Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

Aerosoft/4X Katana being prepped for release

Haha, same mistake here on my end. Just as I had read your statement I looked at the sim and saw that I had to calibrate the thing too. LOL.gifBut I think they've used that on some Digital Aviation planes before, the Do27 had that feature too. As said, one has to expect such neat details on the guy's planes. Sort of A2A style on another type of plane.Edited: You were right, that RXP utility added the popup of the GNS530 with two clicks. No need to do some manual panel edits.

Jeeese this thing is so realistic I'm actually getting frusterated with it LOL!Engine quit on short final due to low (ie zero) oil pressure, not to mention it leaked over my windscreen. Now I can't figure out how to get her running again. I replaced the oil.edit: nm looks like I need a new engine HAHA! And it takes some time!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I hope they don't simulate "the environment bill". Quick, get that oil off the plane or they'll track the pollution culprit down. :Silly:The fact that the cleaning of the plane gets simulated too just raised my hat.

I won't be able to buy it until next Friday but fortunately I have you guys to give me big bear hugs and hot cocoa and kind words of wisdom and patience.

Fascinating thing about this one and e. g. all the A2A titles is the fact that they clearly show your bad (flight sim) habits. Check the oil, look for that trim tab, care about that coolant level? It's just the sim!Now, these things are simulated (in some detail) and if you forget to check, the next check will be in the air, for your skills to land a broken plane. Nice touch.There's a thing that puzzles me. The night lighting is quite weak (I don't know the real plane, so no complaining here), so after you turn it on, you will surely be distracted by the still present "darkness". Instruments aren't backlit, but there's a flood light which is adjustable, no simple on/off.Now, after some minutes, this too dark impression seems to fade and everything is lit up ok, very usable. So wait for the first impression to fade away and keep on going.Since I own some other planes where this effect of establishing a nice lighting doesn't take place and always stays somehow wrong, I've mentioned it here. A big pro in my eyes, very atmospheric.But I expect some wishes to come up on the aircraft external lights. They illuminate the scene, but seem to build up a constant haze layer which then gets illuminated too at some angles. Hard to explain, sorry.There are some light options in the settings dialogue, but those nice nonstandard lights seem to have this side-effect.

I'm having issues with my pitot-static system. The airspeed and vsi indicators don't show anything. I even turned the plane back to simple mode and still no indication. What am I missing?The mechanical inspection picked up no problems...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I had two "inspect me" items there, one was the pitot tube cover and the other one that stall warning thingy (nice sound by the way, you can trigger it). Maybe something still is there but shouldn't be.Look for the left wing and the blue boxes there on the walkaround check.

Yeah I clicked the other blue box and it didn't do anything.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

So you have a "checked" in that upper right list for stall and pitot?checka.th.jpgIf so, I don't have any other clue, sorry. You can exchange Instruments on that Workshop screen then. Maybe it helps.Told you to be careful with the new bird, now look at you! LOL.gifMust admit, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all that check/service/workshop phraseology. For me, some items are doubled in a way, but I've only scrolled through the manuals so far and clicked everywhere I could in the plane.As said, tons to explore although just being a simple GA plane.

Yeah it's checked... oh well I just set it up for realistic mode again, fixed everything, and then it was fine.Also, I'm having trouble cleaning my plane. It says to drag the wet sponge over to the part you want to clean... but my yellow sponge won't go any farther right than shown here.Also, is the splatters and dead bugs/oil supposed to come off the canopy as you wipe?cleaning.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ah, you want to get rid of that oil now. Big%20Grin.gifI think the system works like this. Get some water, drop that sponge to make it wet, if it is wet, leave it there and just use the mouse on the aircraft parts now to clean. So the sponge stays there, dripping wet, you just use the normal mouse "hand" to clean the plane.I haven't tried much cleaning so far. Only once, but the plane was clean then, so I didn't see any dirt coming off.I will try some cleaning later and test my assumptions. At least, that vacuum doesn't move, so cleaning with him works as described, with the mouse pointer only (if the thing is turned on).

Ahhh, yep, you just use the mouse cursor as a sponge and the water will be depleted. The dirt and grime actually comes off the canopy in front of your eyes so that's cool.I'm having some serious issues keeping my oil pressure up and oil temp in the green arc. I've already replaced two engines LOL!Is there a best operating practice for this thing? Right after departure I pull the blue prop knob back to 2200rpm (manual says 2236 is max for climb/cruise etc), but leave the throttle max. Do I need to pull that back as well?This stuff should be fundamental but it's been over 7 yrs since I logged time in the Warrior.... :(

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Two engines? :Shocked:So far I was lucky, but I was testing more than actually flying. I mainly went with the same technique as on the A2A Spitfire, which really starts to hate the pilot if he don't watches the rpm and the demanded power, concerning temperatures. Can't say if that's a good thing to do, but I took the rpm well below those 2250, down to 1900 or so. MP was roughly 25, but, as said, only did a couple of pattern rounds at low altitude.Do those tables in the performance section help you then?I've just printed out the manuals. Printers won't like them since there's some big coloured strip on every page. But the contents look very professional and useful so far.

There are two things still puzzling me.First, I just can't find that Structural Temperatur Indicator. The manual states that I have to look somewhere between the seats or something but so far I wasn't successful. Can't find any clickspot or indicator there.The other thing is that tow bar. Moving left, right or rewards works fine, but as soon as I start to move forward, I only have the option to sit still or to "throw" my little plane around. No kidding, it really gets a kick from that bar, quite some groundspeed then.Moving the mouse a bit slower, in another angle or as careful as possible doesn't help. Any tips? :(

Is there a best operating practice for this thing? Right after departure I pull the blue prop knob back to 2200rpm (manual says 2236 is max for climb/cruise etc), but leave the throttle max. Do I need to pull that back as well?
Always reduce throttle before reducing prop RPM. And in reverse order, increase prop RPM before increasing throttle.-Al