Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

Aerosoft/4X Katana being prepped for release

Haha, I've just recognized some fly in my cockpit (roaming around the throttle section). I could click her, so I did. Poor thing. Black%20Eye.gif

There are two things still puzzling me.First, I just can't find that Structural Temperatur Indicator. The manual states that I have to look somewhere between the seats or something but so far I wasn't successful. Can't find any clickspot or indicator there.The other thing is that tow bar. Moving left, right or rewards works fine, but as soon as I start to move forward, I only have the option to sit still or to "throw" my little plane around. No kidding, it really gets a kick from that bar, quite some groundspeed then.Moving the mouse a bit slower, in another angle or as careful as possible doesn't help. Any tips? :(
I also noticed the towbar behavior. I was thrown clear across the airport before I stopped whatever I was doing to make me move. Along the same line, I was having trouble getting to towbar off although I was sure I was right-clicking in the proper location. There may be some subtleties about the airplane that I haven't picked up on yet or maybe a bit of tweaking needs to be done but it's still a fun little bird.

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

I also noticed the towbar behavior.
Yeah me too, I ripped my canopy off the frame by flinging my plane across the ramp LOL!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Maybe the towbar is a device to force some mid air start, who knows? I've tried once again to move the plane gently forward. Failed. :blush:But I had my first "forget item". I did get some power out of the engine, but the GEN warning came up at all stages of the rpm range and I didn't get some satisfactory power output, no matter what. So I remained in the taxi and runup check stage, didn't want to try a takeoff and was looking for the cause.Finally found it, I've left the tank open after my refueling and fuel checking. Darn, beginner's mistake, isn't it?

Maybe the towbar is a device to force some mid air start, who knows? I've tried once again to move the plane gently forward. Failed. :blush:But I had my first "forget item". I did get some power out of the engine, but the GEN warning came up at all stages of the rpm range and I didn't get some satisfactory power output, no matter what. So I remained in the taxi and runup check stage, didn't want to try a takeoff and was looking for the cause.Finally found it, I've left the tank open after my refueling and fuel checking. Darn, beginner's mistake, isn't it?
This plane makes you work to fly it haha! Flying the katana makes you think of all the things you take for granted with normal addons. Heck, I run the Duke redlined all the time (they do have the engine sim panel though hehe, but I disabled it). Maybe I'll start flying more realistically.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Good idea, Ryan. Just got my first engine failure after going for too high rpm (I was in the kitchen, just trimmed her somehow stable and forgot about this setting).Here's a thing I'm missing on the Katana, just because it shows so much fidelity at all the other details: VC rain effects. :unsure:Does anybody agree there or am I the only one really liking the raindrops on e. g. the Duke or Ant's Sierra. Missing them in all A2A planes though.I'm a typical customer, always wanting more from the devs. Big%20Grin.gif

Good idea, Ryan. Just got my first engine failure after going for too high rpm (I was in the kitchen, just trimmed her somehow stable and forgot about this setting).Here's a thing I'm missing on the Katana, just because it shows so much fidelity at all the other details: VC rain effects. :unsure:Does anybody agree there or am I the only one really liking the raindrops on e. g. the Duke or Ant's Sierra. Missing them in all A2A planes though.I'm a typical customer, always wanting more from the devs. Big%20Grin.gif
Looks you guys have fun with a great little amazing add on :-)

André

Yeah the VC rain would be nice, and lotus lights too, but I can't complain considering the pricepoint and features we already get ;)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

You can bet, having tons of fun here.And Ryan is right, the price point just seems too low for all those details and the quality given. I'm thinking about buying her again, just to support the team there. Big%20Grin.gifHad my first few items to exchange now and I expect some critics about the actual time it takes to come up soon. Exchanging one (After you e. g. did the inspection, which takes some time too) isn't a big thing, but the second one will come in long for the sim pilot, sitting there, watching the progress bar.Inspection showed that something on the Inlet Baffle wasn't right and suggested a change. Now, if I had one installed I would understand this suggestion.But, hey, don't read these reports in the wrong way. As said, pure fun and enjoyment and I saw the dev over at the Aerosoft forum to be busy answering all the questions, so top notch support so far. They've already mentioned that "rocket" tow bar for example, so the first fixes are surely coming up soon.I'm still looking for that mentioned Structural Temperatur Indicator and the oil indicators puzzle me. Where are the markings for "full" and when does the thing show a "too full" then? The manual speaks about markings.The fuel indicator was easy, but the oil one isn't understood by me so far. I always used less than 100% oil volume there so far, like on a car.Saving settings seems to forget about my radio preference, the rest is saved nicely. I'm using the standard radios (switching them with extra hardware, so those neat extra features sadly have to be dropped), but every time I reload the sim (fresh start) I'm back to "complex" (radios). But only takes a click to set them up right. As said, still much to discover and I think that most stuff will be a clear user error of mine. :blush:Is anybody able to get some Course Deviation to show when tuning a valid VOR? I can see the From/To indication when changing the OBS on the CDI, but the needles are always centered and I'm not using the GPS to drive them.I'm still impressed about the optics and the feel of the thing. I liked the Ant's Sierra before (still do), but this thing sets a new standard in this category.

In my eyes, there is a chance to enable the RXP 430 units too while maintaining a logical and realistic setup.Currently, if you're using the GNS530 unit, you have the COM and NAV freqs build in the GPS, so the COM unit of the plane is obsolete since the thing only has NAV1/COM1. Now, if they would enable the 430 guys to exchange the COM unit of the plane with the RXP gauge, the thing would still look nice and it would have the nice RXP GPS.For all 530+430 owners some twin setup would also fit. The space in the panel is there, the 430 "place" just is filled with the current COM/NAV radio, getting replaced by any RXP unit. There also is some plate to allow adjustments.rxpy.th.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.usI think if we beg them, we could get some more 3D model templates (very innovative switching there by the way, this stuff works on the fly) for single 430, twin 430 and 530+430.Have to set up all my stuff in their forums later I think. But if anybody supports one or two mentioned items, feel free to drop the devs a line in their forums.

What are your guys' night lights like?Mine look pretty bad when it's actually night time, hard to see panel. I swear I saw some nice blue instrument lights in one of Nick C's post at aerosoft forumskatanannight.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

You have some dim switch for the flood lights, left of the ASI. I had it turned up to 100% and was ok with the lighting then. Just wondering about the clock, I saw her lit on the screenshots but mine stayed as dark as yours.lights.jpgWatch that fly! Seems to increase the payload heavily. LOL.gifSee that nice lit clock there?katana021.th.jpg

You have some dim switch for the flood lights, left of the ASI. I had it turned up to 100% and was ok with the lighting then. Just wondering about the clock, I saw her lit on the screenshots but mine stayed as dark as yours.
Yeah I have the switch fully cranked to the right. Be sure to test at night (try midnight or something). Flying at dusk works fine as the variable knob produces enough light.Oh, my clock is pitch black.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I was flying at night (set by FSX menu), pitch black surrounding, some lit roads beneath me and those panel lights, very nice after some 2 minutes or so. Don't get me wrong, only the main instruments and some parts of the engine ones were lit, the RXP had to be dimmed down quite a bit.Maybe the gamma setting or any ENB mod influences the whole effect. Had some ENB problems on other planes when doing some night flights.That clock stays a mystery, can't find some special clock thing in the manuals, so maybe some textures didn't make it into final while the shots show beta lighting. Just guessing though.My clock is dark too, this lit shot came from the Aerosoft page.

The 2 Da-20's at our flight school has GNS 430's in them. JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert