Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

What do you guys do while cruising?

What does everyone do while cruising? Had a particularly long flight yesterday but was bored out of my mind so I went 8x simulation speed until I was 80 miles out. How do you kill time?

What does everyone do while cruising? Had a particularly long flight yesterday but was bored out of my mind so I went 8x simulation speed until I was 80 miles out. How do you kill time?
on a long flight i set it up correctly before then off to bed

Lee Blackmore

I'm waiting for the first 'playing World of Warcraft' statement now. Just%20Kidding.gif

on a long flight i set it up correctly before then off to bed
What's the point of that? Why not just increase simulation speed and be done with it? If you're trying to simulate real life then surely you know that pilots don't go to bed while they're in there, I think.

Good question. I've read that 'the PC runs, I'm sleeping' thing more than once now.Apart from the energy saving aspect, you seem to be the guy remaining silent all the time when Gander ATC calls him them. (kidding) Oh, forgot about the snore sound. :(

let's put it this way, they are NOT SUPPOSE TO go to bed while in the cockpit but yes it happens.me? I will go through my stack of magazines and/or read a book . I try not to go on far legs, otherwise I do hit the r++++

Ciao!

Like to mention that in the very nice A2A B17, you will get "distracted" by the radio guy to show you some WWII recordings or music of that time. Good or bad? I'm actually quite happy about this feature. A unique one indeed.'Captain, I have something on the radio for you.''Captain?''Captain!?''He's asleep! and we're at war!'

I fly multiplayer with friends and make short flights, bored ain't an issue lol

Jay

Use the civa ins, no more boredom.I started to refuse the fmc to prevent boredom.

Use the civa ins, no more boredom.I started to refuse the fmc to prevent boredom.
I forgot about the INS while cooking (Captains get hungry when looking at water all the time) or something and found myself somewhere else. So it adds some surprising "mission like" mood to a boring overwater flight when looking at the position in relationship to your fuel then. Just%20Kidding.gifBut I doubt that this was intended to be the main character of the nice Civa INS.

I usually do other stuff around - sometimes I watch a movie, sometimes read something in the internet, manage stuff on the computer, clean the house, do stuff... but I NEVER go to bed or sleep. Defeats the purpose of a long flight...And I always keep VATSIM on the loudspeakers so I can hear if the ATC is calling.

Drink beer and watch sports..playoff hockey this time of year.

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I turn over the radios to the RC4 copilot and then pull out my guitar and practice. I usually set RC4 to pause at 80, 100, or 120 miles from the destination, depending on the type of aircraft and the cruise altitude. If I'm ambitious, I'll study the approach plates for my destination airport.Dale

Dale

I turn over the radios to the RC4 copilot and then pull out my guitar and practice.
Flying on instruments then? Big%20Grin.gifNice outcome here so far. I'm a really boring flight sim user it seems and I'm surprised about all the variations of the actual usage of the thing. Kepp em coming, please! Nice thread.