Sign in to follow this  
jfail

VoxATC - Ultimate Traffic 2 - Super Traffic Board

I use Ultimate Traffic 2, Super Traffic Board and Traffic X a lot.I keep reading about compatibility issues between voxATC and Ultimate Traffic2 on this forum. Some seem to have problems and others do not. Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to whether voxATC and Ultimate Traffic 2 are compatible with each other? Also, I use Nuance Naturally Speaking (Dragon) a lot for word processing, e-mail, etc. I wonder if there will be any compatibility issues between voxATC and Dragon?I sent an e-mail several days ago to the makers of voxATC asking about these issues and have yet to receive a reply.There is certainly a lot of information on this forum but I am a little concerned about the lack of an official support forum.Any input would be greatly appreciated.JohnMesa, Arizona

I would like an answer to this as well. My only concern is with UT2 as I don't use the other software you mention. I was able to to find some reports that it doesn't work with UT2 but version 6 does? I'm not willing to drop UT2 so if it does work with UT2 traffic then I would give Vox a try.

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

There already is a topic around where it was stated that an email to the support guys will lead to a small tool, enabling the UT2 support.The combination of VoxATC and UT2 works fine then. I'm using it here.

I run VoxATC 6.05 with UT2 and it is working great. well not 100% but almost 100%.VoxATC has a tool called UT2Bridge, that tools Import all the UT2 Traffic and paints to the VoxATCAI Engine for it to generate when it spawns the Traffic. The idea behind it is that any Traffic that are spawned into FSX rather it's a BGL method or other Methods like UT2 not through the VoxATC, the AI traffic would communicate only with the FSX built in ATC.To over come this matter VoxATC is the one that is responsible for spawning the AI traffic, that way it can control them as well without the dependencyof the FSX built in ATC.what you should do is Install the UT2Bridge tool (www.voxatc.net/UT2BridgeSetup.msi).After installation, go to your VoxATC folder (usually C:\Program Files\Internal Workings\VoxATC X) and run UT2Bridge.exeThat will start the conversion running. When it's finished close UT2 Bridge. You should now have traffic with UT2 aircraft.You should set the UT2 traffic volume to 0, or not even run it at all (You can disable the auto run of UT2 by editing the the EXE.XML file in the User Profile under the FSX folder, the same place where the fsx.cfg file is located).Now why did I say that it works on most of the things but not 100%.That is , the Bridge tool would import the traffic and paint and the flight plan of the AI, but there are two things you loos.1) You can't control in VoxATC the density of the AI traffic to be spawned based on how much GA traffic you like and how much Airliner traffic, like you have in the UT2 settings tool (also known as , Daily schedule and weekly schedule in UT2 tool)2) although it imports the planes and flight plan(s) of the AI Traffic, but it doesn't import or utilize the Schedule. i.e. if you at at an airport the traffic you would see is random as far as time table and not based on the schedule even though the plane would fly to it's destination, based on the UT2 Flight plan but just at the wrong time of the day.Personally it is something I am willing to live with.

• Upvote 1

Joel Strikovsky

Thanks Akila for the detailed reply. For me, the lack of density control and loss of UT2 schedules, is a deal breaker.

Thanks Akila for the detailed reply. For me, the lack of density control and loss of UT2 schedules, is a deal breaker.
You have density control in "%" but it is both for GA and Airliner AI as one (equally).

Joel Strikovsky

Hi,What do you mean loss of density? will the software use one of it own? I do not get this part.

Tom Link

Hi,What do you mean loss of density? will the software use one of it own? I do not get this part.
I believe he's referring to a single "traffic density" setting. VoxATC does not have separate GA and Airliner traffic levels.Then too, VoxATC has a "Max number of AC at an airport" setting, but I don't know if that's exposed via a GUI.

Another question. SO I understand that VOX ATC do not recognize plight plans - or times for carriers, however does it recognize carriers by country to appear at? For example, is it possible that I end up flying in Australia and regional carrier from Switzerland will appear?

Tom Link

Another question. SO I understand that VOX ATC do not recognize plight plans - or times for carriers, however does it recognize carriers by country to appear at? For example, is it possible that I end up flying in Australia and regional carrier from Switzerland will appear?
I am not sure how it does it, but the same carriers I see with UT2 appear also when VOXATC controls them. So plenty of KLM at Amsterdam and plenty of Lufthansa at Frankfurt etc. The schedule is not correct and the gates are not correct. For me the correct gates would be a welcome improvement. It looks a bit weird to see a Fokker 100 parked at a heavy gate.

VoxATC uses the The Flight plan but it would not use the Schedule(s) (read my post on this thread).

2) although it imports the planes and flight plan(s) of the AI Traffic, but it doesn't import or utilize the Schedule. i.e. if you at at an airport the traffic you would see is random as far as time table and not based on the schedule even though the plane would fly to it's destination, based on the UT2 Flight plan but just at the wrong time of the day.Personally it is something I am willing to live with.

Joel Strikovsky

The only thing I hope the developer adds soon is the ability to have traffic at more airports than just the filed departure and arrival airports. Nothing like doing a landing at a different airport that's a ghost town. Further, it makes for some pretty empty skies especially during flights.

Does MyTraffic 2010 work any differently with VoxATC? I'm more attracted to it since it has military traffic. However, I'm not sure if VoxATC does a better job working with UT2 than MyTraffic 2010 with AI. I've read in another post that the military traffic in MT2010 is not as good as what can be found in Military AI Works.

2) although it imports the planes and flight plan(s) of the AI Traffic, but it doesn't import or utilize the Schedule. i.e. if you at at an airport the traffic you would see is random as far as time table and not based on the schedule even though the plane would fly to it's destination, based on the UT2 Flight plan but just at the wrong time of the day.
Hi Akila, I just completed my second flight with Vox ATC from CAE4 (small grass strip) to CYWL (fairly small local airport).Everything was going smooth until arrival at CYWL. At first I got excited when I saw I was following a C172 on final approach but then I saw another one in front of it that had just landed and another one taking off, and another one in front of that climbing out, and another one lining up for take-off... you get the idea, there were about 10 planes all at once, landing, taking off, climbing out and running up...Madness for such a small airport. What did I do wrong that the traffic went mad on my arrival at my destination? Thanks for your help,Toby

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

I don't think you did anything wrong, it sounds like a fluke to me.did this happen to you number of times?

Joel Strikovsky