Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Release date guess ?

Any educated guesses as to a release date. We know from the past that MS likes to release in October to cash in on Christmas shopping which leads me to believe that it will be out in October 2011, can if really be as late as October 2012 ? Add another 12 to 18 months for our fav addons to appear and this baby could be a long long way out.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

My total guess is that, unless we here otherwise by June/July, the release will be next October rather than this.

Take it for what it's worth, but it's not even in Beta yet. So don't look for a 2011 release.

Any educated guesses as to a release date. We know from the past that MS likes to release in October to cash in on Christmas shopping which leads me to believe that it will be out in October 2011, can if really be as late as October 2012 ? Add another 12 to 18 months for our fav addons to appear and this baby could be a long long way out.Mark.
The exact date of the release of FLIGHT has been foretold by Nostradamus. Thus:1. Microsoft = 9 Letters. (Flipped upside down = 6) 2. FLIGHT = 6 Letters. =63. Simulator = 9 Letters. (Flipped upside down = 6)(Notice that MS dropped the Simulator name from the game to confuse us from the prophecy.)Okay so the number 666 has been established. This means that FLIGHT will be released on a day of great horror for humanity. Next:4. The second press release from Microsoft concerning FLIGHT was on DEC. 8. 12+8=205. This is the first version of the product without the Simulator name (again done to confuse us from the ultimae prophecy.) =1So. 20+1=21. We now have the day of release, the 21st day of the month.6. FLIGHT will be released in time for Christmas which falls in the Month of December = 12. Now we have 12/21.7. FLIGHT is still in alpha testing (Alpha being the 1st letter in the Greek Alphabet) = 18. FLIGHT will then proceed into Beta testing (the second letter in the Greek Alphabet) = 2. which equals 12 = 2012.So there can be no doubt that FLIGHT will be released on 12/21/2012. Which coincidently is the end of the Mayan Calandar and the exact day that a meteor will smash into the earth and kill everyone. So, the good news is...MS FLIGHT will be the best version of the game ever released and will include every feature ever asked for and perform at 500 FPS on a Pentium 1. The bad news is shortly after you start your first flight, you will be evaporated in a blinding flash.

Mike, that's priceless! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Mike, can you also deduct and hour? I like to see the announcement before Elinin crashes on Redmond.

1. Priceless has 9 letters. The ninth letter of the aphabet is "I".2. A synonym for "priceless" is "rare" and has 4 letters. That makes "D".3. Another synonym is "cherished" with another 9 letters."O" never mind..... :(

Guest jahman
...a meteor will smash into the earth and kill everyone. ...
Will the meteor be modelled in MS FLight (if so, with what L/D?), or will we have to purchase a Meteor add-on from the Flight Marketplace?Any bookies putting odds on the Flight release date yet?Cheers,- jahman.

Guest jahman
OK so 2012 is the likely bet. Looks good for investment in computer rebuild then !Mark.
Absolutely! Think Ivy Bridge socket 2011 and NextGen video cards with PCIe 3.0 (2x BW!).(Well, that's my target anyway.)Cheers,- jahman.

The exact date of the release of FLIGHT has been foretold by Nostradamus. Thus:1. Microsoft = 9 Letters. (Flipped upside down = 6) 2. FLIGHT = 6 Letters. =63. Simulator = 9 Letters. (Flipped upside down = 6)(Notice that MS dropped the Simulator name from the game to confuse us from the prophecy.)Okay so the number 666 has been established. This means that FLIGHT will be released on a day of great horror for humanity. Next:4. The second press release from Microsoft concerning FLIGHT was on DEC. 8. 12+8=205. This is the first version of the product without the Simulator name (again done to confuse us from the ultimae prophecy.) =1So. 20+1=21. We now have the day of release, the 21st day of the month.6. FLIGHT will be released in time for Christmas which falls in the Month of December = 12. Now we have 12/21.7. FLIGHT is still in alpha testing (Alpha being the 1st letter in the Greek Alphabet) = 18. FLIGHT will then proceed into Beta testing (the second letter in the Greek Alphabet) = 2. which equals 12 = 2012.So there can be no doubt that FLIGHT will be released on 12/21/2012. Which coincidently is the end of the Mayan Calandar and the exact day that a meteor will smash into the earth and kill everyone. So, the good news is...MS FLIGHT will be the best version of the game ever released and will include every feature ever asked for and perform at 500 FPS on a Pentium 1. The bad news is shortly after you start your first flight, you will be evaporated in a blinding flash.
:( Damn, that must be really good stuff.Just open the window a little bit for some fresh air to get in man.IT WAS AWESOME :( . thanks

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

And to yhink we used to laugh at medieval theologians for endlessly debating how many angels could dance on the head of a pin...

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.