Sign in to follow this  
ErnstB

New install on Win7 does not work

I enjoyed this aircraft on WinXP 32bit.On my new PC with Win7 Prof 64bit installation works fine, but gauges on captain side never load, co-pilot gauges show. Dimming checked.Removing and new install v1.2 new with admin rights of exe files results in loading of the airac data base but no load of ac and weird behaviour of FS2004 in general. E.g. mouse pointer stays working = something keeps the PC hanging.Also the otherwise fine working iFly 737NG stops working and graphics seem to be corrupted.Thanks for any help.ErnstSystem should be capable or running this model: Asus P8P67 deLuxwe, i5 2500K, GTX-460 directCU 1024MB, 8GB Corsair RAM, Win7 Prof 64bit

Hello Ernst,I experienced similar issues on my new rig last week with gauges not working on some models including the Queen and on some default FSX aircraft but not others. Really weird :( , but I got it resolved thanks to the guys at PMDG.Unfortunately I had to start again from scratch and reload the OS, but I hadn't got too far. :( Also some other indicators that the Queen was not installed properly even though there were no install errors (but didn't realize at the time) were:-

• selecting the PMDG 747 aircraft for the first time, you should get the prompt to run the 3 PMDG .dll files. This never happened.
  • Also the PMDG options menu which gets added to the FSX Add-ons menu never appeared even though the entire were correctly included in the dll.xml file.
  • Also the nav data did not load prior to the panel loading which normally happens

A few pointers which worked for me secodn time round which I missed on the initial set up of the OS and FSX were:-

• I made sure .NET was enabled from the Turn Window features on/off options in Control Panel. This is now built into Win 7.By default it was disabled.
  • I pre-loaded the C++ redistributable packages prior to the FSX install. On my system I loaded the C++ 2005 x86 and both the x86 and x64 versions of C++ redistributable - I believe these are needed for some gauges to work. Note, I instaled these after FSX was installed I it didn't work for me.
  • Make sure you have a FSX folder structure that does not include "Progam Files" in the path. I followed the PMDG advice and put mine ona different hard disk e.g. E:/FSX
  • Make sure you have the latest version of graphics drivers loaded
  • Also for any FSX installation and/or re-install follow the advice from PMDG provided here... http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx
  • You can also follow NickN's advice listed here for 64bit system setup and tuning.... http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic34141_post198187.html#198187

If you need more info, I made a note of the entire setup procedure for my Win 7 64bit system and loading of FSX which I can share with you, if needed.:( Anyway, I hope these pointers are helpful to you. I'm sure others may have similar experiences to share.Good luck.RegardsMark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

<Hello Mark,Thank you for your comprehensive reply!I'll look into your suggestions in detail including your links during the coming weekend.Perhaps there is a difference with installing into in FSX and my FS2004.I don't remember any specific .dll files installation but hat to confirm the installation of C++ files.After selecting PMDG 747 the airac data base is running and the PMDG option menu becomes active but the window with the plane selection just continues to stay and will not load any of the 3 default aircrafts.When selecting then any other ac they will show with corrupted graphics.New start of FS2004 will show them ok again.I will probably open a ticket at PMDG but will strongly hesitate to re-install Win7 newly, too many other programs and devices alread running.Hope to be able to soon report back positively...Thanks again and best regardsErnst

Hi Ernst,I have the same problem, PMDG 747 will not load in FS9, if you try to load it, the plane's screen stays, untill you click cancel. All other planes load just fine. I tried to "repair" it by installing the 747 via the 1.20 installfile, but to no result so far. I hope someone will come up with a solution.greetings,Sjoerd NieuwlandDell Optiplex GX745Intel Coreduo 6600 @2,4GHzPNY Nvidia 9600GT OC6 Gb RAM (DelLL)Win 7 64 bit Home premium

<Hello Mark,Thank you for your comprehensive reply!I'll look into your suggestions in detail including your links during the coming weekend.Perhaps there is a difference with installing into in FSX and my FS2004.I don't remember any specific .dll files installation but hat to confirm the installation of C++ files.After selecting PMDG 747 the airac data base is running and the PMDG option menu becomes active but the window with the plane selection just continues to stay and will not load any of the 3 default aircrafts.When selecting then any other ac they will show with corrupted graphics.New start of FS2004 will show them ok again.I will probably open a ticket at PMDG but will strongly hesitate to re-install Win7 newly, too many other programs and devices alread running.Hope to be able to soon report back positively...Thanks again and best regardsErnst

Hi Ernst,I have the same problem, PMDG 747 will not load in FS9, if you try to load it, the plane's screen stays, untill you click cancel. All other planes load just fine. I tried to "repair" it by installing the 747 via the 1.20 installfile, but to no result so far. I hope someone will come up with a solution.greetings,Sjoerd NieuwlandDell Optiplex GX745Intel Coreduo 6600 @2,4GHzPNY Nvidia 9600GT OC6 Gb RAM (DelLL)Win 7 64 bit Home premium

I have this exact problem. I submitted a help ticket but haven't heard back yet from PMDG. Did you get this resolved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ugcx_banner.png