Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

Aerosoft/4X Katana being prepped for release

Aerosoft just announced that Marcel Felde has delivered the RC of the new 4X Katana and they're now prepping the installers. No word yet on release date but looks like it won't be long. Announcement HERE.

Good news! Thanks, Alan. Been waiting for this one quite some time to fill some GA gap in my hangar. Not too fast, not too slow and some fancy avionics available when using the RXP gauges.Also, one really has to praise those little details Marcel Felde goes for. I'm still using the fairly old DO27 from this former team which shows quite some class and features.

Guest acezboy561

You guys are in for a treat! This aircraft is beautiful - onpar if not better than the A2A Accusim stuff!!!

Behave, it's not released yet. Big%20Grin.gif But I'm sure it will show some class and it seems like a good buy too. Different plane category as the A2A titles.By the way, nice signature of yours. I like the artwork and the colors, looks pretty cool.

You guys are in for a treat! This aircraft is beautiful - onpar if not better than the A2A Accusim stuff!!!
Not to put you on the spot or anything but I get the sense you're speaking from experience. No need to confirm or deny - I'm sure we'll all be able to try her out soon enough.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So...how is it?
Am still printing and reading manuals... plus trying to get some work done. This hit earlier than I thought it would. Frustrating to have it on the FSX computer just behind me. Will report if I can get to it, but would be happy to hear from anyone who's been able to get to it first...

Very nice little airplane!It installed without a hitch and has a ton of options, more than I've seen for an aircraft of this category.Obviously, I haven't had a chance to fly it a lot but I did want to get some screenshots posted. I'm usingthe RXP GNS530 option, as you can see. Works great and looks good with the "built-in" 3D buttons.I'm flying around Orbx's Concrete, WA (3W5)fsx2011042112073466.th.pngfsx2011042112192782.th.pngfsx2011042112105089.th.pngfsx2011042112120341.th.png

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

Already flying? :Shocked:I'm in the shop now, ordering, downloading, testing. Thanks for the HU once again.

If you don't own the RXP GNS530W be prepared for a possible CTD upon loading.I found the sim calling for a the GNS gauge in the panel cfg and it was crashing FSX before I could even get in the planeIf you have the same problem do a search (find) in the panel.cfg for "RXP"Simply comment out that line with two // (slashes) and you're good to go!1-8.jpg2-5.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm just doing an inspection now, later cleaning her before starting to flight.So all guys already flying did not inspect her which is irresponsible of course. Big%20Grin.gif Once again, Marcel Felde proved that he's up for details on "easy" planes. What a treat indeed!Only downside, charging the batteries takes 12h hours in the sim, so leave the system running overnight to get full ones. :Silly:I'm missing the RXP popup though. The gauge works but the panel.cfg doesn't offer a popup. Seems like a point for tweaking her.

You could probably run the RXP config program - it may add the popup.Is anyone able to access the pre-flight/maintenance/instructor windows via the main popup (shift 3)?The only one I can open is the settings window.Nevermind... the plane has to be off for that.See I don't know all these things without the manual that's not included lol! Most people probably owned the original version :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Yes, you are right, that popup shouldn't be a problem there. The VC integration is fine though.Find the manuals here \Aerosoft\Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4X, there are some. I think the instructor part only opens when the plane itself is run in "instructor" mode. So being "realistic" avoids the opening then.I wonder if they implement some remote instructor panel then, so that you can fly some sort of multicrew where one guy triggers some events on a remote PC. From the idea, this would just be some refinement of the current instructor part.I was actually impressed about the low price of the thing. Seeing the model itself, those really sharp textures and the tons of systems simulated, I was expecting some more money. So a real bargain so far. The framerates are excellent too.Just took off and, coming from the Turbine Duke, this thing is just darn slow. Just%20Kidding.gifPlenty of time to discover all the systems and the easter-eggs around.Now, this Katana was done twice by Marcel Felde and A. Metzger since they already hat one to offer as Digital Aviation Katana. Knowing the older thing and seeing this one, there's no doubt that "the same bird done twice" really makes sense. What a evolution indeed! I think that there may come in some user inputs and bug reports now, so that 1.1 will be a perfect thing to buy for the boxed buyers.For example, are these holes a bug or a feature? Don't know the real Katana Canopy and I've closed the virtual one properly, I guess. Otherwise I will soon discover if it's really closed. Switching back to nicer scenery now.hole.th.jpghole2t.th.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

WOW this thing is realistic! I just depart VFR to TPA and I thought I was flying south (looking at DG, but I was flying east) LOLI forgot to adjust the DH to the mag compass

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |