Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX Approach Checklist, please!

As far as why you can't print them, most likely because Boeing wants to make sure you don't print multiple copies for all your friends.
Still doesn't explain why they can't be printed then. If its about only the registered purchaser of the product having a copy of the manual then there is nothing stopping anyone emailing the pdf to 10000 friends.The manual won't be any use to these 10000 friends if they don't have the product. If they get the product by 'alternative' methods then they will have the manual anyway!

The manuals that PMDG has been shipping are real 737 manuals from Boeing. They arn't shipping the NGX manuals. As far as why you can't print them, most likely because Boeing wants to make sure you don't print multiple copies for all your friends.
That's right. Boeing "lent" PMDG the copyrights of the real 737 manuals. According to PMDG, they only added their logo and layout to the manuals. So, the 737-specific manuals are propriety of both PMDG and Boeing. That's why you wouldn't be able to print them. The manuals written by PMDG alone will probably be printable. [EDIT] PS.: And no Graham, a person can't email the manual to his friends because that's distribution, and if you taken some time to read the EULA, you will see that unauthorized distribution goes against PMDG copyrights. Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra

Still doesn't explain why they can't be printed then. If its about only the registered purchaser of the product having a copy of the manual then there is nothing stopping anyone emailing the pdf to 10000 friends.The manual won't be any use to these 10000 friends if they don't have the product. If they get the product by 'alternative' methods then they will have the manual anyway!
While you COULD do that, I'm sure that would be piracy and theft. And since the manuals are for 737's in general you wouldn't need the product to have a use for them.

Nick Running

I don't know what the PS Network is, nor do I have a gaming console, so.......I'll go with the NGX. :(
Ethan - the PSN is the online hub for the PS3. Cut a long story short it was hacked around 3 weeks ago with 70 million user details supposedly taken (I had to get a replacement debit card). Sony initially stated it would be down a few days, then be a week, then be up again in next few days, then sometime this week etc etc. Still waiting so I can play GTA4 online!
While you COULD do that, I'm sure that would be piracy and theft
Correct but tell that to the person giving/recieving. They wouldn't care.
And since the manuals are for 737's in general you wouldn't need the product to have a use for them.
But without a product they are only reference material. That can be googled easily enough.

But without a product they are only reference material. That can be googled easily enough.
Happens that copyrights are not for the main product alone. It's for the whole package. It's valid for the plane, the manuals, the load manager (in case of older PMDG products), everything. The stuff you can find in Google are illegal. Boeing have never authorized anyone to distribute the manuals over the internet or make them public by any means.

Matheus Mafra

Correct but tell that to the person giving/recieving. They wouldn't care. But without a product they are only reference material. That can be googled easily enough.
True but what do you expect Boeing to say "Please distribute this to everyone you know"?? Yes, its possible to distribute these manuals and break the law. But the whole point is that Boeing is going to try and make it as hard as possible to do. Honestly the fact that printing all this material will cost me almost as much in ink and supplies than just buying them combined with the fact that they would be much more professionally presented makes it easy for me to justify buying them when the NGX comes out.

Nick Running

Ethan - the PSN is the online hub for the PS3. Cut a long story short it was hacked around 3 weeks ago with 70 million user details supposedly taken (I had to get a replacement debit card). Sony initially stated it would be down a few days, then be a week, then be up again in next few days, then sometime this week etc etc. Still waiting so I can play GTA4 online!
Ouch! That had to hurt both the users and Sony.

PS.: And no Graham, you can't email the manual to you friends because that's distribution, and if you have taken some time to read the EULA, you may have noticed that unauthorized distribution goes against PMDG copyrights.
I know that and I have no intention of giving anyone anything that I pay for. I didnt state/imply that I was going to just making the point that a pdf can be attached to an email and sent to a large number of people who can then read it without having to register/activate etc.Regardless I can't read the EULA because one hasn't been released yet so unfortunately I can't take any time at all, limited or infinite :(

I know that and I have no intention of giving anyone anything that I pay for. I didnt state/imply that I was going to just making the point that a pdf can be attached to an email and sent to a large number of people who can then read it without having to register/activate etc.
I never said you were going to do so. Sorry if it seemed this way. Wasn't my intention.

Matheus Mafra

I never said you were going to do so. Sorry if it seemed this way. Wasn't my intention.
No need to apologise but thanks anyway :(

Since when are we talking about the real 737 manuals?Do you think they might be included in the NGX? I don't.&About the copyrights: Where's the difference between having these manuals on your desctop or having them in your hand? I don't see the reason why they should prohibit printing them.
Has to do with piracy, no?1) Distributing a couple of hundred Mb in .pdfformat is a question of minutes.2) Scanning/copying a manual is much more work and will hold "the owners" of the original manuals off doing that.3) Printing? You can print to .pdf, then see stap one (1).There are ways to prevent distribution of electronic documents but it involves HASP keys and real-time connections.... I'm not sure wheter either one of us wants to come up with the money to support that :)Bert Van Bulck

I'm starting to have doubts myself, maby the other variants will come later, but every video, and screen shot has been of the 800.
No need to have doubts, the rest of the models are coming. We did the -800 first because that was the aircraft that the team went and photographed for reference images to build the VC and exterior model. It is only natural that we did the variant we photographed for obvious reasons - makes life easier modeling. Trust me when I say the other variants are forth coming :-)Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Jason, does that mean the other models aren't modeled yet, or just no screens to show yet? By the way which version of Max do you use Jason? I learned on 2011 last year and I'm still learning. I haven't modeled anything really sick yet but I'm enjoying learning.Hiram Hunt

First, I am looking forward to flying this aircraft, which appears to incorporate some nice refinements.Second, as a customer from day one and most company products purchased, so many threads with so much text telling us how wonderful PMDG and this aircraftb are, is way too much. When we fly it, we will surely find out. This unprecedented laborious shoulder patting is really a unique achievement, not sure I'd be proud of.

God I hate you all for having Max! I am stuck with stupid GMAX, lol. I can't fork over enough money to get 3DS or it would be mine...

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website