

Animated jetways are part of the AES implementation. In the current version they are static.

Hi Ray-Im not sure if you noticed, but I did begin to repeat myself in the review. I did try to stretch it out as far as possible, but I do agree, it is a bit shorter then I was hoping but I do believe I went over 90% of the features in this airport. Regarding this comment;Im not 100% sure what you mean, I did metion that the jetways should move even without AES, it should be a given feature - I actually feel very strongly about this. Also regarding weather conditions - if it rains, it rains - there is no impact on the scenery, if it snows - thats the same concept, but FSX limitations suggest that you could be in summer and have winter wonderland on and it will not have snow on the taxiways. I think that your asking is, is about the seasons - I actually didn't go over this, I will do that sometime today and send it off to Robert again.Ideally, I wish my scenery reviews similar to my review of FlyTampa's KBUF.http://www.avsim.com/pages/1210/FlyTampa2/Buffalo.htmlI know you wish it was a bit longer - so email me at my AVSIM email with anything you believe I missed in the review, and I will get that done within the next 24 hours okay?Thanks for your feedback Ray, much appericated!
I agree with you about the Jetways, but I don't know what your concern is about the lack of snow effects? Since it normally doesn't snow in San Francisco, it shouldn't be an issue!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I don't have a problem with any of it. I was just interested in seeing what the different seasons looked like and if they had fixed the jetways. I could always install it and look at it for 5 minutes at a time, but I'm busy with other things right now. Thanks.Ray

Guest acezboy561

Tom-I was using that as an example, if I set the weather to Winter Wonderload it will have no affect on the scenery - your right it isn't an issue anyway if it doesnt snow in San Fan.

Guest acezboy561

KSFO v2 was released guys, and boy does it look great!